Start by marking “Ocracoke Between the Storms: A Story of Love and Healing on the Outer Banks” as Want to Read:
Ocracoke Between the Storms: A Story of Love and Healing on the Outer Banks

Ocracoke Between the Storms: A Story of Love and Healing on the Outer Banks

After losing his beloved wife, Luke Harrison plans to end his tormented life by walking into the surf at the southern end of Ocracoke Island. But retiree Hank Kilgo rescues Luke and brings him home to his wife Cora. Cora sees her own son in Luke and immediately starts to rekindle Luke's will to live. Over the next two years, Luke comes to know the permanent residents as ...more
Published April 1st 2013 by Edward P. Norvell

To ask other readers questions about Ocracoke Between the Storms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ocracoke Between the Storms

Steve
Jul 20, 2014 Steve rated it liked it
I read this novel while vacationing with my wife on beautiful, unfettered Ocracoke Island, and enjoyed the many local references and descriptions of daily life there. The author's passion for the hidden gem of the Outer Banks shines throughout the novel, and he perfectly captures the unique sense of community, pride and resilience of those who call Ocracoke home.
Donna
Jul 27, 2014 Donna rated it it was ok
A great view of the beautiful island of Ocracoke, NC where I recently had the pleasure of visiting. Norvell hits on the island's sense of community that my husband and I picked up on almost immediately in our stay there.
I thought the story was a bit contrived, though, and struggled a bit to keep going but I got what I was looking for with the book - a closer view into the island life of Ocracoke - and I thank Mr. Norvell for that.
Angie
Jul 25, 2016 Angie rated it liked it
3 stars but only because it describes my beautiful Ocracoke so well and I'm a sucker for a happy ending.
Janet Spicer
Jul 09, 2016 Janet Spicer rated it it was ok
Description of island was lovely and true. Emotions and character interaction was poor. Very hard to finish.
Karyn
Karyn rated it did not like it
May 16, 2014
Cindy Morgan
Cindy Morgan rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Barbara
Different...not my favorite. Story was weird.
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Robin Hammond
Robin Hammond marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Julie Nelson
Julie Nelson marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2015