Start by marking “The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover, #1)

The Son of Sobek (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #1)

4.26  ·  Rating Details ·  25,238 Ratings  ·  1,365 Reviews
In this audio e-book short story narrated by Rick Riordan, Carter Kane is investigating rumored sightings of a monster on Long Island when he runs into something else: a mysterious boy named Percy Jackson. And their meeting isn't exactly friendly. . . . Includes a sneak peek chapter from HOUSE OF HADES, Book Four in the Heroes of Olympus series.
Published June 18th 2013 by Disney-Hyperion (first published May 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Son of Sobek, please sign up.

Annette Powlis I found the entire Kane Chronicles to be wonderfully interesting and entertaining. Much better than the Percy Jackson series.
Serena In the paperback of 'Throne of Fire' or as a Kindle ebook.

~~~N~~~
Feb 03, 2013 ~~~N~~~ rated it it was amazing
EDIT 6/20/13:

Well that was awesome......... I can't even express my pure love for this crossover. AND THEY TOTALLY GOT THAT THEY WERE FROM DIFFERENT MYTHOLOGIES! *Tears of joy* More! More! More!

What if when the 7 are closing the doors of death Percy calls Carter and.....? Ugh, I can't even. What if the future crossover book includes the Norse Mythology kids?! The best end to HoO would be all four mythologies uniting! 1. I mean..... Can you just imagine all those awesome characters together..? :
Aj the Ravenous Reader

A refreshing, short read from Uncle Rick the second. <3

Carter coincidentally (or perhaps not) meets Percy in Long Island as Carter tries to capture a huge monster crocodile called “petshuchos”, the son of the crocodile god, Sobek which Percy has been trying to seize for a long time already (Long Island being his home turf). Initially, the meeting wasn’t very civil because of unfamiliarity but they call a truce in a united mission to capture the monster. Of course, it’s Mr. Riordan
Varsha
May 07, 2013 Varsha rated it really liked it
Fantastic as always. Rick Riordan never disappoints his readers.

Do you know what this means?
More Percy!!!

Shruti
Feb 01, 2013 Shruti rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
EDIT: 5/9/2013

So I just finished the story. And there's only one word running through my mind:

MORE Dear God, MORE. Please. :'O

UH-MAZ-ING.

EDIT: IT'S OUT YESSS. The version with the SS paperback edition, that is.

So incredibly excited for this! We've been waiting for a crossover ever since Rick wrote 'The Red Pyramid' and we finally have one! :) So. Psyched.

You can read a featurette, here:

Alice
Feb 01, 2013 Alice rated it really liked it
Wooooo guys guys guys, this is so exciting! *hyperventilating*

Neha
Feb 16, 2013 Neha rated it it was amazing

After reading it --

I have no idea about what to say...im kind of still in fangirl satisfaction. (after 5 minutes) *sigh* Ok here i go.
Ok, seriously what do you guys expect? Ofcourse it was AWESOME!! Rick is one of those authors who NEVER EVER fails to satisfy his fans. It was hilarious, amusing, and like all of his books, it had a lot of action. Both were absolutely confused at first, but(view spoiler)
Elevetha
Feb 02, 2013 Elevetha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
description

This has made me happy. First Ally, now Rick!!!
Carly
description

Though before I read this I'm going to actually have to finish the Kane Chronicles.
Mitch
May 09, 2013 Mitch rated it really liked it
It’s so short! There’s hardly a plot! And I'm OK with that!

Yup Carter and Percy meet:
Even if the guy was a jerk, magicians weren’t supposed to go around sucker-punching kids into orbit with the Fist of Horus.

There’s a giant monster:
Unfortunately, the all-American scene was kind of ruined by the monster, who was busily eating a green Prius hatchback with a bumper sticker that read MY POODLE IS SMARTER THAN YOUR HONOR STUDENT.

They have to work out their differences:
“Why do I get to keep him occu
Michelle
Finally got my hands on the ebook. I actually read it a few weeks ago, but have neglected to write my review of the book.
IT WAS AWESOME!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the crossover of Percy and Carter's worlds. The story was good for its length, and I found that it did not disappoint.
Hopefully, we will see more crossovers between the two in future. (view spoiler)
TL
Dec 02, 2015 TL rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of both series
2.5 to three stars

Completely forgot I had downloaded this haha :)
Mostly not good reading day so thought I would re-visit a couple old friends <3
---

“Getting eaten by a giant crocodile was bad enough.
The kid with the glowing sword only made my day worse.

Not bad, it was fun to see Percy and Carter reluctantly teaming up and fighting together but I wish it had been longer. It was 50/50 for me, The humor and characterizations were spot on, just... it felt like it should have been a few pages long
(yikes)
All my crossover feels are tingling happy happy *rocks back and forth smiling*

PRE-REVIEW 11/FEBRUARY/2013
*attempts to calm my fangirl heart*
*pops into Hyperion* *hacks computers* *retrieves ALL THE FILES*
Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse
THERE'S A COVER PEOPLE!!!*goes to Percy Jackson fans phone line* Quick spread the word!!!
OH MY GODS!!!!! That was amazing. And Hilarious!! I loved it how both Carter and Percy were so shocked and amazed at each other. I wonder how is Percy going to use that hieroglyph. My dream would be to use in in the final battle in the last book of the Heroes of Olympus. Don't you think they might need some Egyptian help from the Brooklyn House Gang?
5/27/13
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN W
Jersey
Feb 01, 2013 Jersey rated it really liked it
Wow, I mean, Holy Hades!

This is a great cross-over but I was left hanging! I can sense something about this. I hope Rick Riordan will do a series about this cross-over or atleast continue it! And the words Carter said just build up this excited anticipation:

‘Good working with you, Carter.’

We shook. No sparks flew. No thunder boomed. But I still couldn’t escape the feeling that we’d opened a door, meeting like this – a door that we might not be able to close.

‘You too, Percy.’

Please teach me
P
Jun 26, 2015 P rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
เหตุการณจะเกิดขึนหลังจากที The Kane Chronicles จบทัง 3 เลมแลว แตอานกอนกไดไมวากัน แตจะมีจุดทีสปอยลเลกๆนอยๆอยูสองสามจุด ถามองขามๆไปกโอเคแหละ คารเตอรกับเพอรซียดูไปดูมาบุคลิกคลายกันอยูนะ แตเรารูสึกวาคารเตอรจะอีโกสูงกวาเพอรซียนิดนึง เนือเรืองไมไดมีอะไรมาก ... เปนการครอสโอเวอรกันระหวางกรีกโรมันและอียิปต ตางคนตางไมกลาเลาความลับฝายของตนใหฟัง เพราะเรืองนีตองมีเงือนงำ มีใครอยูเบืองหลังเหตุการณจระเขครังนีแนๆ อานไดเรือยๆ สนุกดี ไมไดสะเทือนใจอะไรมากมายนัก ถือวาเปนบทสงทาย The Kane Chronicles แบบยาวๆไปละกัน ^. ...more
karly
May 25, 2013 karly rated it it was amazing
Me right now:

I still can't believe this happened!! A crossover such awesome as Percy and Carter is just so heart warming and precious you just end up smiling the whole freaking day. Totally worth reading even if you haven't read the The Kane Chronicles!! (like me, sorry). But I'm totally hooked on Carter!!
Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS
Feb 01, 2013 Izzy Lightfleur ~ ON HIATUS rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Percy Jackson fans, Kane Chronicles fans, just about anyone
My reaction when I bought this book? Complete and total fangirl freakout(Consisting of squealing, screaming, yelling, dancing, giggling, and thanks the gods- Both Egyptian and Greek -that I had the money to buy it).

(view spoiler)
Veronica
Mar 26, 2013 Veronica rated it it was amazing
Anyone else completly freaking out? I am barely holding it together! Percy AND Carter? I missed him so much!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH RICK RIORDAN WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?????? Ok calming down. But I am so excited this is going to be completly awesome!!!!!!!

After reading the sample I can only predict that there will be at least a skirmish between Carter and Percy. Personally I have always wanted to know who was stronger. I mean near water Percy is unstoppable also this is before (view spoiler)
Ro
Jan 29, 2015 Ro rated it really liked it
Me encantó este libro. Aunque no recordaba muchas cosas de mitología egipcia, pude conectar bastante como para entender los artificios que utilizaba Carter.
El encuentro entre Carter y Percy fue tan lafjlaskdgjalsgkjalsgjasdflñkjf cuando pelearon tuve un hiper momento fangirl <3
Lo admito, me hubiera gustado que el libro estuviese narrado desde el punto de vista de Percy, pero aún así... este libro es genial
Y... omg... ese final... odie y ame que lo dejara tan abierto.

Estoy segura de que Rick R
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
MEH .

¡Aburrido!. Esta bien que estaba cansada cuando lo empece a leer pero me dio más sueño todavía.

¿Habrá sido porque es desde el POV de Carter? I guess, porque le falto el carisma de Percy.
Jianred
May 19, 2013 Jianred rated it it was amazing
Shelves: online-reads
Now, first of, I just want everyone to know how I've been dying to have this cross-over ever since during Red Pyramid where Amos (I think) made some kind of reference that he's very much aware of the gods living in the Empire State building while looking at the building itself across from the East River (I think).

Sadly, I was not able to read the follow-up books of the Kane Chronicles.

Anyways, everyone's debating on what timeline was this meeting done. Imo, this was done before Hera whisked Perc
AJ
May 19, 2013 AJ rated it it was amazing
Okay, so don't kill me but...I haven't read the Kane Chronicles.
*flinches*
I KNOW, I know I feel terrible and I should be executed for this unspeakable crime but, seriously, this short story convinced me to start reading them ASAP.
This little crossover encounter was CRAY. I mean, we already know Percy Jackson is the baddest badass there is and I'm assuming Carter Kane would be the Egyptian equivalent. So together?
The badassery is off the freaking charts.
What I really loved was when they first met
Krish Domingo
Apr 28, 2013 Krish Domingo rated it it was amazing
WOW. SUPER EXCITED!!!!!!! There was this part in Throne of Fire that made a reference to the Percy Jackson series that made me smile when i was reading it------ “I looked across the river to Manhattan. It was a great view. When Sadie and I had first arrived at Brooklyn House, Amos had told us that magicians tried to stay out of Manhattan. He said Manhattan had other problems--whatever that meant. And sometimes when I looked across the water, I could swear I was seeing things. Sadie laughed abou ...more
Daniel
May 16, 2015 Daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moram reci da sam malo razocaran ovom knjigom. Uzmemo dva eksta zabavna lika sa skroz razlicitim mocima i na kraju nista od toga se ne iskoristi. Scena borbe je odlicna ali problem je sto je ta jedna borba u sustini cela knjiga a za to nije bas dovoljno epic. Plus, a to je mozda moja greska, ali nisam obratio paznju kolko strana ovo ima pa sam se iznenadio kada sam zavrsio sa knigom za pola sata.

Nadam se barem da ce veca prica koja spaja ove tri knjizice biti vrednija paznje.
Jayde
Feb 11, 2013 Jayde marked it as to-read
I should have filmed my freak-out session once I found about this. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed by the second and third Kane Chronicles, but I still love the characters and idea. Ever since Carter mentioned seeing pegasi over the river, and Drew and Lacy were at Sadie's school dance... Well... I've been waiting for this a long time! :)
Jesica
Aug 13, 2015 Jesica rated it really liked it
‘What are you?’ I demanded. ‘Part combat magician, part water elementalist? What nome are you with?’
The kid laughed bitterly. ‘Dude, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t hang out with gnomes. Satyrs, sometimes. Even Cyclopes. But not gnomes.’

It’s kind of short story by Rick Riordan where two of the heroes he wrote in two different series meets. Percy Jackson from The Heroes of Olympus series and Carter Kane from The Kane Chronicles series. Both are the lead character.

A giant Egyptian
Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}
Nov 30, 2013 Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction} rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lil' Excerpt:

He stood to go. ‘One more thing,’ he said. ‘If this somebody, whoever threw us together … if he’s an enemy to both of us – what if we need each other to fight him? How do I contact you?’
I considered that. Then I made a snap decision. ‘Can I write something on your hand?’
He frowned. ‘Like your phone number?’
‘Uh … well, not exactly.’ I took out my stylus and a vial of magic ink. Percy held out his palm. I drew a hieroglyph there – the Eye of Horus. As soon as the symbol was complete,
Sarah Banono
Apr 03, 2013 Sarah Banono rated it it was amazing
HOLY GOODNESS.
I found out that this book was coming out TODAY.
And I was like OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH MAH GAAAAAAWD I CANNOT WAIT!!!!
And I also found out that it comes out on June 18 as an e-book.
And I also found out that if you buy it as an e-book, you get what Ricky here calls a "gift".
And people, it is not ONLY gift, it is MORE than a gift.
I call it THE BEST THANK YOU GIFT EVER!!!
You're probably thinking: JUST TELL ME WHAT THE DARN THING IS ALREADY!
Well…
DRUM ROLL…
IT'S AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK CHAPTE
Melanie
Feb 16, 2013 Melanie rated it really liked it
A little short but it was amazing! ^,^
Fatemeh
اوه. فقط چهل صفحه؟ اونم بعد از انتظار برای رویارویی عظیم خدایان یونان و مصر؟ منصفاته ست؟ :((
Awesome!!! 2 7 Apr 16, 2015 05:35PM
The Nooks of Books: The Son of Sobek 3 7 Dec 08, 2014 04:51AM
Which characters would YOU put together for a crossover? 5 29 Dec 07, 2014 10:11AM
Heroes of Olympus...: Son Of Sobek 1 6 Nov 28, 2014 03:19PM
Another Crossover is coming 15 55 Sep 30, 2014 12:44PM
When does this take place *Spoilers* 13 90 Sep 07, 2014 03:26PM
  • The Forgotten Ones (Lorien Legacies: The Lost Files, #6)
  • Halo
  • Apartment 255
  • The Whisperer
  • Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story (Gallagher Girls, #5.5; Heist Society, #2.5)
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • The Puzzle Ring
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wizard of Rondo (Rondo, #2)
  • Leave the Window Open (The Archived, #2.5)
  • Tensy Farlow and the Home for Mislaid Children
  • Kill the Possum
  • Dead to Me (The Heir Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Spartan Frost (Mythos Academy, #4.5)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Vol. 2
  • The First Kiss (The Iron Fey, #1.25)
  • The Glowing Knight (The Orphan Queen, #0.2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 2  (The Search, #2)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover (3 books)
  • The Staff of Serapis (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #2)
  • The Crown of Ptolemy (Percy Jackson & Kane Chronicles Crossover #3)

“After all the dangerous adventures I'd had, I couldn't die like this. Sadie would be devastated. Then, once she got over her grief, she'd track down my soul in the Egyptian afterlife and tease me mercilessly for how stupid I'd been.” 49 likes
“Getting eaten by a giant crocodile was bad enough.
The kid with the glowing sword only made my day worse.”
45 likes