Start by marking “Famous Tales of Mystery and Horror” as Want to Read:

Sides 3 & 4:
The Murders in the Rue Morgue
132 pages
Published 1980 by Watermill Press

To ask other readers questions about Famous Tales of Mystery and Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Famous Tales of Mystery and Horror

Kylie
An awesome friend of mine gave me a copy of this book, but this edition has different stories. It combined classic horror stories with others that had more mysterious conclusions and a pretty large sense of humor in my opinion. There were some amazing lines and just great story telling and fun. And the cover of my copy is almost as awesome as my friend.
Devin Barrett
Although this is the ISBN number as my copy of "Famous Tales of Mystery and Horror," my book not only has a different cover, but different stories as well. My copy contains: The Taletell Heart, The Masque of the Red Death, The Oblong Box, The Murders in the Rue Morgue and The Purloined Letter.

This is my second time reading through this particular collection and I love it (even though I think Poe's detective stories are a little too easy to solve).
Lilias
Aug 19, 2007 Lilias rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ppl who would like a quick & fun read
Shelves: fiction
So I judged a book by its cover. I judged it by its author and title, too. How couldn't I? It's lucky I did because this was a very fun read full of dramatic deaths and cutting remarks.
Gaby Salas
No hay que dejarse llevar por la portada, porque ninguna historia es de horror, hay muy pocas que son de misterio. La mayoria son muy aburridas, pero hay otras que son muy buenas.
Geetanjali Tara Joshi
not as horrifying and mysterious as I thought...some stories are good but many are unbearable..
Bereniice
Not my fave, but good stories.
Cultura gneral, no son mis favoritas, oero es bueno leerlas
Adina
1 of the first horror books I bought when I was about 6-8 y.o.
Gem
Gem added it
May 29, 2015
Kristine Arrendell
Kristine Arrendell marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Ahmed Ibrahim
Ahmed Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Mark A.
Mark A. marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jan 16, 2015
Camila
Camila added it
Dec 22, 2014
Vassiliki    A.
Vassiliki A. marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Aline
Aline marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Shan'qua Williams
Shan'qua Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Shati
Shati added it
Aug 02, 2014
Aldi
Aldi marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Danijela
Danijela is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The name Poe brings to mind images of murderers and madmen, premature burials, and mysterious women who return from the dead. His works have been in print since 1827 and include such literary classics as “The Tell-Tale Heart,” “The Raven,” and “The Fall of the House of Usher.” This versatile writer’s oeuvre includes short stories, poetry, a novel, a textbook, a book of scientific theory, and hundr ...more
More about Edgar Allan Poe...
The Tell-Tale Heart and Other Writings The Complete Stories and Poems The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales Essential Tales and Poems The Cask of Amontillado