Start by marking “Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Exercises to Make Photography Fun” as Want to Read:

Go ahead, have fun with your photography. Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists is a collection of fun and silly photography exercises designed to teach you something about your camera (and yourself!). Whether you’re rockin’ a digital SLR, a point and shoot, or even a phone camera, this book will:- Provide easy exercises to help you discover your own personal st ...more
Published August 1st 2013 by Quarry Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists

Julie
May 12, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it
Great book full of interesting photo-shoot ideas. It is always refreshing to hear new suggestions on what and how to take new and exciting photos. I gathered a lot of information out of this book and got started shooting right away. There were ideas in this book that pushed the "normal" limits and forced you to create unique and obscure images. I loved the variety of ideas and the simple nature of the techniques. This book is good for both beginners and semi-professionals...because we can all ...more
Relyn
Mar 11, 2016 Relyn rated it liked it
Recommends it for: creatives
Shelves: photography
The version I read of this book has this tagline: 52 Fun Exercises for Developing Self-Expression with Your Camera. I think the original title was more accurate. This book was great fun and full of ideas for mixed-media artists. It definitely takes a playful approach to photography. I think many, many artists and photography dabblers would love this book. I tend to prefer David DuChemin's photography books.
Stefanie Girard
Jul 02, 2013 Stefanie Girard rated it it was amazing
As a full time blogger and designer I want to make my photography better and more creative. This book is just the thing I need to accomplish this! I have used a few of the techniques already and am having so much fun trying the new ones I am reading about in Creative Photography Lab. I am also printing out extra copies of photos so I can try all the mixed media techniques this book includes because after all a photo is just waiting to be altered sometimes!
Tina
Interesting and inspiring.
Lots of good tips for any level of experience.
Fun projects and exercises to get you practicing.
And plenty of great photo examples.
I love the practical approach of this book.
Bunny
Mar 27, 2014 Bunny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-14
I reserve the right to change my rating once I've done the activities in here. But the activities and instructions are super simple to understand, and I love that there's instruction for DSLRs, point and shoot and smart phones. Very inclusive, and there's even an activity for 35mm cameras! Love.
False Millennium
Lots of interesting projects to pursue in how you set up a shot, and even using your own fine arts (or someone else) into the picture. I want to try and go back to this book in more depth at a later date.
Barbara
Mar 01, 2015 Barbara rated it it was ok
Shelves: g-sachbuch
Eine Sammlung verschiedener Ideen, eher für Personen, die noch nicht/wenig mit "künstlerischem" Fotografieren Erfahrung haben. Wer schon länger fotografiert (auch ohne den künstlerischen Anspruch) hat wohl die meisten der Übungen intuitiv schon mal selbst in dieser oder abgewandelter Form gemacht.
Susinok
Mar 14, 2014 Susinok rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: photography
Exercises for photographers, and it uses any type of camera from DSLR to point-and-shoot to cell phone.
Phoebe
Feb 25, 2014 Phoebe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very dynamic DIY-type book that I think can appeal to long-time photo hounds of the "point-n-click" variety and newbies alike. Inspiring and practical.
Kat
Apr 30, 2015 Kat rated it it was ok
Shelves: photography
A creative and nice book - full of innovative and fun stuff to try - not serious stuff but silly and fun!
Halah
Jan 06, 2015 Halah rated it it was amazing
****It was so easy to read and understand. It didn't complicate things like the other photography books i tried to read , i really enjoyed it , made me want to grab my camera and have fun!
iheartpolrbears
iheartpolrbears rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2015
Meghan Nelson
Meghan Nelson rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Christina Butterworth
Christina Butterworth rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Art
Art rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Eva
Eva rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Justin
Justin rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2014
J
J rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Eric Nusbaum
Eric Nusbaum rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2016
Sheila Guevin
Sheila Guevin rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Rebecca Davidson
Rebecca Davidson rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Dawna Johnson
Dawna Johnson rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Laura Roberts
Laura Roberts rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself
  • Vision & Voice: Refining Your Vision in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
  • Night Photography: Finding Your Way In The Dark
  • The Photographer's Vision: Understanding and Appreciating Great Photography
  • Creative Black & White: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques
  • Beyond Snapshots: How to Take That Fancy DSLR Camera Off "Auto" and Photograph Your Life like a Pro
  • Shooting with Soul: 44 Photography Exercises Exploring Life, Beauty and Self-Expression
  • Picture Perfect Practice: A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs (Voices That Matter)
  • Playing with Image Transfers: Exploring Creative Imagery for Use in Art, Mixed Media, and Design
  • People Pictures: 30 Exercises for Creating Authentic Photographs
  • 500 Handmade Books: Inspiring Interpretations of a Timeless Form (500 Series)
  • How to Make 100 Paper Flowers: Ideas and Instruction for Folding, Cutting, and Simple Sculptures
  • Chasing the Light: Improving Your Photography with Available Light
  • Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
  • Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book
  • Making Handmade Books: 100+ Bindings, Structures & Forms
  • Understanding Close-Up Photography: Creative Close Encounters with Or Without a Macro Lens
  • Unfurling, A Mixed-Media Workshop with Misty Mawn: Inspiration and Techniques for Self-Expression through Art