Start by marking “Boundaries in an Overconnected World: Setting Limits to Preserve Your Focus, Privacy, Relationships, and Sanity” as Want to Read:

Over the past decade, 24-7 connectivity has given us not only convenience and fun but worries about privacy, intrusions into family time, and new compulsions — from shopping to tweeting and cute cat watching. Anne Katherine, one of the first authors to bring healthy boundary setting to a mass audience, has now written a book on how to do this with technology. Rather than r ...more
Published October 8th 2013 by New World Library (first published September 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Boundaries in an Overconnected World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boundaries in an Overconnected World

Cagne
I was attracted to this book hoping to find some light regarding Skype and Facebook etiquette. The first pages made me doubt the content, wondering if I just got a book about generic boundaries, but luckily it was just an introduction. In general terms, through the book there are a few worksheets to analyze what you feel is a violation of a boundary, and how to face it.

The "what is appropriate to do" part of the book focuses on email, specifically forwarding funny/cute things, and orientating
Christine Murdock
May 12, 2016 Christine Murdock rated it it was amazing
This is a good reference book to keep on your shelf at home. Although, check out similar books that have been recently published, they can be just as good or better.
Kim Cataldo
Aug 09, 2014 Kim Cataldo rated it liked it
I liked the tips and find it very important to disconnect regularly. I have found that setting limits for myself, spouse and children provides us time to be a family. It is crucial to disconnect yourself but difficult because we have become so reliant on technology, it's still frightening to me.
Lacey Michael
Oct 18, 2013 Lacey Michael rated it liked it
A lot of helpful tips and information! Several grammatical errors which bothered me.
Zt
Zt marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Josh E
Josh E marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Julie Pixie
Julie Pixie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Leah Coffin
Leah Coffin marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Micah
Micah rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2016
Vix Clarke
Vix Clarke marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Jenna Allen
Jenna Allen rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Catherine
Catherine is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2016
Francy
Francy marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Brigette
Brigette marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Kabukabu Ikwueme
Kabukabu Ikwueme rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2016
RJ
RJ marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Helen Lewis
Helen Lewis marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Sara Spruth
Sara Spruth marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Adora Myers
Adora Myers marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
0re0
0re0 added it
Oct 15, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2015
Kathy Butters
Kathy Butters marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015