Start by marking “Virgin Star” as Want to Read:
Virgin Star

Virgin Star

Bold and reckless Captain Sean Seanessy has braved the fury of nature and the treachery of men on the perilous main. But the discovery of a beautiful virgin lying abandoned and unconscious on his London doorstep leaves the hardy seafarer weak with passionate longings unlike any he has ever known. When the feisty honey-haired enchantress awakens with no memory save fear, ...more
Published July 1993 by Avon Books

To ask other readers questions about Virgin Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin Star

Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
Jan 01, 2014 Lauren (Sugar & Snark) rated it did not like it
The title is not good! It sounds like the worlds most boring cruise liner! But I am hoping it is going to be an old school, bodice ripping historical romance. Fingers crossed!

Well I was right about the boats and the boring but nothing else!
Regan Walker
Jan 08, 2013 Regan Walker rated it really liked it
Shipboard Romance with a Twist

While I think CRIMSON RAPTURE may be my favorite by Horsman, I can recommend VIRGIN STAR as another of her shipboard historical romances, but this one has an Irish hero and a heroine who doesn’t know who she is.

Set in 1823, this is the story of a young Englishwoman who, as a child, was taken from England to Malacca near the South China Sea. (We don’t know why for most of the book.) When the story opens, she is 21 and has been beaten and dumped on the doorstep of Cap
Splage

This book started out very slow for me, too many characters and a lot of political relationship discussions. I was about to put it down which was a disappointment because of seeing it listed several times as "Fav Book of All Time" and "Books I've ReRead" on Amazon. I am glad I didn't, about 70 pages in, it took off and became a historical Bourne Identity with Jason Bourne being played by the heroine Shaylan. Both Sean, the hero, and Shaylan were well developed, inspiring and lovable characters.

Annabel Joseph
Jul 16, 2010 Annabel Joseph rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
This has been on my keeper shelf for years now. This book has it all--an amazingly cool heroine, a ridiculously sexy hero, and an awesome story. It never feels forced or trite, in fact, it was incredibly fresh and original. This is one of the few books I've ever read where my whole body would feel engaged because it was just. that. hot. and. sexy. I have been reading to pick up more of her backlist. Maybe that's a good idea to keep me busy for the rest of summer.
Mary23nm
Loved it. (view spoiler) I would definitely read more of her books. (Passion's Joy is the prequel to this one apparently, but you don't really have to read it first.)
Kat
Apr 29, 2014 Kat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was pretty good, but OMG! The formatting was absolutely horrible. Sometimes you couldn't tell who was speaking. Incorrect words were used, and there was some funky punctuation. It got so annoying it really hampered my enjoyment of the story.
Kathy Anne
Jan 04, 2012 Kathy Anne rated it liked it
For someone that doesn`t like pirate books I liked these two I`e read by her quite a lot.This h is certainly different and started the book out with a bang.
I do dislike war and history stories and these had more than I needed.Magic Embrace was also a good book....
Michele bookloverforever
part of a series. liked it because the hero suffered from migraine headaches ...as a fellow migraineur, could identify with him somewhat.
Vi Nguyễn
Vi Nguyễn rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2014
SBC
SBC rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2016
Ama
Ama rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Star Montgomery
Star Montgomery rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Study Student
Study Student rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2016
Mag
Mag rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Denise Campbell
Denise Campbell rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Ardarel
Ardarel rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
Janka
Janka rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Stephanie Smith
Stephanie Smith rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Mariam
Mariam rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2013
Fairy Tale Junkie
Fairy Tale Junkie rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Theresa
Theresa rated it really liked it
May 29, 2013
Maheen Saddiquie
Maheen Saddiquie rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
JenMcJ
JenMcJ rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2009
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • The Last Knight
  • Wings of a Dove
  • The Darkest Heart
  • Wicked Promise (Clayton, #1)
  • Lady Of Fire (Fire, #1)
  • Love and War (Coltrane, #1)
  • Gypsy Lady (Louisiana #1)
  • In Your Eyes
  • Dangerous Obsession
  • The Copeland Bride
  • Where There's Smoke
  • Seduction
  • Dark Fires (Brandon-Morgan #2)