Start by marking “The Son of Sobek” as Want to Read:
The Son of Sobek

The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #1)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  16,550 ratings  ·  1,146 reviews
In this audio e-book short story narrated by Rick Riordan, Carter Kane is investigating rumored sightings of a monster on Long Island when he runs into something else: a mysterious boy named Percy Jackson. And their meeting isn't exactly friendly. . . . Includes a sneak peek chapter from HOUSE OF HADES, Book Four in the Heroes of Olympus series.
Published June 18th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Son of Sobek, please sign up.

Serena In the paperback of 'Throne of Fire' or as a Kindle ebook.
Night Cloud It starts off slow, but it will get better. Not as good as Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus. But if you don't want to read the whole series, I…moreIt starts off slow, but it will get better. Not as good as Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus. But if you don't want to read the whole series, I recommend reading the first book. You will get the Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles crossovers if you read the first book. :)
Happy reading! (less)

Obssesive Girl Loves Chocolate
EDIT 6/20/13:

Well that was awesome......... I can't even express my pure love for this crossover. AND THEY TOTALLY GOT THAT THEY WERE FROM DIFFERENT MYTHOLOGIES! *Tears of joy* More! More! More!

What if when the 7 are closing the doors of death Percy calls Carter and.....? Ugh, I can't even. What if the future crossover book includes the Norse Mythology kids?! The best end to HoO would be all four mythologies uniting! 1. I mean..... Can you just imagine all those awesome characters together..? :
Varsha
Fantastic as always. Rick Riordan never disappoints his readers.

Do you know what this means?
More Percy!!!

Shruti
EDIT: 5/9/2013

So I just finished the story. And there's only one word running through my mind:

MORE Dear God, MORE. Please. :'O

UH-MAZ-ING.

EDIT: IT'S OUT YESSS. The version with the SS paperback edition, that is.

So incredibly excited for this! We've been waiting for a crossover ever since Rick wrote 'The Red Pyramid' and we finally have one! :) So. Psyched.

You can read a featurette, here:

Alice
Wooooo guys guys guys, this is so exciting! *hyperventilating*

Neha

After reading it --

I have no idea about what to say...im kind of still in fangirl satisfaction. (after 5 minutes) *sigh* Ok here i go.
Ok, seriously what do you guys expect? Ofcourse it was AWESOME!! Rick is one of those authors who NEVER EVER fails to satisfy his fans. It was hilarious, amusing, and like all of his books, it had a lot of action. Both were absolutely confused at first, but(view spoiler)
Elevetha
Feb 02, 2013 Elevetha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
description

This has made me happy. First Ally, now Rick!!!
Carly
description

Though before I read this I'm going to actually have to finish the Kane Chronicles.
Mitch
It’s so short! There’s hardly a plot! And I'm OK with that!

Yup Carter and Percy meet:
Even if the guy was a jerk, magicians weren’t supposed to go around sucker-punching kids into orbit with the Fist of Horus.

There’s a giant monster:
Unfortunately, the all-American scene was kind of ruined by the monster, who was busily eating a green Prius hatchback with a bumper sticker that read MY POODLE IS SMARTER THAN YOUR HONOR STUDENT.

They have to work out their differences:
“Why do I get to keep him occu
Michelle
Finally got my hands on the ebook. I actually read it a few weeks ago, but have neglected to write my review of the book.
IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the crossover of Percy and Carter's worlds. The story was good for its length, and I found that it did not disappoint.
Hopefully, we will see more crossovers between the two in future. (view spoiler)
Reyna
All my crossover feels are tingling happy happy *rocks back and forth smiling*

PRE-REVIEW 11/FEBRUARY/2013
RIORDAN YOU LITTLE TROLL I HAVE SUCH DESPERATE NEED FOR THIS (First it was Clare with Magnus Bane
and now YOU too?) *attempts to calm my fangirl heart*
My blood pressure rises by the day. I swear, authors probably have a little powwow session with tea and crumpets, giggling over our slow descent into madness and planning More Ways In Which To Torment us Further.

*pops into Hyperion* *hacks comp
Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse
THERE'S A COVER PEOPLE!!!*goes to Percy Jackson fans phone line* Quick spread the word!!!
OH MY GODS!!!!! That was amazing. And Hilarious!! I loved it how both Carter and Percy were so shocked and amazed at each other. I wonder how is Percy going to use that hieroglyph. My dream would be to use in in the final battle in the last book of the Heroes of Olympus. Don't you think they might need some Egyptian help from the Brooklyn House Gang?
5/27/13
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN W
P.Z.
เหตุการณจะเกิดขึนหลังจากที The Kane Chronicles จบทัง 3 เลมแลว แตอานกอนกไดไมวากัน แตจะมีจุดทีสปอยลเลกๆนอยๆอยูสองสามจุด ถามองขามๆไปกโอเคแหละ คารเตอรกับเพอรซียดูไปดูมาบุคลิกคลายกันอยูนะ แตเรารูสึกวาคารเตอรจะอีโกสูงกวาเพอรซียนิดนึง เนือเรืองไมไดมีอะไรมาก ... เปนการครอสโอเวอรกันระหวางกรีกโรมันและอียิปต ตางคนตางไมกลาเลาความลับฝายของตนใหฟัง เพราะเรืองนีตองมีเงือนงำ มีใครอยูเบืองหลังเหตุการณจระเขครังนีแนๆ อานไดเรือยๆ สนุกดี ไมไดสะเทือนใจอะไรมากมายนัก ถือวาเปนบทสงทาย The Kane Chronicles แบบยาวๆไปละกัน ^. ...more
Jersey
Wow, I mean, Holy Hades!

This is a great cross-over but I was left hanging! I can sense something about this. I hope Rick Riordan will do a series about this cross-over or atleast continue it! And the words Carter said just build up this excited anticipation:

‘Good working with you, Carter.’

We shook. No sparks flew. No thunder boomed. But I still couldn’t escape the feeling that we’d opened a door, meeting like this – a door that we might not be able to close.

‘You too, Percy.’

Please teach me
karly
Me right now:

I still can't believe this happened!! A crossover such awesome as Percy and Carter is just so heart warming and precious you just end up smiling the whole freaking day. Totally worth reading even if you haven't read the The Kane Chronicles!! (like me, sorry). But I'm totally hooked on Carter!!
Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS
My reaction when I bought this book? Complete and total fangirl freakout(Consisting of squealing, screaming, yelling, dancing, giggling, and thanks the gods- Both Egyptian and Greek -that I had the money to buy it).

(view spoiler)
Veronica
Anyone else completly freaking out? I am barely holding it together! Percy AND Carter? I missed him so much!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH RICK RIORDAN WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?????? Ok calming down. But I am so excited this is going to be completly awesome!!!!!!!

After reading the sample I can only predict that there will be at least a skirmish between Carter and Percy. Personally I have always wanted to know who was stronger. I mean near water Percy is unstoppable also this is before (view spoiler)
AJ
Okay, so don't kill me but...I haven't read the Kane Chronicles.
*flinches*
I KNOW, I know I feel terrible and I should be executed for this unspeakable crime but, seriously, this short story convinced me to start reading them ASAP.
This little crossover encounter was CRAY. I mean, we already know Percy Jackson is the baddest badass there is and I'm assuming Carter Kane would be the Egyptian equivalent. So together?
The badassery is off the freaking charts.
What I really loved was when they first met
Jianred
Now, first of, I just want everyone to know how I've been dying to have this cross-over ever since during Red Pyramid where Amos (I think) made some kind of reference that he's very much aware of the gods living in the Empire State building while looking at the building itself across from the East River (I think).

Sadly, I was not able to read the follow-up books of the Kane Chronicles.

Anyways, everyone's debating on what timeline was this meeting done. Imo, this was done before Hera whisked Perc
Daniel
Moram reci da sam malo razocaran ovom knjigom. Uzmemo dva eksta zabavna lika sa skroz razlicitim mocima i na kraju nista od toga se ne iskoristi. Scena borbe je odlicna ali problem je sto je ta jedna borba u sustini cela knjiga a za to nije bas dovoljno epic. Plus, a to je mozda moja greska, ali nisam obratio paznju kolko strana ovo ima pa sam se iznenadio kada sam zavrsio sa knigom za pola sata.

Nadam se barem da ce veca prica koja spaja ove tri knjizice biti vrednija paznje.
 ᴍɪᴄs * en proceso de recuperación....*
MEH .

¡Aburrido!. Esta bien que estaba cansada cuando lo empece a leer pero me dio más sueño todavía.

¿Habrá sido porque es desde el POV de Carter? I guess, porque le falto el carisma de Percy.
Krish Domingo
WOW. SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!! There was this part in Throne of Fire that made a reference to the Percy Jackson series that made me smile when i was reading it------ “I looked across the river to Manhattan. It was a great view. When Sadie and I had first arrived at Brooklyn House, Amos had told us that magicians tried to stay out of Manhattan. He said Manhattan had other problems--whatever that meant. And sometimes when I looked across the water, I could swear I was seeing things. Sadie laughed abou ...more
Jayde
Feb 11, 2013 Jayde marked it as to-read
I should have filmed my freak-out session once I found about this. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the second and third Kane Chronicles, but I still love the characters and idea. Ever since Carter mentioned seeing pegasi over the river, and Drew and Lacy were at Sadie's school dance... Well... I've been waiting for this a long time! :)
Milkshakemonster101
HOLY GOODNESS.
I found out that this book was coming out TODAY.
And I was like OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH MAH GAAAAAAWD I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
And I also found out that it comes out on June 18 as an e-book.
And I also found out that if you buy it as an e-book, you get what Ricky here calls a "gift".
And people, it is not ONLY gift, it is MORE than a gift.
I call it THE BEST THANK YOU GIFT EVER!!!
You're probably thinking: JUST TELL ME WHAT THE DARN THING IS ALREADY!
Well…
DRUM ROLL…
IT'S AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK CHAPTE
Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}
Lil' Excerpt:

He stood to go. ‘One more thing,’ he said. ‘If this somebody, whoever threw us together … if he’s an enemy to both of us – what if we need each other to fight him? How do I contact you?’
I considered that. Then I made a snap decision. ‘Can I write something on your hand?’
He frowned. ‘Like your phone number?’
‘Uh … well, not exactly.’ I took out my stylus and a vial of magic ink. Percy held out his palm. I drew a hieroglyph there – the Eye of Horus. As soon as the symbol was complete,
Fatemeh
اوه. فقط چهل صفحه؟ اونم بعد از انتظار برای رویارویی عظیم خدایان یونان و مصر؟ منصفاته ست؟ :((
Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo
Catherine
In this Ebook Carter Kane meets Percy Jackson. While I am TOTALLY supporting this, I think that it should have been told from Percy's perspective. A lot more people have read Riordan's Percy Jackson series than the Kane series and it was a little confusing but nice anyway.
The only thing I liked about it being told from Carter's perspective was that he had no clue what a demigod was, or who Annabeth was and it was a little funny seeing how confused he was. *snort*
Lynette ~ Escaping Reality – One Book at a Time ~
OH wow. I loved Son of Sobek. Beyond loved it. I adored every second, and laughed every other. Carter and Percy MEETING? Talk about epic fan-girl moment! I was flippin' out.
AND THE ENDING??!?!?!?! Oh, Rick, pleasepleasePLEASE tell me this means that the 21st Nome will help out the Greeks and the Romans at the Doors of Death!

Full (and calmer) review to come soon!
Jessie
This is why I love Percy Jackson. He always manages to make me laugh! I look forward to future crossovers! In Percy's POV next time, please?
Belle
Sooo good, hope he makes another :)

Before: WOW, well this is so incredibly exciting... EEEEEK!
Awesome!!! 2 7 Apr 16, 2015 05:35PM
The Nooks of Books: The Son of Sobek 3 5 Dec 08, 2014 04:51AM
Which characters would YOU put together for a crossover? 5 28 Dec 07, 2014 10:11AM
Heroes of Olympus...: Son Of Sobek 1 6 Nov 28, 2014 03:19PM
Another Crossover is coming 15 53 Sep 30, 2014 12:44PM
When does this take place *Spoilers* 13 60 Sep 07, 2014 03:26PM
is he going to make it a full blown book series? 40 180 Apr 21, 2014 09:44AM
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • Tensy Farlow and the Home for Mislaid Children
  • Odin's Ravens (The Blackwell Pages, #2)
  • The Whisperer
  • The Wizard of Rondo (Rondo, #2)
  • Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story (Gallagher Girls, #5.5; Heist Society, #2.5)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3  (The Search, #3)
  • Halo
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Goddess in Time (Oh. My. Gods., #2.1)
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • Dead to Me (The Heir Chronicles, #3.5)
  • The Summer Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.5)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Fireworks (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #7)
  • The Shadow Cats (Fire and Thorns, #0.5)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover (3 books)
  • The Staff of Serapis
  • The Crown of Ptolemy
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)

“After all the dangerous adventures I'd had, I couldn't die like this. Sadie would be devastated. Then, once she got over her grief, she'd track down my soul in the Egyptian afterlife and tease me mercilessly for how stupid I'd been.” 44 likes
“Getting eaten by a giant crocodile was bad enough.
The kid with the glowing sword only made my day worse.”
39 likes