Start by marking “Navy Brat” as Want to Read:
Navy Brat

Navy Brat (Navy #3)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,007 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Erin MacNamera had one hard and fast rule: never, never, never fall for a navy man. But, from the heart-stopping moment her eyes met Lieutenant Brandon Davis's across a crowded lounge, Erin knew life would never be the same. Sexy, tender and strong, Brandon was all she'd ever dreamed of in a man, but he was also navy--and as a navy brat from way back, she knew better than ...more
Published February 15th 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Navy Brat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Navy Brat

Heidi
Dec 01, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How Brand put up with Erin's stubbornness is beyond me. Still a very heart warming book. Now of to the next one in this series.
Jeanne
Apr 21, 2015 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I enjoy reading Debbie Macomber books. The stories are upbeat and have interactive characters. There's always a lot of romance with a happy ending to follow. This one is no exception. Erin MacNamera was hard to believe as she was suppose to be in love with Brandon Davis, but she wouldn't commit to being his wife. She seemed to do everything she could to get out of their romance. She finally saw the light but it took her way to long to do it. Think of the wonderful life she missed out on by all ...more
Natalie
Oct 15, 2012 Natalie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: macomber
This is an early Macomber work, as well as my first of the Navy series, so perhaps I shouldn't judge it so harshly- however, it was a bit disappointing. The characters were annoying, the plot redundant, and the ending felt way too rushed. The sexual acts Erin and Brand engaged in were unbelievable, to say the least. Who goes that far, as involved and turned on as they are, and don't go all the way? He takes care of her but refuses her to take care of him? How noble. Brand is afraid they will onl ...more
Debbie Heaton
Apr 17, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Macomber’s romance novel, Erin MacNamera is a navy brat with one rule: don’t trust any man in the Navy. When an old friend asks Lieutenant Brandon Davis to look up his daughter, he finds himself face-to-face with Erin and the knowledge that they are meant for each other. When Brandon is called to duty, the opportunity presents itself for him to show Erin that navy men are reliable, dependable, and capable of love.

As always, Macomber weaves a memorable story of romance.

Barbi
Jun 07, 2015 Barbi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a total sucker for a good romance novel but one that includes a handsome fella in uniform and I am completely sold! This was no exception to that rule. Brand seems like the perfect Navy man and I loved reading as he and Erin fought their feelings for one another. The supportive characters were also wonderful. This was definitely worth my time to read it!
Emily Higgins
Oct 31, 2014 Emily Higgins rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Erin MacNamara had promised herself that she would not ever marry a man in the military. She had enough of moving all over the world while her father was in the Navy. Then she met Lt. Brandon Davis. The attraction was immediate. Now Erin must decide which is stronger, her aversion to military life or her love for Brand. Good story.
Lara
Jun 18, 2014 Lara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
I hate the trope where the man knows better than the woman what's good for her. I dislike the repeated belief that he is right and she will eventually "come to her senses." And I really hate when a man calls the woman he loves "baby". All three are overwhelmingly present in this book.
Teresa
Feb 28, 2013 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know the old saying never say never, when you do, you do it anyway. That is like this story of Navy Brat by Debbie Maccomber. Erin, was a navy brat, father was in the navy,; so when he ask Brand to check up on his daughter up in Seattle he did. Erin, was not hot, she was down to earth girl. When they met Erin, told him she do not like navy guys, but he did not let her know about her father. But, Brand kept on after Erin, so thay went out couple of times, until he got orders to go to another ...more
Zohrah
Oct 27, 2014 Zohrah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite an interesting read but it's too erotic compare to the first few books. The book is full of lust. Not too crazy about it. Plot of story is quite nice but too short, too sudden of an ending.
Christy Finecy
Jun 28, 2015 Christy Finecy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BEWARE: Extremely hard to put down! A very good book to lose yourself in for a few hours.
Ginny
Oct 21, 2015 Ginny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.7 Barely. I wanted to slap Erin so many times. Is that bad?
Yosss chaouch
Oct 04, 2014 Yosss chaouch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lee
May 15, 2014 Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice read really enjoyed it.
Lauri
Aug 27, 2010 Lauri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy Debbie Macomber's ability to write a romance where you can tell that the attraction goes beyond the physical. Brand is a great hero. I will say I noticed as I read that the book is 19 years old, and I couldn't help but notice how times have changed: no cell phone, no email, no war in Iraq or Afghanistan. It makes me wonder how the book would be written today.
Martha
Oct 12, 2010 Martha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm done with this Navy series. The books are just so unimaginative and unnecessarily raunchy. Not to mention that there is no depth to the characters whatsoever, and this "love" that they're in is fueled only by lust. All in all, this series is a disappointment and I don't recommend it.
Courtney Moulton
I really enjoyed this book. I love the way the story can take you on a ride and make you feel like that you are there and apart of it. This book a great book to cuddle up with the book or on your electronic device and a warm blanket and just get lost in it.
Sneha
One of the best in the NAVY SERIES. Brandon Davis,i love the way you woo,and love,too! Will do almost about anything to be in Erin's shoes ;D What?! Don't remind me that it's all hypothetical..
Carol
Jun 05, 2013 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erin grew up as a navy brat and now all she wants to do is settle down and grow roots. However, Brand has other ideas and sets out to change her mind.

Another enjoyable and easy read.
Valine
Sep 17, 2010 Valine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've only read a couple of Debbie Macomber's books and was disappointed with this one because it wasn't clean. Good storyline but was cheapened by the "petting".
Lhou
Jul 15, 2008 Lhou rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the veryb first novel ive read, ive the sweet story of erin mcnammera, this is how i got the name erin as my pseudo on the phone..
Amber
Sep 07, 2007 Amber rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
It's was a sweet story. I also think the Debbie Macomber understands base living and you can see it in her writing. (navy series)
Kim Hampton
May 19, 2014 Kim Hampton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not quite as good as the other books in this series that I've read so far, but still a great story.
Kimberly
Jun 26, 2008 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book, quick read and just couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Stacy
Aug 17, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book. I completely understand what the main character was going through.
Rita
Was different from the books I usually read from you. But was interesting.
Gwynn
Apr 13, 2013 Gwynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series. Can't wait to see the next adventure.
Sally Sinclair
Mar 26, 2013 Sally Sinclair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun series. Great relaxing, vacation reading.
Jan Mcleod
Aug 30, 2012 Jan Mcleod rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
well written and good research; excellent story
Titi
Sep 08, 2012 Titi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Least favorite so far of the Navy series.
Fran Tucker
Aug 10, 2011 Fran Tucker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommend -- good read
  • Holiday Heroes: A Soldier for All Seasons/Christmas at His Command (Conard County, #17)
  • Hit Hard
  • Kentucky Heat
  • Basic Training (Harlequin Blaze #238)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • The Specialist
  • Home Fires
  • Secret of the Stone
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Blaze of Glory (Special Operations, #2)
  • Crossing The Line
  • Risking It All
  • Daring Moves
  • Flyboy
  • Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 770 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Navy (6 books)
  • Navy Wife (Navy #1)
  • Navy Blues (Navy #2)
  • Navy Woman (Navy #4)
  • Navy Baby (Navy #5)
  • Navy Husband (Navy #6) (Silhouette Special Edition #1693)

“survive this evening with her” 0 likes