Start by marking “Merlin's Dragon: Doomraga's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Merlin's Dragon: Doomraga's Revenge
Preview

Merlin's Dragon: Doomraga's Revenge (Merlin's Dragon #2)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  420 ratings  ·  19 reviews
There is currently no description available for this title at this time.
Published August 31st 2010 by Ace Books (first published September 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Merlin's Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merlin's Dragon

Robert
Book Review: i think this was a great book. I really enjoyed how everybody cooperated to complete one goal, which was to save Avalon. In the book the dragon and Merlin have a strong connection due to precious events. This connection allowed them to save Avalon and restore peace. During their journey Merlin and his dragon friend really got to know each other. I would recommend this book to anyone and it was just amazing.

Plot summary: The plot was amazing. The setting was in Avalon and the opening
Paul Lunger
The 7th book in T. A. Barron's Lost Years of Merlin saga, "Doomraga's Revenge", finds our friends Basil & Merlin exploring Avalon to find out the causes of various problems within Avalon. We also have the slow rise of the evil Doomraga who remains mostly a background force that is slowly lingering. Barron's tale is a quick moving enjoyable one which shows us more of the varying aspects of the kingdom & the decisions which have Merlin headed toward Earth. For Basil, though, this story is ...more
Rebecca Salazar
This book was even better than the last one and I found myself on the edge of my seat. However, my main problem with this book is that the search for Doomraga was far too drawn out. I also didn't like the fact that Merlin's wife died in this story. I think that was a pointless move and it didn't make me sad, just angry. I think that she should've lived. I want to see how the romance between Krytallus and the Queen of the Elves played out in another book series because it was just a tidbit of wha ...more
Bill
One of my biggest pet peeves about reading fantasy books is that they spend so much time extending the series, a lot of times nothing really happens between the covers. I guess, since this is a Y.A. title, there has to be a lot of action. There is, and it's pretty good. Also, Barron's Avalon is a bit compelling.
Olivia
This is the second book in the Merlin's Dragon trioligy. This is where Basil is trying to protect Avalon from the fire dragons. The fire dragons were tormenting the dwarves. They wanted all their gold. Basilgarrd the biggest dragon in all of Avolon is trying to defeat them.
Derek
Excellent book, but the ending leaves the reader annoyed with the author: just as we finally find out who/what the heck Doomraga is, wham! white space. The next book better be coming soon, for the author's sake. But all in all, a good book.
Chrisann Lamb
Does Doomraga Prevail?

I enjoyed Doomraga's revenge. The hardest part is being a bystander as Merlin and his son sever their familial ties. Basilgarrad does his best to save Avalon, but will it be enough?
Stephanie
This story was great. The family drama was pretty sad, but it gave the characters more depth. I enjoyed reading about the history of Avalon from the Great Tree series.
Karolinde (Kari)
Feb 03, 2010 Karolinde (Kari) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All the Murphys, fantasy fans
I love Basil! This book is so much about responsibility and choice. And it's an exciting story. I can't wait for the third book to come out.
Ben
This book got going much quicker than the last one. It felt more like the original five books in pace and character. I enjoyed it.
Anthony Faber
Merlin's Dragon #2 or Merlin #7. Takes up where "Merlin's Dragon" leaves off and ends on a bit of a cliffhanger.

Matt Kemberling
Some interesting humor at the end, specifically when it talks about dentists... It was a good read though.
Katie
Better than the last one. Be sure to have the next book on hand, this one ends in a cliffhanger.
Samantha
I love the Merlin stories, but not a lot happened in this one and it felt very short.
Marikka
Kinda of fast pace, but still good :) I can't wait for the third book!
Sherry
Love the Merlin series of books. Read this one in 2 days September 2013.
Audrey
...Disappointing. I love T. A. Barron, this just didn't cut it. :/
Tim McNeil
I have always loved T.A Barron's works
Vajra
Vajra marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Glen Davis
Glen Davis marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Thereadingowl
Thereadingowl marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Steve Hardy
Steve Hardy marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Kismeth
Kismeth marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Noe Rangel
Noe Rangel marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • Hobby (The Young Merlin Trilogy, #2)
  • The Dark Planet (Atherton, #3)
  • Guinevere's Gamble (Chrysalis Queen Quartet, #2)
  • The Secret of Ashona (Erec Rex, #5)
  • The Saint of Dragons (Simon St George #1)
  • The Dragon Diary: Dragonology Chronicles Volume 2
  • Legion of the Dead (Barnaby Grimes, # 3)
  • Troubletwisters (Troubletwisters, #1)
  • Spellspam (Worldweavers, #2)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • Alien on a Rampage
  • Tiger's Blood (Tiger's Apprentice, #2)
  • The Legend of the King (The Squire's Tales, #10)
  • The Time Hunters and the Box of Eternity (Time Hunters, #2)
  • The Rise of the Black Wolf (Grey Griffins, #2)
T.A. Barron grew up in Colorado ranch country and traveled widely as a Rhodes Scholar. Though he’d dreamed of becoming a writer, he couldn’t find anyone to publish his first novel. He joined a business, eventually became president, then decided to try again. So in 1990, he surprised his business partners by moving back to Colorado to become a writer and conservationist. Since then he has written o ...more
More about T.A. Barron...

Merlin's Dragon (3 books)
  • Merlin's Dragon (Merlin's Dragon, #1)
  • Ultimate Magic (Merlin's Dragon trilogy, #3)
The Lost Years (The Lost Years of Merlin, #1) The Seven Songs of Merlin (The Lost Years of Merlin, #2) The Mirror of Merlin (The Lost Years of Merlin, #4) The Wings of Merlin (The Lost Years of Merlin, #5) The Fires of Merlin (The Lost Years of Merlin, #3)