Start by marking “Navy Brat” as Want to Read:
Navy Brat

Navy Brat (Navy Series #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  830 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Erin MacNamera had one hard and fast rule: never, never, never fall for a navy man. But, from the heart-stopping moment her eyes met Lieutenant Brandon Davis's across a crowded lounge, Erin knew life would never be the same. Sexy, tender and strong, Brandon was all she'd ever dreamed of in a man, but he was also navy--and as a navy brat from way back, she knew better than ...more
Published February 15th 2013 by Harlequin Mira (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Navy Brat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Navy Brat

Natalie
This is an early Macomber work, as well as my first of the Navy series, so perhaps I shouldn't judge it so harshly- however, it was a bit disappointing. The characters were annoying, the plot redundant, and the ending felt way too rushed. The sexual acts Erin and Brand engaged in were unbelievable, to say the least. Who goes that far, as involved and turned on as they are, and don't go all the way? He takes care of her but refuses her to take care of him? How noble. Brand is afraid they will onl ...more
Debbie Heaton
In Macomber’s romance novel, Erin MacNamera is a navy brat with one rule: don’t trust any man in the Navy. When an old friend asks Lieutenant Brandon Davis to look up his daughter, he finds himself face-to-face with Erin and the knowledge that they are meant for each other. When Brandon is called to duty, the opportunity presents itself for him to show Erin that navy men are reliable, dependable, and capable of love.

As always, Macomber weaves a memorable story of romance.

Emily Higgins
Erin MacNamara had promised herself that she would not ever marry a man in the military. She had enough of moving all over the world while her father was in the Navy. Then she met Lt. Brandon Davis. The attraction was immediate. Now Erin must decide which is stronger, her aversion to military life or her love for Brand. Good story.
Lara
I hate the trope where the man knows better than the woman what's good for her. I dislike the repeated belief that he is right and she will eventually "come to her senses." And I really hate when a man calls the woman he loves "baby". All three are overwhelmingly present in this book.
Teresa
You know the old saying never say never, when you do, you do it anyway. That is like this story of Navy Brat by Debbie Maccomber. Erin, was a navy brat, father was in the navy,; so when he ask Brand to check up on his daughter up in Seattle he did. Erin, was not hot, she was down to earth girl. When they met Erin, told him she do not like navy guys, but he did not let her know about her father. But, Brand kept on after Erin, so thay went out couple of times, until he got orders to go to another ...more
Zohrah
Quite an interesting read but it's too erotic compare to the first few books. The book is full of lust. Not too crazy about it. Plot of story is quite nice but too short, too sudden of an ending.
Yosss chaouch
Lee
Nice read really enjoyed it.
Lauri
I enjoy Debbie Macomber's ability to write a romance where you can tell that the attraction goes beyond the physical. Brand is a great hero. I will say I noticed as I read that the book is 19 years old, and I couldn't help but notice how times have changed: no cell phone, no email, no war in Iraq or Afghanistan. It makes me wonder how the book would be written today.
Martha
I'm done with this Navy series. The books are just so unimaginative and unnecessarily raunchy. Not to mention that there is no depth to the characters whatsoever, and this "love" that they're in is fueled only by lust. All in all, this series is a disappointment and I don't recommend it.
Courtney Moulton
I really enjoyed this book. I love the way the story can take you on a ride and make you feel like that you are there and apart of it. This book a great book to cuddle up with the book or on your electronic device and a warm blanket and just get lost in it.
Sneha
One of the best in the NAVY SERIES. Brandon Davis,i love the way you woo,and love,too! Will do almost about anything to be in Erin's shoes ;D What?! Don't remind me that it's all hypothetical..
Carol
Erin grew up as a navy brat and now all she wants to do is settle down and grow roots. However, Brand has other ideas and sets out to change her mind.

Another enjoyable and easy read.
Valine
I've only read a couple of Debbie Macomber's books and was disappointed with this one because it wasn't clean. Good storyline but was cheapened by the "petting".
Lhou
the veryb first novel ive read, ive the sweet story of erin mcnammera, this is how i got the name erin as my pseudo on the phone..
Amber
It's was a sweet story. I also think the Debbie Macomber understands base living and you can see it in her writing. (navy series)
Kim Hampton
Not quite as good as the other books in this series that I've read so far, but still a great story.
Kimberly
What a great book, quick read and just couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Rita
Was different from the books I usually read from you. But was interesting.
Gwynn
Love this series. Can't wait to see the next adventure.
Sally Sinclair
Fun series. Great relaxing, vacation reading.
Jan Mcleod
well written and good research; excellent story
Titi
Least favorite so far of the Navy series.
Fran Tucker
Recommend -- good read
Michelle Blake
Michelle Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
  • At Your Command
  • Holiday Heroes: A Soldier for All Seasons/Christmas at His Command (Conard County, #17)
  • Daring Moves
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Celebration
  • Hit Hard
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Home Fires
  • The Apartment (Harlequin Romance Manga)
  • Secrecy
  • Secret of the Stone
  • Risking It All (Harlequin Blaze #327)
  • Flyboy
  • Taking Cover (Wingmen Warriors, #2) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1187)
  • Crossing The Line
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)