How to Give Away Your Faith

How to Give Away Your Faith

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  10 reviews
"So you want to witness! I did too, but I didn't have a clue about how to do it without stubbing my toe in the process." So begins the book that has helped more than a million people give their faith to others. Paul Little's humor and down-to-earth approach help show how friendly and natural evangelism can really be.

"Impossible!" you may say. "I just don't know what I'd te

Published January 1st 1973 by IVP Books

Rowan
Even though this book was written over 40 years I found it completely relevant and as insightful as it would of been had it been written today. The author touches upon the threat from nuclear proliferation which at the time would of been very much at the back of the mind of his readers in the height of the cold war. It could of seemed as recently as ten years ago this book could of seemed to be out of date because of it but now with the threat of nuclear weapon proliferation greater than ever I...more
Mark
Though a little out-dated now, Paul Little's book How to Give Away Your Faith provides a strong argument for the Biblical example of witnessing and provides practical help for evangelism. It is obvious that Little is not just an armchair theologian, but that his wisdom comes from many years of faithful witness of Jesus. It is Christ-centered and encouraging.
Jonathan
Solid. Focused on practical actions, but also on our need to have a vibrant personal faith with Jesus Christ.

There were a few times where I thought he was allowing his experiences override what scripture teaches, but over-all he was sticking close to truth.

Not an exhaustive book on evangelism, but certainly a good primer. Very heartfelt.
Christine
I'm not one to initiate a conversation about faith with others, but there are times when I'm asked about mine. When that happens, I want to have informed answers - backed by personal testimony, lifestyle evangelism, and scripture. This book will help with that. :)
Libbydale
Reading this for the second time I believe. Didn't we have to read it at Cedarville? Feeling the need for a refresher in talking about my faith. I'm glad my church has a fairly well-stocked library!
Becki Cronin
A quick read. My version was a bit out-dated, but the content was as relavant as ever. Worth it if your asking yourself how to share Christ to others.
Rachel
Great basic evangelism book. I will continue to reference this book, especially when feeling discouraged.
Geoff
whish I read this much earlier.

great book.

Edition read: 1966 version
Leslie Jebaraj
My first taste of Christian Apologetics! Excellent resource!
Todd Coe
Great read about personal evangelism
Barry
Barry is currently reading it
Mar 31, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Linette Soberay
Linette Soberay is currently reading it
Apr 08, 2014
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Marie Friesen
Marie Friesen marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Lori Mccraney
Lori Mccraney marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
John Brackbill
John Brackbill marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Yccaccyouthlibrary
Yccaccyouthlibrary marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Casey Lewis
Casey Lewis marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Dave
Dave marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Paul E. Little and his wife, Marie, worked for twenty-five years with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship. Until his death in 1975, Little was also associate professor of evangelism at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois.
More about Paul E. Little...
Know Why You Believe Know What You Believe Know Who You Believe Know What And Why You Believe: Two Christian Classics In One Volume Certainty: Know Why You Believe (Christian Basics Bible Studies)