Start by marking “Water's Blood (The Elemental Clans #1)” as Want to Read:
Water's Blood (The Elemental Clans #1)

Read Book

Water's Blood (Elemental Clans #1)

Nature’s Elementals—Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water—have lived for countless millennia. Disguised as humans, they are charged with one mission: protect the innocent from fallen angel clans, who reap human souls and force them to do their bidding.

Brooke, a Water Elemental stationed in New Orleans, broke the rules once—she mated with a human. For her indiscretion, she is forbi
Published January 28th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Water's Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water's Blood

The Host by Stephenie MeyerFirelight by Sophie JordanDeadly Cool by Gemma HallidayShatter Me by Tahereh MafiNightshade by Andrea Cremer
best "eye" on the cover
129th out of 720 books — 1,805 voters
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Selection by Kiera CassIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsAcross the Universe by Beth RevisThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Oh My Gosh! Beautiful Covers
199th out of 1,339 books — 1,223 voters

More lists with this book...

Hollie
~1.5 stars~

I'm going to round this review up to a 2 star since it was offered as a freebie. My main problem with this book was that it was unnecessarily long. There was an abundance of detail to things that really had no relevance, whereas, issues of importance were lacking. It would have been nice to have some backstory on the hero and heroine. We are just thrown into the beginning of the story with this couple who had a child about to turn 16. The dad raised her and the mother had to stay away
Cheryl Duval
Aug 11, 2014 Cheryl Duval rated it liked it
Shelves: read-for-review
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the “Lovers of Paranormal” Group on Goodreads.com

This an enjoyable story that I think young adults will like. The story itself didn't offer anything new in the fantasy/paranormal genre. The characters were likeable enough but I didn't feel a connection with any of them. Ella's character showed absolutely no common sense which made the story less believable. I also think Alex should have been there for his daughter and not worrying about
Monsterella Reviews
Mar 03, 2015 Monsterella Reviews rated it it was amazing
Rarely do I have a tear in my eye at the end of a book, however this is one that made it happen. It's a story about family, love, struggle, and sacrifice as well as repentance and domination. This author brought in the flavor and flair of NO very well in the locations and cuisine as well as the heart of the characters.

A daughter struggles to find answers to who her mother is. A father struggles to raise a daughter on his own, who is now a teenager and this is causing a new kind of problems. A mo
Deborah
Jul 19, 2014 Deborah rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Fantastic setting, the author clearly knows New Orleans well and evokes the atmosphere and flavour of the culture (and cuisine!) really well.
Brooke, a water elemental, has disobeyed the rules and fallen in love with a human - a NOPD cop, Alex - and produced a child. At the age of sixteen, that child, Ella, can make a choice: Elemental or human.
The Elementals are locked in a never-ending war with the Fallen Angels, and the clan chief in NO, Soren, has designs on Ella's soul.
The characters are we
Heather Busby
Aug 13, 2014 Heather Busby rated it it was amazing
Amanda Munes
Dec 31, 2013 Amanda Munes rated it really liked it
**** ARC received in exchange for review with group lop ****

This is the first book in the series and let me tell you it is definitely worth reading. I love books about heaven and hell, angels and demons. And honestly i did not know that what this book was about until i started reading it. Maybe i should have read the summary of the book but i thought 'hey lets try it good or bad' that's the beauty of reading ARCs you never know what books you'll come across rather than reading whats 'hot'.

So th
Kevin
Oct 07, 2013 Kevin rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I dont know how I stumbled across this book; surely though it was a good thing with no question of doubt.
This is the first novel in a series of books from a young author, dealing with Nature Elementals and a group of Fallen Angels based around New Orleans; famous for Anne Rices 'Interview with a Vampire', the city really is brought to life through this captivating story, and what I found the most enticing aspect of Elaine Calloways tale is her description of this old and mysterious City (not to
Sherry
Oct 27, 2013 Sherry rated it really liked it
I want to preface this review with I knew this author on Twitter before she published this series, and as a result of "following" her for some time, I was interested in her series The Elementals. I like supernatural/fantasy/gothic tales. Also, the fabulously large and striking cover drew my interest.

The book was designed as an ebook but as I prefered a print version, I asked for a signed print copy which I purchased directly from the author. The volume is very thick but it isn't formatted as a p
Wendy C
Oct 20, 2013 Wendy C rated it really liked it
Water's Blood (The Elemental Clans #1) by Elaine Calloway

Water's Blood (The Elemental Clans #1) by Elaine Calloway tells about Brooke, who is a water elemental and Alex, a human who end up having a child named Ella. They live in New Orleans where Brooke is the owner and bartender of a neighborhood bar, and Alex is a cop for the New Orleans Police Department. It is Brooke’s job as an elemental to protect humans from the Fallen Angels of Minare. It is against the elementals laws to have a relatio
Wendy
Aug 19, 2014 Wendy rated it really liked it
Water's Blood takes you through the streets of New Orleans, giving you the feel and vibe of a one of a kind city even if you've never been yourself. Author Elaine Calloway clearly knows her way around.
She also knows her way around keeping people real. Yes, her Elementals are super-natural beings but they're a lot like the rest of us. When's the last time any of us read a paranormal where the hero/es weren't something so far ahead of humanity that we couldn't relate if we had to. I found it imme
Taylor Knight
Mar 04, 2013 Taylor Knight rated it really liked it
This is a surprisingly great book.
It's different, interesting, and just a cool book.
It may be over 500 pages but I hardly noticed. I flew through this book a weekend.
And the great is, Calloway created characters that brought out emotions in me.
They were more then just blah characters.
While I disliked Ella and sometimes even Brooke, Calloway also created a few characters that I liked and even rooted for though out the book.
The whole book takes place in a month but it wasn't slow. It was fast
L. M. Warren
Jan 10, 2016 L. M. Warren rated it liked it
I had a hard time with this one. Its a 2.5 for me. I really think the idea is great elementals that try to keep fallen angels in line. The book is about one elemental who broke the rules and an fallen angel that wants revenge set in New Orleans. What I didn't like was being thrown into a story line with no background information. It was hard to connect with the main character through out the entire book. I did like the side characters they were what kept the book going. The author also had two ...more
Maria Dodd
Dec 08, 2013 Maria Dodd rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
I was given this book to read along with its sequel, Raging Fire, in exchange for an honest review, Lovers of Paranormal.

I enjoyed this book. Elementals were new to me and I only wish they gave a bit more details of their skills. I have found that Fallen Angels differ depending on authors and there was a mixture of Angel personalities within this book.

One of my favourite characters was Cristos - a 'bad' Fallen Angel with principals. I hope to hear more of him in the next book. My least favourite
Donna Simon
***I receive this book in exchange for an honest review from the Lovers of Paranormal Group on Goodreads.com***

The plot is not something most readers haven't read about but the characters itself is something new for me. It is a good book, but I felt the climax-towards the ending of the story was a little bit fast and too easy. There are moments I get so frustrated at Ella I just want to grab her and tell her the truth. A favorite character of mine is Cristos, he makes the story intriguing like
Anet P
Oct 04, 2013 Anet P rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect from a paranormal book, and I don't typically read in this genre. However, after the first ten pages, I was hooked and couldn't put the book down.

The Elementals were more like real people; it was easy to relate to them and their struggles. Same with the bad guys - the Fallen Angels. Instead of pure evil with no other traits, they had feelings and opinions too. I liked the way the book dealt with these issues, and good vs. evil.

I never read a book in two days' time,
Leslie Sanchez
Mar 04, 2015 Leslie Sanchez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elemental magic vs Fallen angels

This is a story about magical forces saving humanity from fallen angels collecting souls. The beginning was a bit slow for me. Background on the elementals was a bit repetitious but, after that it was very good. When we get past the background it really is full of action, intrigue and twists. Just when you think you can figure out what's gonna happen, you are surprised with another twist.

⇝LEAH⇜
May 30, 2014 ⇝LEAH⇜ rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2014, paranormal
I never given a one star rating before...

...So I am at a loss as to what I should say. I tried to give this book a chance, because I really love the cover. The funny part is the main character, doesn't even have blue eyes. I actually read the whole book too and it's long...like over 500 pages long.

Everything about this book is outlandish and hard to swallow. I had a lot of moments where I was like...

What?

Really?
C.J. Matthew
Jan 29, 2014 C.J. Matthew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elemental-clan
This is a terrific debut novel. Set in New Orleans and peopled with drop-dead (literally) handsome Fallen Angels battling Brooke the Water Element for souls. Brooke can't hope to save the souls of seven-deadly sinners, but she can rescue the innocent. When the Fallen go after her own daughter, she and her forbidden lover, Alex, will stop at nothing to save her. Highly recommended.
Lorraine Carey
Jan 31, 2016 Lorraine Carey rated it it was amazing
Elaine Calloway writes of fallen angels and elementals with characters who you even love to hate.
I love how she creates three dimensional characters. I loved Phoenix, one of the cocky elementals in the story. A great plot too! I was glad to see there are more novels in this series. I am now a huge fan of Calloway! Loved the steamy setting of New Orlean's French Quarter.
Patricia Burleson
Good

This is a very good book. Fallen Angels, Elementals, magic, mystery , action and love in the end love of family. It has a great story line and the characters are strong. So grab it and enjoy reading.
Jacquelyn Smith
Mar 30, 2013 Jacquelyn Smith rated it really liked it
I love anything that take place in New Orleans, that the first thing I like about this book.
Second, the bad guy's choices and motivates are very clear.
I did have one down fall I just can't do the whole snake thing.
Overall, this was a very good read.
R. Harvey
May 29, 2016 R. Harvey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Water's blood.

Good book! Like the characters. The story line was superbly written. Fleshing out of characters was great. Can't wait to read next book in series!
Cindy gerdes
Jan 19, 2015 Cindy gerdes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Refreshing

A different way of understanding good verses evil. An interesting book to read. Great characters and story flows very smoothly.
Carmen
Aug 09, 2016 Carmen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book.
a_tiffyfit
Read for a book tour. Review to come.
Sam M
Oct 21, 2016 Sam M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Good Read

I enjoyed the paranormal plot that had included a kid and having to be told to wait.. and making choices. Like most of us parents, I really wanted to tell the young-in to open her eyes, what she was experiencing with this boy was too good to be real. The action was decent. The descriptive writing was able to draw you into the story line.
Holly
I won this book in a blog giveaway. Thank you to the author for giving me a copy of the book and giving me the chance to read it!

I was really excited to start this book after I won it. The synopsis sounded great and, I'll be honest, I totally fell in love with the gorgeous cover! Well, the book started off great for me, completely hooking my interest with a really good opening scene. However, by the time I reached about 40%, I was, frankly, ready for it to be over. I hate giving any book such a
Patrícia
May 07, 2013 Patrícia rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
This book has one of the most beautiful, electric and appealing covers I’ve ever seen—that’s for sure! And that was one of the reasons, probably the main reason actually, why I decided to go ahead and read it—in the end, was it a wise, great, flawless choice? No, possibly not, but there were elements in this story that somehow stood out and that, for now, is, was, enough for me.

Being a first book in a series, a lot of things had necessarily to be explained, and that took time. It is true that th
M.E. Walker
Oct 28, 2014 M.E. Walker rated it it was ok
I hate to give poor reviews, particularly knowing how difficult it is to write a novel in the first place, so I will say this opinion is solely mine and-as evident from the previous reviews-not even the majority.

The story itself is very interesting. The idea of "Nature" fighting what is unnatural is a clever premise, but there is so much about the novel that...well, irks me.

The first time we see Brooke "use" her abilities, she becomes weakened though there is no explanation as to why when the w
Judy  at Musings and Ramblings
This is the first book in the Elemental Clan Series and focuses on the water elemental Brooke. Brooke has the job of watching over humans and keeping the city of New Orleans from falling into the hands of the Fallen Angels or Minare. That is her job as an Elemental. There are rules that both the Elementals and Minare are supposed to follow to keep humans relatively unaware of the war being waged all around them for their very souls.

But Brooke has a hard time concentrating on her job because she
Reader's Paradise: Tammie & Tadalisika & Jason read "Water's Blood" 9 12 Jun 14, 2016 06:50AM
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • A Tale of Two Djinns
  • The Bullet List (The Saving Bailey Trilogy, #1)
  • Falling into Place (Others of Edenton, #3)
  • The Garden of Eden (The Eden Chronicles #1)
  • Darkest Hour
  • Sleepless (Bird of Stone, #1)
  • Blazing Nights (Night Games #1)
  • Glimmer (Nina Decker #1)
  • Eternal (Eternal, #1)
  • Maybe Fate
  • Cemetery Tours (Cemetery Tours, #1)
  • Drayton, the Taker (Drayton, #1)
  • The Blood King (Dardanos, Colorado #1)
  • The Magic Manuscript: Voyage to Eve Ilion
  • The Dragons of Pan Gu
  • Weeping Willow - Part One (Weeping Willow, #1)
  • Eleventh Elementum (Primortus Chronicles, #1)

Elemental Clans (4 books)
  • Raging Fire (The Elemental Clans, #2)
  • Earthbound (The Elemental Clans #3)
  • Windstorm (Elemental Clans #4)