Start by marking “Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Exercises to Make Photography Fun” as Want to Read:

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Go ahead, have fun with your photography. Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists is a collection of fun and silly photography exercises designed to teach you something about your camera (and yourself!). Whether you’re rockin’ a digital SLR, a point and shoot, or even a phone camera, this book will:- Provide easy exercises to help you discover your own personal st ...more
Published August 1st 2013 by Quarry Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creative Photography Lab for Mixed-Media Artists

Julie
Great book full of interesting photo-shoot ideas. It is always refreshing to hear new suggestions on what and how to take new and exciting photos. I gathered a lot of information out of this book and got started shooting right away. There were ideas in this book that pushed the "normal" limits and forced you to create unique and obscure images. I loved the variety of ideas and the simple nature of the techniques. This book is good for both beginners and semi-professionals...because we can all us ...more
Barbara
Eine Sammlung verschiedener Ideen, eher für Personen, die noch nicht/wenig mit "künstlerischem" Fotografieren Erfahrung haben. Wer schon länger fotografiert (auch ohne den künstlerischen Anspruch) hat wohl die meisten der Übungen intuitiv schon mal selbst in dieser oder abgewandelter Form gemacht.
Stefanie Girard
As a full time blogger and designer I want to make my photography better and more creative. This book is just the thing I need to accomplish this! I have used a few of the techniques already and am having so much fun trying the new ones I am reading about in Creative Photography Lab. I am also printing out extra copies of photos so I can try all the mixed media techniques this book includes because after all a photo is just waiting to be altered sometimes!
Bunny
I reserve the right to change my rating once I've done the activities in here. But the activities and instructions are super simple to understand, and I love that there's instruction for DSLRs, point and shoot and smart phones. Very inclusive, and there's even an activity for 35mm cameras! Love.
False Millennium
Lots of interesting projects to pursue in how you set up a shot, and even using your own fine arts (or someone else) into the picture. I want to try and go back to this book in more depth at a later date.
Halah
****It was so easy to read and understand. It didn't complicate things like the other photography books i tried to read , i really enjoyed it , made me want to grab my camera and have fun!
Phoebe
A very dynamic DIY-type book that I think can appeal to long-time photo hounds of the "point-n-click" variety and newbies alike. Inspiring and practical.
Susinok
Exercises for photographers, and it uses any type of camera from DSLR to point-and-shoot to cell phone.
Niranj
A decent, short book to read, for those who are getting into photography.
Line
Line marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Tanya Szymberski
Tanya Szymberski marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Liz Toombs
Liz Toombs marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Kmcw53
Kmcw53 marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Muhammad Omer
Muhammad Omer marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
S
S marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Misty Dawn Seidel
Misty Dawn Seidel marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
  • A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself
  • Picture Perfect Practice: A Self-Training Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Taking World-Class Photographs (Voices That Matter)
  • Shooting with Soul: 44 Photography Exercises Exploring Life, Beauty and Self-Expression
  • Beyond Snapshots: How to Take That Fancy DSLR Camera Off "Auto" and Photograph Your Life like a Pro
  • People Pictures: 30 Exercises for Creating Authentic Photographs
  • Vision & Voice: Refining Your Vision in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
  • Night Photography: Finding Your Way In The Dark
  • Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
  • Understanding Flash Photography: How to Shoot Great Photographs Using Electronic Flash
  • Playing with Image Transfers: Exploring Creative Imagery for Use in Art, Mixed Media, and Design
  • The Photographer's Vision: Understanding and Appreciating Great Photography
  • How to Make 100 Paper Flowers: Ideas and Instruction for Folding, Cutting, and Simple Sculptures
  • Unfurling, A Mixed-Media Workshop with Misty Mawn: Inspiration and Techniques for Self-Expression through Art
  • Vivian Maier: Street Photographer
  • Creative Black & White: Digital Photography Tips & Techniques
  • Skin: The Complete Guide to Digitally Lighting, Photographing, and Retouching Faces and Bodies
  • Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots