Start by marking “Midwife Cover” as Want to Read:
Midwife Cover

Midwife Cover

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
FBI agent Brady Masters thought his mission to infiltrate the Lost Lamb Ranch and take down a human trafficking scheme was about to end, but it was only just beginning.... Now he needed the help of Petra Jamison, a gorgeous free spirit who had dropped out of the FBI to become a midwife. Going undercover with her as a married couple, Brady soon discovered he liked being her ...more
ebook, Harlequin Intrigue #1343, 224 pages
Published April 1st 2012 by Harlequin Intrigue (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Midwife Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midwife Cover

Susan
Good book, but the blurb isn't quite correct. I don't recall their identities being compromised or Brady being told to walk away. When Brady and Petra first met, it was obvious they were complete opposites. Brady is a by-the-book, gotta have a plan kind of guy. Petra left the FBI over their rigid rules and became a midwife. She is more of a touchy-feely, heavy into New Age feelings. Brady asked Petra to assist him in going undercover at a home for unwed mothers that is a suspected site for human ...more
Debbie Heaton
Apr 13, 2012 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Miles’ romantic suspense novel, FBI agent Brady Masters is on a mission to infiltrate the Lost Lamb Ranch over a case involving human trafficking. But to do that, he had to team with a midwife to solidify his cover as a married man. Much to his surprise, Brady soon discovers that he likes Petra Jamison as a partner in every way. When their cover is blown, Brady is ordered to stand down. Obeying commanding officers went with the job, but denying his feelings was a whole different ballgame.

Mil
Diana Hockley
I don't know why this novel wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. It had everything going for it - the mystery, the gorgeous hero, the gorgeous heroine, the secondary love story and of course, the babies.

I think it could be because the idea of an FBI agent "dropping out" to become a midwife was a little bizarre. This is just my opinion, but it didn't seem realistic somehow, even though one has to suspend disbelief in romantic fiction!

The book was well-written and paced, pleasant enough, b
Wendy Lincoln
It was an okay book. I wasn't exactly thrilled because on the back of the book it says that their identities had been compromised and he was ordered to end the assignment. I am not sure where that part of the book went. I went cover to cover and it wasn't there. The ending was pretty stupid. It just basically ended. It wrapped up so simple, really? It was a disappointment.
Kate Vale
This book left me not sure I understood what the author was trying to do. Close down a baby trafficking racket, but then discover illegal organ stealing? Both? Or was it simply a way to bring the FBI profiler together with the midwife, former FBI woman?

Perhaps it ended too soon or not soon enough. To say I was dissatisfied is probably the best I can do.
Heather Willson
Interesting plot. Corny conclusion. Seems like the author was limited on page count and sprinted through the climax and summation.
Denise
Nov 02, 2015 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow build up and too fast to the conclusion - would have benefited from another 50 or 100 pages to fill the story out.
Kristina
I'm not too sure about this book. I thought that it was written well and fast paced, but it ended so abruptly and everything was done. Maybe if this book could have been longer and more developed it would been spectacular.
And there cover was never blown, sorry.
Lorraine Shaw
Jan 30, 2016 Lorraine Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not bad
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Stephanie Morgan
Stephanie Morgan marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 20, 2015
Jessica Mackay
Jessica Mackay marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Tanya Sylvester
Tanya Sylvester rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Denise West-Brooks
Denise West-Brooks rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Cassie grew up in a small town at the very tip of southern Illinois. A tomboy, she spent most of her time outside and got into big trouble for breaking the trellis while climbing out her second-story bedroom window.

When her family moved to L.A., major culture shock ensued. She discovered that grapefruits grew on trees, television offered more than two channels, and all the other girls had breasts.
More about Cassie Miles...