Start by marking “Hill Country Christmas” as Want to Read:
Hill Country Christmas

Hill Country Christmas

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Holiday Heiress

Overnight, Delia Keller went from penniless preacher's granddaughter to rich young heiress. She's determined to use her money to find the security she's always lacked. And building herself a new house by Christmas is her first priority. But handsome Jude Tucker is challenging her plans and her heart….

The former Civil War chaplain hasn't felt peace in a very
Published February 2013 by Love Inspired (first published October 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Hill Country Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hill Country Christmas

This is a touching story about a young woman, Delia Keller, who suddenly finds herself alone in the world without a penny to her name. She fears she'd soon be homeless if she doesn't find a job. Then a handsome stranger rides into town on his horse and delivers one final peace of news: Her father is gone, but she now has plenty of money to live on.

As I read this story and how worldly she became after coming into money, I can't help but to think how I'd act in her shoes. After just a little soul-
In 1867, Llano Crossing, Texas Delia Keller's grandfather she's been living with dies. She receives word her father has also past away and she's his heir. From poor to rich over night and men wanting to court her. Very good romance, Delia is a wonderful character. I found myself pushing to read fast and fast because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. It brought a smile to my face and I thought the author did a wonderful job on the dialogue.
Never finished. I liked the history info but it started to get really stupid.
Sue King
Wonderful! A fun read. I'd love to meet the characters.
Nora marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Christine Van nostrand
Christine Van nostrand marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Kathie added it
Jul 05, 2015
Jenriye Olokutuyi
Jenriye Olokutuyi marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Nancy Luebke
Nancy Luebke marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Barb marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Brandy marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Diane marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Vivian added it
Oct 17, 2014
Holly marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 24, 2015 12:01PM
Laurie Kingery is a central Ohio author and veteran E.R. RN who wrote 16 historical romances as Laurie Grant and now writes inspirational historicals for Steeple Hill. She won the Reader's Choice for short historicals in 1994. Her website is Country Christmas was her first inspirational historical in Oct. '08; her next release from Steeple Hill was The Outlaw's Lady i ...more
More about Laurie Kingery...
Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1) The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2) The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4) The Sheriff's Sweetheart (Brides of Simpson Creek, #3) The Outlaw's Lady