Digestive Health with Real Food: A Practical Guide to an Anti-Inflammatory, Low-Irritant, Nutrient Dense Diet for Ibs & Other Digestive Issues

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Health begins in the gut. In addition to digestive disorders, many other health problems can stem from damage to your intestines, including migraines, skin problems, autoimmune conditions, and weight abnormalities, so tackling your digestion first is smart if you want to maximize your chances of obtaining optimal health. Beyond simply managing your symptoms, Digestive Heal...more
Published June 1st 2013 by Paleo Media Group (first published May 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Digestive Health with Real Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digestive Health with Real Food

Amy
This book combines principles from the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, GAPS, Autoimmune Paleo, Low-FODMAP and SIBO/Candida diets into a plan that covers pretty much every base for your digestive health. It recommends healthy fats, probiotics and fermented foods, and a plan for reintroducing fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds to find the best diet for you. It is pretty restrictive for the first 3-4 weeks, so I can't see the average Joe picking up this book and diving in. Even for the average IBS patient...more
Josh
I read the companion cookbook before this book. Unsure whether overlap exists, a couple recipes caught my attention here: Muffins of carrot and muffins of salmon.

The chapter titles are: Introduction -- My story -- The basics of digestion -- When digestion goes wrong -- Diet to the rescue! -- Nourishing foods -- Design your own diet -- Supplements -- The mind-body connection -- Living life-- eating out and traveling! -- Troubleshooting -- Recipes -- Meal plans.

As a bonus, the reference are divide...more
Cinda
Jun 10, 2013 Cinda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: paleo
The most comprehensive book I've seen on digestive health. I'd love to see doctors read this and become more educated for their patients, but the truth is, we have to take our health into our own hands. It's why our family has been using Young Living essential oils. Aglaee's recipes are simple (expected on an elimination diet). Her Carrot Treat is like dessert! I'm looking forward to trying the Lemon Butter Sauce, Coconut Oatmeal, and Avocado Mouse.
Sabrina
Favorite nutrition book yet re gut health....even trumped Practical Paleo for me, which is saying a lot!
Jenna
Lots of information, but the size o fthe book had me thinking cookbook, not research paper.
Jennie
From making your own coconut milk to preserving herbs this book is packed with great information and attractive pictures.

As always, I stress a visit to your local GP before adopting any diet or a change in diet just in case.

Medication, IBS, Crohn's disease, celiac disease, all affect your digestive system and require special diets. There are a few meat dishes but overall just a flip through this book made me hungry.
It boasts 100+ recipes all grain, gluten and allergen free.

Easy to find local ing...more
Julie
Anyone looking to eat healthier, or who has digestive problems....READ THIS BOOK!!! This is THE most comprehensive informative book I have ever read. So many things I didn't know I didn't know! It's a lot of information (and you might not agree with all of it), but SOO informative. I don't know what else to say!
Rebecca McDermott
It was pretty factual and had some good ideas. I like the start from scratch method when it comes to your diet, so that you can know what your body will tolerate but I do not really buy the Paleo diet. I think that there is nothing wrong with eating grains.
Kara
Kara is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Ariane
Ariane is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2014
Little Sparrow
Little Sparrow marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Cris
Cris marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Martha Smith
Martha Smith is currently reading it
Sep 03, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Daniela Pineda
Daniela Pineda marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Emily
Emily added it
Aug 25, 2014
Wendy Jones
Wendy Jones is currently reading it
Aug 22, 2014
Janet
Janet is currently reading it
Aug 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
6919067
Aglaée is a Canadian registered dietitian and has completed a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in Nutrition at Laval University (Québec City, Canada). She worked as a diabetes educator in Ottawa for over 3 years before realizing that the training she received wasn't allowing her to help people as much as she had hoped. She then decided to open her mind to other schools of thought and initiated an...more
More about Aglaée Jacob...
Digestive Health with Real Food: The Cookbook: 100+ Anti-Inflammatory, Nutrient-Dense Recipes for Optimal Health

“If it’s a plant, eat it. If it was made in a plant, don’t.” – Michael Pollan” 0 likes
“Elimination Phase” 0 likes