Start by marking “After Tex” as Want to Read:
After Tex

After Tex (Whispering Wind #1)

Returning to Whispering Wind, Wyoming, to attend her grandfather's funeral, Megan O'Rourke, an ambitious entertainment executive from New York City, is stunned to discover that she has inherited her grandfather's beloved ranch, along with his eight-year-old daughter, a child she had never known existed, and her former lover, Jake Sanders.
Published September 1st 1999 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about After Tex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Tex

Brenda
Jul 03, 2013 Brenda rated it really liked it
The story of Megan and Jake - parted fromm the ranch Megan goes to NY City to become a Martha Stewart type of mogul. Her young love of Jake broken by her grandfather. She believes he stole her grandfathers cattle. Her grandfather never told her that didn't really happen that he sent Jake to law school to make up for spllitting the teens up to allow Megan to make something of her life. Her Grandfather dies and leaves the ranch and an eight year old girl Tess whom he had taken in, but of course he ...more
Joy
Amazingly awesome story. The hero and heroine are relatable and the reader cheers to see them reach their happily-ever-after. Love Meggie. A great role model for women. Eventually she learns what's most important in life. Money and fame last just a fraction of time but family and friends last a lifetime.
Cataluna6
This was fun to listen to, especially after the schmozzle of the last audio I listened to. Megan is fun and sassy, I love when the H/H have that snarky, 'you drive me crazy, but I want to kiss you anyway' relationship. I also think it's great that Megan didn't need Jake to fix her problems. There's nothing worse when the hero comes along and fixes everything so the heroine can just sit down and not worry her pretty little head. I get so frustrated when this happens, especially when the heroine h ...more
Jan Mcleod
Sep 16, 2016 Jan Mcleod rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the story, but felt like there were gaps and loose ends, and it did not end well
The eight year old girl was out of character. I kept looking back to check her age because she sounded like a rebellious older teenager. And Megan was way to wish-washy dealing with her so the eight year old was constantly manipulating her .
There were too many conflicts left hanging and attitudes changed too quickly to be believable.
Not Ms. Woods best work
Leona
Jul 11, 2015 Leona rated it really liked it
Book Review of After Tex by Sherryl Woods

From goodreads.com:

Leona's Review:

This was a book that had quite a few characters and some twists and turns in peoples
Adriana
After Tex by Sherrly Woods

I enjoyed this book. It was a easy and delightful to read.

The description of the book I am listing below is from the back jacket of the book. I'm adding it because I believe the one on the Goodreads page does not depict this story.

ALIVE, TEX O'ROURKE WAS A SNEAKY OLD COOT. NOW THAT HE'S DEAD, HE'S EVEN WORSE.

Megan O'Rourke's beloved grandfather had always been determined to lure her out of New York and back to the ranch in Whispering Wind, Wyoming, where he had raised
Julie Barrett
May 09, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it liked it
After Tex by Sherryl Woods
She is a media genius-runs TV shows, puts together magazines. She had grown up, Tex O'Rourke was her dad. She had left WY.
Her larger than life grandfather Tex had passed away and she had to go back to WY. She had escaped to NY and in her mind she wonders if she was there to maybe find her mother who had left.
Jake Landers has been taking care of her fathers affairs and he is there to pick up the pieces and he is a lawyer. He had recently returned to town also.
Tex was lik
Kari
Jul 10, 2013 Kari rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2013
After Tex is a throwback by Sherryl Woods that was recently reissued by Harlequin this year. While it was a bit longer than it needed to be, I did enjoy the book. The story was your typical one about a successful woman who find herself after she returns home to face her demons. While I enjoyed the story line, it was the characters that made the book for me. After Tex is filled with great characters that give life to the town of Whispering Wind. I loved Jake the most. He is just such a great guy ...more
Barb
Mar 02, 2015 Barb rated it it was amazing
Megan O'Rourke's beloved grandfather had always been determined to lure her out of New York and back to their ranch in Whispering Wind, Wyoming. Now his will makes it impossible for her to refuse. She's named guardian of Tex's daughter--a daughter Megan never knew about!
Jake Landers has also come home to Whispering Wind. After leaving years before under a cloud of suspicion, he's returned to put down roots. When he comes face-to-face with the woman who shares his troubled past, he hardly recogni
Lisa
Sep 07, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
This is the first Sherryl Woods book that I've read, and I quite enjoyed it. I look forward to picking up another one.
Jul 07, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
Megan is a girl from Wyoming who has made it big in NYC. But when her semi-estranged grandfather passes away she rushes home. When she arrives she has to deal with Tex's 8 year old daughter that he has made her the guardian of as well as her old flame Jake, who seems to be there whenever she turns around. She tries to juggle her strenuous career with her suddenly chaotic personal life and things seem to go down hill at an alarming rate.

Honestly, this was ok...I get that Jake and Megan had a "his
patricia  shepherd
Engaging and entertaining

This is a great story. I liked the plot and the storyline never dragged. I didn't read it straight through in a couple of days. But it held my interest throughout, from beginning to end. If Me. Woods writes a follow-up to this I will definitely buy it. Thanks Ms. Woods for sharing your God given talent.
Elena
Mar 07, 2013 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sherryl Woods' characters are real, human and the situations some of them face are pretty close to what we regular folk encounter in our every day lives so much so that for the first time Ms. Woods made me exclaimed "Oh no! How sad!" because of what happened to one of the secondary characters. Well done Sherryl!
Darcy
I thought this one was sweet. I liked the connection that Meghan and Jake had and how from the start they both were working together dealing with Tess, Meghan's work, and Jake's new cases. I found myself really liking the town and it's people, some of whom broke my heart.
Amy Sabatka
Sep 10, 2016 Amy Sabatka rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This had the makings of a good story, but the author rushed it at several points in the story. It also felt the end hurried up, leaving a part of the storyline unsatisfactory. However, it was an easy read and a book that could be read without much concentration.
Beth Pearson
Beautiful, powerful media star comes home to tiny Wyoming town after her beloved grandfather died. Who's the lawyer of her grandfather's estate--her old boyfriend whom she ran out on, of course! That part is predictable but the extra characters gave this story life & interest.
Alyssa Edmonds
Oct 13, 2014 Alyssa Edmonds rated it really liked it
This book sure took a few different shocking turns. The ending was HORRIBLE. A cliff hanger like that is ridiculous! Now I have to find book 2 but I am sure it will not satisfy the very long plots and the cut-off in a split second ending. Dang!!
Mum
Feb 22, 2013 Mum rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, beach-read
Cute story, however unbelievable. Having read so many poorly written novels, lately, some of the joy was from excellent editing. Pet Peeve: a ranch does not run itself, especially out west. It would have been better if there were fewer side stories.
Linda
Mar 28, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
This was a truly wonderful book. I enjoyed the different personalities fighting together and coming out as a family.
Carole
Mar 14, 2013 Carole rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
This was great as usual. Sheryl Woods knows how to add just enough humor, drama and story line to make her characters believable and come to life for the reader.
Monica Scott
Nov 01, 2015 Monica Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice story, easy read.

I'm new to Sheryl Woods' books. I love reading a series so this is perfect for me.

Reminds me of Deborah McComber.
Julie Alvarez
Nov 05, 2013 Julie Alvarez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though this book was a reprint I immensely enjoyed it. I loved the way the 2 main charcters reconnected after several years. Great book.
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2012
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2014
Cory
Cory rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2011
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Rahul Kumar
Rahul Kumar rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2013
Shelley Vanbrunt
Oct 29, 2015 Shelley Vanbrunt rated it really liked it
This was a great book. I like that the characters are flawed and real flaws and all.
  • If I Can't Have You
  • Fifty Ways to Say I'm Pregnant (Bravo Family, #13; Bravo Family Ties Miniseries, #1)
  • The Greek Billionaire's Love Child
  • Girl Behind the Scandalous Reputation
  • Big Sky River (Parable, Montana, #3)
  • House of Mirrors
  • Baby of Shame
  • The Valentine Child (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #1795)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • A Heartless Marriage
  • Montana
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Sea Glass Winter (Shelter Bay #5)
  • Not Forgiven, Never Forgotten
  • Blue Moon
  • Jack's Baby
  • Bought for Marriage
  • Blue Skies
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

Whispering Wind (2 books)
  • Angel Mine