Start by marking “Emancipating Andie” as Want to Read:
Emancipating Andie

Emancipating Andie

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  3,115 ratings  ·  424 reviews
Ever since the one time Andie Weber threw caution to the wind - and paid the price for it - she’s learned that it’s safer and smarter to live life playing by the rules. Now she’s got a great apartment, a steady job, and a wonderful boyfriend in Colin; he’s sweet, stable, and essentially perfect – except maybe for the fact that his best friend is Chase.

Chase McGuire lives h
Published April 5th 2013 by Createspace (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Emancipating Andie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emancipating Andie

Easy by Tammara WebberBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireWallbanger by Alice ClaytonOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungHopeless by Colleen Hoover
True Stand Alones Worth Reading
97th out of 612 books — 800 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireHopeless by Colleen HooverSlammed by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. RedmerskiEasy by Tammara Webber
Damn Good Romance Reads
31st out of 153 books — 135 voters

More lists with this book...

Aestas Book Blog

A slow-building, sweet, beautiful love story with a deeper message set against the backdrop of a road trip.

Given how much I absolutely adored Back to You, I knew that Priscilla Glenn was capable of strong, fluid writing that would draw me into the story. And by the end of the first page I was just smiling to myself because I could already feel this was another winner.

The flow of this one was very different than a lot of books I’d been reading recently. It was slow building, but totally drew me
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
What a wonderful story!!

description

“All I'm saying is,sometimes things happen and we don't see them clearly,either because we're not at the right point in our life,or we're too closely ivolved to understand.But just because we can't see the reason behind things doesn't mean there isn't one.”

Andie Weber has always played by the rules. The one time she decided to throw those rules out the window and do something spontaneous,she paid the price heavily...
Now, Andie has learned to live cautiously. Her job is s
Elizabeth (Liz)

Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

GENRE: Adult Contemporary Romance

HEAT LEVEL: Low to Medium, but with wonderful chemistry and emotional intimacy

ANGST LEVEL: No crazy dramas here! The angst is just enough. It's bearable, nothing OTT

5 Stars

Seriously. Where do I even start? Hmmm. Andie would tell me to be logical and start at the beginning. Chase? Well, Chase would likely react to Andie's logic with something very similar to one of my favorite quotes from the story, "You know something, Andi
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
If you had a chance to love with your head or love with your heart, which would you choose? That's the decision that Andie is faced with. Her whole life with one exception, has been about order...thinking calmly, keeping everything in its place. And one meeting and one road trip blasts that to smithereens...and his name is Chase.

description

Chase is like nothing Andie ever thought she would want. He says what he wants and does what he wants but as she gets to know him...the real him, she sees into his soul
Mo

I really liked this book. Good solid story where you can really feel you are there with the characters in all that they go through. Have read her other book which was also very good and look forward to reading more from this talented author.

"Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

The words of ….

All night long he'd been holding on to the notion that at some point in every guy's life, he's been guilty of looking at a friend's g
Christy
4.5 Stars
A sweet and beautiful story about living life to the fullest, and never settling for less than what you want. And most importantly- to always follow your heart.

photo bc571151-9575-4987-a511-1319307d0f26_zps27cf8210.jpg
After one mistake, Andie has spent her life living cautiously. She has always followed her mother’s advice.
Love with your head and you’ll be safe. You love with anything else, you’ll find yourself in big trouble.

Andie is a control freak, she always follows the rules. She dreams of being a writer, but she is just working at her
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary Romance

photo ec0bb996-88ba-49b1-81dc-c658d1a08d72_zpsb8b6fe0f.jpg

“You’ve got some serious control issues,” Chase said, the words out of his mouth before he could think better of them. “Excuse me?” Andie said. “You don’t even know me. So don’t—” “You’re right, I don’t know you,” he said, cutting her off, his own voice rising in spite of himself. “All I know about you is what you’re showing me. And right now, with the way you’re acting? With your rigid dr
Tough Critic Book Reviews
If my hands could be someone else’s hands, I think I’d want those hands to be Priscilla Glenn’s. She writes in a way that flows so effortlessly it’s almost like she’s breathing the words. She inhales, then exhales a book.

I’m going to play the honesty card right now and admit that after reading Emancipating Andie, I was a little indifferent. My head was still wrapped all over Back to You...all over. I was expecting it and I got that. My expectations were clouding my judgment. Shame on me! Do we
Jennifer Kyle
”You should always do what your heart tells you.”

description

Emancipating Andie takes a reader on a well written, sweet, funny and enjoyable journey.

Andie Weber has been following her mother’s advice when it comes to life and relationships since a terrifying incident happened in her teens. Keeping herself safe, her life in order has kept her comfortable until the day she meets…Chase McGuire.

”Love with your head, and you’ll be safe.”

Andie works as a restaurant manager for her family’s business, but longs t
Paula

Ever since I read Priscilla Glenn’s story Back to You, I’ve been craving to read more from this author. I’m beyond intrigued with her writing style. I was never worried that her next book wouldn’t live up the greatness that is Back to You. I had faith in Miz Glenn. Not only did Emancipating Andie live up to my expectations, but it had me loving every single laugh, smile, and heart-clenching moment. I loved this book made of awesome sauce covered in sprinkles.

We judge people by our own standar
AJ
I absolutely fell in love with Priscilla Glenn’s debut novel, Back to You, last year, and have been waiting oh-so-impatiently for this book to be released, and I was not disappointed. Chock-full of epic quotes - which I could not help but share ;) - I loved it!

It’s the story of Andie – analytical and uptight, she lives a very ordered and “safe” life. This is thrown into turmoil when her “safe” boyfriend of a year and a half organises for her to drive with his friend, Chase from New York to Flori
Angie's Dreamy Reads
This Review was Posted at Angie's Dreamy Reads!

5 STARS

This was my first Priscilla Glenn book and I have to say I loved it. Between the characters, writing and plot, I felt captivated. I started and finished the book in less than six hours. From the first word to the last, I was engaged and in love with Chase and Andie. The way their relationship developed was slow and gradual keeping you turning the pages eagerly. This is a slow building romance. It wasn't love or even lust at first sight. There
*Jessica
Ok....I feel bad. Everyone else seems to love this book...even so much as comparing it to "Back to You"....and I can't help but think that this book was just mediocre, while "Back to You" was one of my favorite books.

This book kinda let me down. I was SO excited to start it because come on...A woman falling in love with her boyfriend's friend? There is usually a lot of angst and intensity in books like this, so I prepared myself to enjoy a roller-coaster of emotions. But it never came. I never
Kirsty
FINALLY. Finally I am out of my book funk. This was just what I needed. Thank YOU Priscilla Glenn.

Emancipating Andie worried me when I first read the blurb.. I didn't want another typical love triangle book, where the heroine can't decide who she wants to be with so has both. Nuhuh. I had no need to worry, this was not that. This is ultimately Andie's story of finding her true self and going with it. Yes, she has a boyfriend in the beginning, Colin, but he is not where her life should be, and th
Erica
Priscilla Glenn, are you inside my head? I can’t believe how much I could relate to this book!

This book had all of the elements that I love in a good book. My favorite type of books to read are the self-discovery and slow character building romances. Not to mention a good road trip! I love a good road trip! I am ecstatic to be able to say that Emancipating Andie is now on that favorite list right beside The Edge of Never, The Sea of Tranquility, and Hopeless. I didn’t expect it to blow me away l
Jill
***I received this book as part of a blog tour for my honest review***

Andie is safe. She is working a safe job, she has a safe relationship with a man who has his head on his shoulders. She is totally uncomfortable with breaking the rules, doing anything spontaneous. She feels choosing her brain over her heart's desire is the smart thing to do.

Chase is so far from safe it isn't funny. He is a risk taker, he does what he pleases, he lives life for himself and no one else. Opposites attract is the
Julie
**This is not a love triangle in the traditional sense!! Make no mistake, this is Andie and Chase's story, 100%. (See more below).

ARC from author for an honest review.

Glenn's second novel, EMANCIPATING ANDIE, rocked my socks off. There are a very small number of authors I'll drop everything to read their book. Priscilla Glenn is 100% one of those authors. I love her, I love her, I love her. This was one of the books I stayed awake all night to finish AND got out of bed to immediately write the r
Smitten's Book Blog

What a lovely book. A pure, uninterrupted love story! Just what I needed right now.

5 STARS FOR ANDIE & CHASE!

Andie Weber always plays it safe nowadays. She has a safe, but handsome, sweet boyfriend, called Colin. She has a cute, immaculate, safe appartment. She has a steady, secure job as manager of her parents restuarant. And she avoids stepping outside of her comfort zone at all costs. Because the last time she did that, it didn't work out so well for her.
So when she meets Colin's flighty,
Renee
****4.5 Sweet Stars ****

I adored this book. Emancipating Andie is a story about self discovery, friendship, loss and love. I’m not a massive fan of love triangles but this one wasn’t overly angsty.

Jennifer☠Pher☠
Wow, wow, WOW! This is one of the books that really deserves more then 5★'s. I just spent my entire day reading, I didn't leave the house or do anything I was supposed to because I could not stop reading. This was real life in its finest. I know, I know, I don't like real life stories but this one wasn't a painful story, this was just a truly real love story. Strangers meeting, connecting, dealing with real life, finding each other, taking chances, all those good things about real life. I was ne ...more
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
3.5 stars, it was a nice easy read. Andie who is a control freak ends up going on a road trip with Chase, her boyfriends friend who is carefree and fun. She then starts to question her life goals and can't stop thinking about him.

Told from a dual POV, it was very predictable but good nonetheless.
Arlene
May 21, 2013 Arlene rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Arlene by: Blog Tour
Shelves: adult, read-2013, romance
I’ve been looking forward to reading Emancipating Andie by Priscilla Glenn since I first heard it was going to be released. I loved Glenn’s debut novel Back to You because her writing and characters seem to really resonate with my style. Jumping into Emancipating Andie quickly reminded me how easily I’m hypnotized by this author’s story telling. Shear bliss!

Andie Webber is both smart and extremely cautious. She knows the possible ramifications of letting her guard down and flying by the seat of
Michelle
description

Andie Weber has always played by the rules. The one time she decided to throw those rules out the window and do something spontaneous, she paid the price heavily.

Now, Andie has learned to live cautiously. Her job is stable. Her boyfriend, Colin, is safe. She follows the advice her mother has drilled into her head:

Love with your head, and you'll be safe. Love with anything else and you're in big trouble.

Everything about her life is secure.

Until she meets Chase McGuire.

Andie –

Chase –

When A
Jacqueline's Reads
May 23, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads marked it as top-tbr
Just wanted to let everyone know for two days on 05/23/2013 and 05/24/2013, this is $.99 on Amazon!

**Like my FB page to keep up with my notifications

I like Priscilla Glenn and I enjoyed Back to You so I am surprised Emancipating Andie is currently available in paperback only.

I haven't done research so I don't know if this will come out in eBook format, but I hope so because I usually buy paperback after I've read it on my eReader. Suffice it to say, I on
The Little Black Book Blog
This review was posted to The Little Black Book Blog: http://littleblackbookbloggers.blogsp...

Seriously, this is the PERFECT "beach book". It is a cute and sweet story. It is one of those books that you pick up and can't put back down. There isn't a lot of "rip your heart out" drama. This book has depth to it. It is about never settling for less than you deserve. And sometimes, breaking out of your "safe" zone is the greatest adventure you can ever take.

Andi is a straight-laced kind of girl. She
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
4.5 Beautiful Stars!!!

For poor Andie she was so scared to be free that she created a cocoon around her heart and soul. However, this cocoon was made from one bad choice and choices and beliefs from others.

"Na agapas me to kefali sou, kai that eisai asfalis. Love with your head, and you're be safe."

It wasn't until she is forced to spend time with Chase that she starts to see things in a different light.

"Because we judge people by our own standards of happiness."

"It's still not your fault. But n
Scarlett
THIS. BOOK.

CT
4.5 star
What a little gem this one turn out to be. Love Chase and Andie and their playful banter. Though it wasn't all laughter as they are stuck in a love triangle which I felt was dealt with exact how I liked.

Didn't think I could love another Chase since TC but now I do. LOVE Chase!!! Love the writing style!!! I wish I could give it a 5 stars but it was missing an epilogue. But otherwise LOVED IT!!!

Andie to Chase: "why do you look so nervous?...This isn't your first time, is it?" Haha
Letícia Kartalian
Ok, eu não sei o que acontece comigo e essa autora.
Eu gostei dos dois livros que li dela, a premissa é boa, o desenvolvimento e a escrita também, mas eu sempre tenho esse sentimento de que falta alguma coisa...
GeNette
The best part of this book was Chase... I see that everyone in loving this book but I though it was kind of boring, I had to make my self finish this book.
Should there be another book? 5 52 Feb 07, 2014 12:04PM
Release date 8 50 Apr 27, 2013 09:19AM
  • Take Care, Sara
  • In the Stillness
  • Love Love
  • Finding West (True North, #1)
  • Christening (Nameless, #1.5)
  • Four Summers
  • Everything Changes
  • The Final Piece
  • Man of My Dreams (Dreams, #1)
  • Darkness Series Epilogue
  • Kiss This (The McCallans, #1)
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Fall from Love
  • Going Under
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
  • Watch over Me
  • Sweet Thing (Sweet Thing, #1)
  • No Attachments (Woodfalls Girls, #1)
Priscilla Glenn lives in New York with her husband and three children. She has been teaching English Language Arts for the past twelve years while moonlighting as a writer, mom, coach, student, and professional laundry-doer.
If you catch her when she's feeling sophisticated, she'll tell you her favorite things are great books and good wine. In the moments in between, she'll admit her love for anyt
More about Priscilla Glenn...
Back to You Coming Home Kiss Kiss

“We judge people by our own standards of happiness … What makes you happy might not make that woman over there happy. But human beings have a terrible habit of thinking they know what’s best for each other. ” 42 likes
“I didn’t want to be the kind of guy who had no regrets. Honestly, I wouldn’t trust someone who had no regrets. It means that they’ve never learned from their mistakes, or they’re too arrogant to realise they’ve made them in the first place … I think having regrets makes us better people … So…instead of having no regrets, we should know our regrets … Wear them like a bade of lessons learned … If we can’t recognise when we’ve messed up, then how will we know when we’ve gotten it right?” 37 likes