Start by marking “Upside Down” as Want to Read:
Upside Down

Upside Down

In the rain-slick streets of New Orleans, a twelve-year-old girl is running out of time. Hours before, Faith Ann Porter hid under a desk while her attorney mother was murdered for photographs that could rock the city. Now Faith Ann is being hunted by a pair of killers with a very powerful boss. Because she has the negatives of the photos her mother died for, Faith Ann has ...more
Published June 28th 2005 by Dell (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Upside Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Upside Down

Bob
Aug 30, 2011 Bob rated it really liked it

My first Miller novel and I have just ordered 3 more for the kindle. A lawyer in New Orleans is working to free a death row inmate and is offered some evidence that would help her mission. While talking in her office with the woman with this evidence a man comes in and at gunpoint demands the pictures and ends up shooting both the woman and the lawyer. Unknown to the shooter the lawyers 11 year old daughter was in the office and has the photos and a tape recording of the confrontation. She escap
Marti
Feb 05, 2010 Marti rated it it was amazing
I knew before I even started this book, that it would be a wonderful experience reading it. This time the main character is Faith Ann Porter, who has just seen her mother killed. She can't go to the police because they are involved in the case, in a bad way. Her uncle and aunt Hank Trammel, a retired lawman are victims of a hit and run, in which Hank almost dies. Luckily for Faith Ann, she is friends with Winter Massey, a former US marshal who comes to her aid. Before that, she is very ingenious ...more
Kelly Gravedoni
Sep 20, 2011 Kelly Gravedoni rated it really liked it
Upside Down is a novel filled with suspense. This book captivated me from the first chapter until the very last. John Ramsey Miller creates such vivid characters that stand out even amongst the fast paced plot. The story itself is is quite amazing as it takes many twists and turns. Definitely a must read for those interested in suspense.
Melinda
Jul 04, 2012 Melinda rated it it was amazing
This was my first Miller book and boy was it intriging. I couldn't put this down and would stay up late to finish - had to see if good would conquer evil. The end has many twists and turns you just can't see coming.
Lsmckinlay
Sep 03, 2008 Lsmckinlay rated it it was ok
I have come to learn that I pick out horrible books. This one was very convaluded with way too many people being introduced and too many people doing "secret missions" I do not recommend it to anyone else to read.
Woman In Gold
Jul 11, 2015 Woman In Gold rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, couldn't put it down until I finished it.

I reread it many times.
Hildegart
Aug 01, 2012 Hildegart rated it really liked it
Of the books by Miller, this is the one I liked best.
Kitty
Jun 17, 2009 Kitty rated it really liked it
This was very intriging. Kept me up past my bedtime to see if good would triumph over evil! Just who are the bad guys? You don't know until the ending. I liked.
krin
May 25, 2012 krin rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
This was a very good thriller. I liked how Faith Ann figured out how to survive and how she and Winter worked together later. I look forward to reading the first book in the series, Inside Out.
Swanbender2001
Jul 07, 2011 Swanbender2001 rated it it was amazing
I dived right in and got my nose stuck in this story. The plot twists were fantastic and I couldn't have asked for any thing more from a read, except more books!
Kern2537
Great series
JoAnn Ainsworth
Aug 30, 2013 JoAnn Ainsworth rated it it was amazing
Fast paced, tense drama with twists and turns.
Craig Cottingham
Aug 03, 2008 Craig Cottingham rated it liked it
#30 for 2008.
Julie Brengard
Julie Brengard rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2011
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2010
Gery Ramirez
Gery Ramirez rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2012
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2010
Valarie
Valarie rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Gwen
Gwen rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2010
nestor feld
nestor feld rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2017
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
May 01, 2011
Laurel
Laurel rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2013
Jack
Jack rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2011
Jani
Jani rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2012
T.S. Farris
T.S. Farris rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2009
Bomac
Bomac rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Shelly Reed
Shelly Reed rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Bud Creedon
Bud Creedon rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Fear the Night (Night, #5)
  • Capitol Murder (Ben Kincaid, #14)
  • With You And Without You
  • Breach of Trust
  • Last Reveille
  • Silence (Jack Till, #1)
  • Dark Nantucket Noon (Homer Kelly, #2)
  • Never Look Back
  • The Package (Annie's Attic Mysteries #5)
  • The Best American Mystery Stories 1998
  • Fallen Idols
  • Next of Kin (Scott Finn #4)
  • Verdict Unsafe (Lloyd & Hill, #8)
  • Total Silence