Start by marking “Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: A Dark Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: A Dark Graphic Novel

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley: A Dark Graphic Novel

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Author Sergio A. Sierra and illustrator Meritxell Ribas reanimate Mary Shelleys classic tale. Traumatized by the death of his mother, young Victor Frankenstein vows to discover the secrets of life and death. He assembles a monster from parts of corpses and uses electricity to bring it to life. Horrified by what he has done, Frankenstein abandons the creature, who is met by ...more
Published August 1st 2012 by Enslow Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Patrick
This graphic novel is a simple retelling of a classic story. The text includes the major highpoints of the story; unfortunately, there was no mention of the charnel house. The framing of the novel is retained as well, making the graphic novel rendering a quality replica of the original. Language within the story is kept simple, allowing for a high level of readability, especially in lower level readers.

The black and white panels, there is no color, adds an ominous tone to the story. Don't let t
Jesse Zellmer
Not it's not the original Frankenstein but old English style novels sure do tend to get boring. Elitist writers and fans of literature would probably say that reviewing this isn't even real reading. Old English to graphic novel? Well here's to polarizing change I guess. The graphic novel obviously follows the plot of the original Frankenstein, which means while typical for gothic horror (a la Dracula and the original Frankenstein) and the writing still being in old English, the graphic part of t ...more
John Garrigan
Age Recommendation: 8+

This adaptation of Frankenstein, which holds inherent interest to kids based on the movie, the classic character design, and the story about a misunderstood monster who just wants to be loved, is very attractive. The art is very moody and expressionistic, and since the story is based on the book instead of the movie, it'll be a little different to those who think they know the story. This will keep them on their toes and keep them reading.
Jesse Rice
This was way better than the actual book. I don't know if it was because it was much more concise or if it was just because it held my attention. Either way, this version was more interesting to me than the original.
Jessica
Well...this was totally unlike any Frankenstein movie I've ever seen. I don't know if I'll ever pick up Shelley's version, but at least I can envision something other than Abbott & Costello! The artwork is wonderful - gothic and spooky.
V.M. Sang
V.M. Sang is currently reading it
Jan 30, 2015
Pamela A.
Pamela A. marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Amanda Gronemeyer
Amanda Gronemeyer marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014