Start by marking “Navy Wife” as Want to Read:
Navy Wife

Navy Wife (Navy Series #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  801 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Impulsive, wounded, vulnerable, Lindy Kyle was unprepared for a roommate like Rush Callaghan. Strong, sensitive and sexy, the temporarily dry-docked naval officer was everything she'd ever dreamed of in a man...in a husband.

But Rush placed duty to his country above all else. Though he and Lindy were swept away on a tide of passion, he was called back to sea. They say absen
Published February 15th 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published 1988)

R*beth*h Hart
Had to hit the library feeling low on budget and needing something to read. Being a Navy Wife for 10 1/2 years this book has always caught my eye but I wasn't sure I wanted to rehash all those feelings. I finally gave in and am glad I did. She used several wives to research this book and I feel she covered both sides of the life very well. It is however dedicated to the backbone of the Navy though the wives and if you have ever lived the life you know what that entails. This is a great story abo ...more
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
What an intricate and well-crafted story. Macomber’s inviting writing style draws you in to this enjoyable story. This heartfelt story held my attention throughout. I couldn’t put it down. Ok. That’s a bit of a lie. I did put it down once because I was crying so hard I had to go grab a box of tissue. But other than that I read it from beginning to end in a single sitting. I loved how the author brings together the big events in life along with the little, everyday things that we rarely think abo ...more
Melanie Howard
Good,I was a navy wife for 10 years. he was in the navy when I married him. I knew we would be apart. the first year he was gone 9 months. so I can tell relate to this on so many levels.
Belinda
A must read for all navy wives if you want a good laugh! The sheer absurdity of it makes you laugh out loud.
Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, Lindy Kyle flees to Seattle hoping to mend a broken heart. But she is unprepared for her new roommate, Rush Callaghan. Strong, sensitive, and sexy as hell, the naval officer represents everything Lindy has ever believed a husband should be. But Rush is a navy man and country and service precedes personal relationships. While passion consumes them, Rush is reactivated and sent to sea leaving them with the question: Will their marriage survive a sea of separation?

Macom
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
I don't know what it is with some romances but some are just outright cheesy. Sadly, Navy Wife didn't impress me. It was kind of repetetive at times. I don't know that I will continue to read the series.

I expected more feeling from this author. Her other works have brought out warm feelings out me but this one was just flat.
Kim Hampton
I'm a huge supporter of our military men and women, and their families, so I really enjoyed this book. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Note: if your husband or wife is currently deployed, or is deploying in the future, I recommend you DO NOT read this book.
Amber
It's was a sweet story. I also think the Debbie Macomber understands base living and you can see it in her writing. (navy series)
Emily Higgins
Lindy Kyle moves to Seattle to find a job and recover from a broken engagement. Lindy's brother, a submariner, is at sea. He told her she could use his apartment until she gets settled because both he and his roommate are at sea for several months. Rush Callahan's ship has mechanical problems shortly after putting out to sea. The ship returns to port and Rush finds a strange woman in his apartment. Lindy and Rush are attracted to one another after their initial confrontation. They marry after on ...more
Marie Buccellato
Just started the Navy series & cant wait to read book #2....Another winner & I recommend anyone to read this
Shelly Ann Haselden
I loved this one, so true to the nature of how
it worked out!
Lara
Spicier than her Blossom Street or Promise, Texas books. A few inconsistencies, i.e. he lay her on the bed and then a few paragraphs later her dress falls to the floor and she lies down. The ending is rushed and Lindy changes her mind with very little explanation. Still, an enjoyable read and I will definitely check out the next book in the series.
T.M.
Not a bad book. Mildly graphic in parts but that was to expected for this kind of novel. The technology of available to the military back then makes me appreciate what I had.
Zohrah
I've always wonder about Americans and being married to someone working in military. Really good story.
Kobie
3.5 their love seemed a bit unrealistic, but it was fun to read a non-wartime military romance.
Heidi
I absolutely love this book. The whirlwind romance between Lindy and Rush is beautifully written. Te ending left me in tears. There are a few loose strings to tie up in the next book, so off to the library I go.
Minie
Not my cup of tea.. Everything about this book was weak... From beginning to end. The misunderstanding of her being the roomie's gf to the brother coming back finding them in bed... To the misunderstanding about the letter mix up.. All very weak points.

I do give props to the mentions of how hard it could be the wife of service men.. I couldn't imagine what that's like to only see your spouse for only weeks in a year.. Tough. And kudos to them.

Overall.. Book isn't worth reading, there are good
Ines
I try to avoid modern romance novels of this type in general, bug my curiosity got the better of me. The book actually had plot. Decent plot. I was impressed. The action sequences felt really forced at times, which was very disappointing, but this book is much better than one of the other books I've read by her. I'm just not a fan of the genre.
Glenda L
Impulsive, wounded and vulnerable, Lindy Kyle was unprepared for a roommate like Rush Callaghan. He was everything she'd ever dreamed of in a man. But Rush placed duty to his country above all else. He was called back to sea and Lindy almost couldn't handle it. Another of Debbie Macomber's, what might be a good series.
Robin DeJarnett
A nice little contemporary romance. Not the deepest characters, but easy to read. I wished the ending had been stretched out a bit - lots of stress on the anticipation, then a whole lot of external conflict at the end without the same attention to the internal resolutions.
Gisele
Ok! mmm es una historia corta, en lo personal la trama es demasiado rebuscada, no pasa de lo usual, y en algunas partes te emocionas un poco y en la siguiente decepciona! Es el #1 de una serie y estoy en dudas de continuar con las siguientes.
Anderson County Library
Impulsive and vulnerable Lindy Kyle was unprepared for strong, sensitive Rush Callaghan. The naval officer is everything she's dreamed of in a husband. When Rush's duty takes him away, will they make it?
Becky
When I first picked this book up I wasn't sure if it would be any good. As I started reading though I found that I couldn't put it down. Plan to get the others in the series as well.
Janie
I was a bit surprised at this author's early books......not in a bad way .....just different......alot more bedroom action :>)
Carol Essig
this was my first Macomber book; I enjoyed the love shared by the couple and the inner workings of the Navy. Sweet read
Gwynn
Good story and it continues with 4 other books to follow. Starting book 2 to see the next saga.
Booklover
Sorry made a mistake but rectified it

will add my review when i read this book
Sue
Well written, funny and enjoyable read. Where are the 'Navy Men' at?
Jamie
Debbie Macomber always a fun and romantic read!
Carmen
Great read....thi I will continue with the series
  • Glory, Glory
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • The SEAL's Surprise Baby (Silhouette Desire, #1467)
  • The Nine-Month Marriage (Bravo Family, #1) (Conveniently Yours, #1)
  • Passion Becomes You
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Baby Business
  • Duarte's Child (Latin Lovers) (Harlequin Presents, #2199)
  • Hired by Her Husband
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Tiger Prince
  • Pregnancy of Revenge
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • The Wedding Charade
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • The Billionaire's Baby Bargain (A is for Alpha, #2)
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover #3)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)