Start by marking “The Earthbound Cook: 250 Recipes for Delicious Food and a Healthy Planet” as Want to Read:
The Earthbound Cook: 250 Recipes for Delicious Food and a Healthy Planet

The Earthbound Cook: 250 Recipes for Delicious Food and a Healthy Planet

A cookbook with a conscience, from an author who knows the world of responsible eating as well as anyone. Is cage-free the same as free-range? Is grass-fed worth the price? What's better: farmed salmon or wild? Organic salad that's been shipped across the country, or local salad grown with pesticides? To nuke leftovers in the microwave or crank up the oven? Myra Goodman--c ...more
Published February 1st 2012 by Workman Publishing (first published August 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Earthbound Cook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earthbound Cook

Rachel
Mar 15, 2017 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I wanted to love this cookbook, so I kept making more recipes from it. There are two worth making again: farmstand banana bread and the cabbage rolls. The rest were not great, even bad at times. It seemed like more time was spent on designing a pretty book with "green" ideas than testing recipes.
Tina Peterson
Feb 12, 2011 Tina Peterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: newly weds, organic cooking, gardeners, families
The Earthbound Cook is a wonderful book that I received just before Christmas and then promptly left at my sisters (3 hours away from home). I just received the book back today. My sister pulled it out while she had it and loved the recipes she tried.

The Earthbound Cook contains 250 recipes and is all about cooking healthfully, mindfully, and deliciously. You'll find great sections such as: how to protect yourself (and your family) from unhealthy pesticide residues, cooking primers, sidebars an
Skeetor
Mar 20, 2014 Skeetor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A "go-to" book for me, I have made over a dozen of the recipes and have enjoyed them all! (My husband and father also) I liked this book so much that I also got a copy of "Food to Live By". So far I have enjoyed the recipes I have tried out of that book as well. Even though I am a meat-eater I purchased "Straight from the Earth" that was just published and am excited to try some recipes from it.
Donald
May 21, 2012 Donald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicely presented and well written, with lots of healthy, organic-based recipes. I actually found a number of recipes that I would actually like to cook! I love the mine of information about the environment.
Deb
Dec 29, 2013 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some pretty good looking recipes...and some not-for-me ones too. I have made one thing so far and it's tasty. Great book with comprehensive information for those just getting familiar with organic eating and living in tune with green principles.
pea
May 25, 2011 pea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, nonfiction
a lot of the recipes didn't seem very appealing to me; with the recipes that did appeal to me, the ingredient list turned me off completely.
Michele
Jun 08, 2011 Michele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My new favorite cookbook. If you own only a single cookbook - choose this one.
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2011
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Jane
Jane rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2011
Melodie
Melodie rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Selevalley
Selevalley rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Bookstax
Bookstax rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2011
gene lopez
gene lopez rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Laura J
Laura J rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
Darla
Darla rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2011
Marilyn Bunker
Marilyn Bunker rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2012
Kristi
Kristi rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
Margaret V Gee
Margaret V Gee rated it it was ok
Apr 01, 2014
Laina
Laina rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Steffi
Steffi rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2013
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Dora
Dora rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2014
Mb
Mb rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2011
Laura rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012