BloodSworn

BloodSworn

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Ten years after they bound her powers and banished her, Trina Weyebridge had successfully carved out a new existence in the human world. She put her life as a witch behind her. But, her magic would not be denied, the bindings holding them in check are weakening. Vampires who crave a taste of the powers stored in her blood are hunting her with deadly force and have kidnappe...more
Published February 1st 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

Steph
In BloodSworn, we meet Trina Weyebridge, one of the most powerful, most feared type of witch, and the last of her line. She's a BloodSworn witch whose magic comes from her blood. As powerful as this type of witch is, Trina doesn't practice magic. Her powers were bound for her protection ten years ago. Since then she's been living her life in the human world as a hematologist. However, things are about to change. Vampires have kidnapped her sister and she'll do anything to get her back.
The war
Mara
3 1\2

A self-published UF, BloodSworn gave me a few strong deja-read moments that overall did not detract much from the pleasure of reading it.

There's a nice plot, with some world-building and quite a dose of romance. It's good to know that, at least in UF, heroines and heroes can keep their pants on and check their safety first.

Even if they were firmly in the field of classic UF hero and heroine (they are both alphas and she as a unique power etc.), the characters were interesting to read and...more
Mary Hartshorn
I really liked this book was pleasantly surprised. I think I found a new favorite author to add to my list!!!!!
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Trina is the last known bloodwitch. The witches have bound her powers and banished her to the human world after her parents’ murder ten years before by vampires, but now those bindings are now weakening. As her sister is kidnapped to use as a lure, Trina decides to hide on shifter lands until events lead to her receiving protection from the Leo, which means becoming his concubine.

Merrick is a lion shifter and the Leo of the pack. The seemingly incurable shifter disease has become more rampant. A...more
Douglas Meeks
BloodSwornBloodSworn by Stacey Brutger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

NOTE: Any reviews that mention formatting/grammar problems should be ignored since those have been corrected and the ebooks up for sale now have the new corrected version.

Review:
Trina thought she had found the perfect place to hide when she used a bit of magic to get her through all the guards on the property of Merrick. The fact that he could see her (when nobody else could) almost every time she came onto his property to hide in a large shed...more
Melissa
I know there were some complaints with the typos and font size, but I managed to get a corrected copy that was reissued through Amazon by the author. So, not a lot of issues on that front for me. Any minor typos in my copy were easily overlooked because I was too wrapped up in the story. And no issues with the font size in my copy either.

Personally, I love Ms. Brutger's books. This makes my third that I've devoured and I can't wait to read more. I read a sample of this particular book at the end...more
Llaph

Beate
This was one of those books I never wanted to end. That's how comfortable I felt with the characters and their world. Yes, this is a story about a witch and a shifter falling in love. These two characters are at the chore of the story, but this is about so much more than just two people falling in love. What makes it a magical story, is how the characters are built and fleshed out and 'real' in all their unreality.

But what really wrapped me up and made me feel so comfortable with this book, is t...more
Clarke
3.5 stars. I wanted to love this book I really did. It started off so well with a great story line and interesting characters. The main characters meet and get to slowly know each other and then it's a rush to finish the book. All the character and relationship building is thrown out the window for danger and insentient soul deep love. I wouldn't be as disappointed if there hadn't been so much promise. So much more could've been done to build the world, including dynamics btw shifters, witches,...more
Patti Ashley
Fantastic complex story

The introduction to the plot is stellar. You get a wonderful view of Merrick and his world before Trina ever appears. Being the last blood witch is complicated by witches, shifters, and vampires. The author pulls quite a few strings into a well woven story r y that delivers. It was also great to have a complete story, no cliffhanger!
Ayana
This is one hell of a action-packed and adrenaline-pumping novel! It's different from the other witches novel out there. It has actions, romance, conflicts and a lots of unexpected things. It keeps me on my toes while reading. This one is a surprisingly very good standalone. Definitely a keeper! :)
Amy The Book Diaries
This is more of a 3 1/2 stars, I really liked the story. It was different and original. There was lots of action and suspense, I would have liked it to be a bit longer. The beginning story line and character interaction seemed rushed. All in all it was a good story.
Amanda
I had read Electric Storm before I read Blood Sworn and both books to not disappoint. The love story is wonderfully rich and the supporting characters are easy to fall in love with. I would love to read another book with Trina and Merrick, I miss them already.
Dr susan
Bloodsworn is an entertaining story with engaging characters. As with a lot of e books, there were some proofreading issues, but they were not severe enough to detract from a good story.
Danielle
I liked this book even more than electric storm. It was fast paced, easy to follow and a lot of fun to read.
Lburt
Feb 25, 2013 Lburt rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: weres
Enjoyable read, likable characters, entertaining plot, well written.
Melanie
Better than I thought it was going to be
Sherri
Excellent book!!!!!
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Atomicblue
Atomicblue marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Neverdust
Neverdust marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Debbi Hazzard
Debbi Hazzard marked it as to-read
Angela Nielsen
Angela Nielsen marked it as to-read
Kristinajean
Kristinajean is currently reading it
Gijs
Gijs marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
  • Realm Walker (Realm Walker, #1)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Stormrise (Storm Chronicles #1)
  • Hell's Belle (Hell's Belle, #1)
  • Claws and Effect (Diaries of an Urban Panther, #2)
  • The Zero Dog War (Zero Dog Missions, #1)
  • A Cursed Embrace (Weird Girls, #2)
  • Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O'Dell, #1)
  • Blade to the Keep (Rowan Summerwaite, #2)
  • Witch for Hire (Witch for Hire #1)
  • Baehrly Beginning (Goldie Locke and the Were Bears 0.5)
  • Devil's Paw (Imp, #4)
  • Voodoo Moon (Paranorm World, #1)
  • Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)
  • Dancing with Cooper (Psy-Changeling #9.6)
  • Vengeance Moon (Earth Witches, #2)
  • Awakening the Nightmare (Symmetria #1)
  • Who Needs Enemies (Harri Phillecki, PI, #1)
Stacey Brutger lives in a small town in Minnesota with her husband, son and an assortment of animals.

When she's not reading (from the towering stack of books she can't resist buying), she enjoys creating stories about exotic worlds and grand adventures...then shoving in her characters to see how they'd survive. She enjoys writing anything paranormal from contemporary to historical.

~~~~~*****~~~~~*...more
More about Stacey Brutger...
Electric Storm (Raven Investigations, #1) Electric Moon (Raven Investigations, #2) The Demon Within (Peacekeeper #1) Electric Heat (Raven Investigations, #3)