Start by marking “And Then Comes Marriage” as Want to Read:
And Then Comes Marriage

And Then Comes Marriage (Worthington #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  27 reviews
ANDTHENCOMEMARRIAGE

Celeste Bradley

After years of being a quiet, dutiful wife, the recently widowed Mrs. Miranda Talbot is finally free to do as she pleases. As an attractive woman of independent means at a time when few women are, Miranda is suddenly turning heads all around London. When she meets the dashing Mr. Castor Worthington, she is swept away by his passion. Is he...more
Published July 30th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about And Then Comes Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then Comes Marriage

SidneyKay
Klio
I was expecting some sort of regency romp, however the kinky spanking bits were entirely unexpected and rather off putting...... really not my cup of tea.

smexys_sidekick (Tori-Smexybooks)
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/09/review-...

Favorite Quote: “I know what it’s like to get it all wrong. To do nothing but harm when you meant only the best.”

Book two in Ms. Bradley’s Worthington series, And Then Comes Marriage, is the story of Pollux (Poll) and Castor (Cas) Worthington. Dubbed the Devilish Duo, these outrageous twins use their looks, charm, and competitive nature to play games of the heart with women. When Poll meets the lovely rich widow Miranda Talbot, he seek...more
Sarah Eiseman
Originally posted on Romance Around the Corner (http://romance-around-the-corner.blog...):

I first read Celeste Bradley when she co-authored a book with one of my favorite contemporary authors, Susan Donovan. The book, recently republished under the name Unbound, follows a story of a courtesan and her diary of sexual exploration. It was a fabulous read, but more importantly it introduced me to Bradley. I'm not usually a huge historical fan, but Bradley has a way to keep me laughing, sometimes cr...more
Christine
Although I loved "When She Said I Do," the first book in the Worthington series, I wasn't sure if I was going to like the sequel. But I took a chance, and I'm glad I did.

When we met the Worthingtons in the first book, I thought they were way over-the-top crazy. They were way past eccentric, and I just couldn't see how I would care enough about them to read more. And..as other reviewers have noted, there's waaay too much about them in this story. As the saying goes.."less is more."

In this story,...more
Lori Kurochkina
Aug 04, 2014 Lori Kurochkina marked it as never-ever-never  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horrifically-bad
I just finished reading the first book in this series... and it was horrible. There is too much focus on trying to introduce the other members of the Worthington family members. Seriously, they are mentioned with every other thought and comment, it is overwhelming when you just want to read about the two main characters. The other odd thing is the love scenes.... more focus is trying to make them kinky and erotic instead of romantic. So I will not read this book #2 and I will take it to the used...more
Susan
Very good book that is funny in some places and emotional in others. Miranda's two years of mourning are up and she is ready to start living her life. She is being courted by Pollux Worthington and really enjoys his friendship. She sees him while she's out one day and follows him to speak to him. When she is caught in an explosion he saves her from harm, takes her home, and kisses her. But what she doesn't know is that this man is Poll's twin brother Castor. She's furious when she discovers the...more
Michele Lacroix
I don't know why but I got a third of the way through this book and couldn't finish it. I think it's because of the fact Cas and Poll. As someone else said there was to much about the Worthington clan.
Ada
My emotions on this book varies as it did while I was reading it. I was on an emotional rollercoaster since I do love Celeste Bradley's books as well as the Worthington family itself. But the story had me both loving and hating it in turns.

I guess we shouldn't have been surprised that twins got a bit of a shared story. Cas and Poll both fancied the same widow (Miranda Talbot) and turned their courtships into a wager. The only difference is Poll had known her longer while Cas was basing more on h...more
Cocktails and Books
This romance by Celeste Bradley was wonderfully written. I enjoyed her writing style, her characters and the story itself. She just has an innate ability to make the story come to life right before your eyes. The pacing is always superb, making it almost impossible to put the book down. Her character development makes the players in the story seem so real; they could be your friends or your neighbors. The humor, wit and charm that she pours into her writing warms the chemistry between the charac...more
Lover of Romance
Before he could stop himself, he reached for her, his hands closing over her shoulders as he pulled her close to press against his body. A startled sound escaped her lips before he covered them with his. He fell, hard and spiraling, into the wet, sweet wonder of her mouth. Miranda's mouth had powers the like of which he'd never known. Kissing Miranda felt like flying, like falling, like spinning out of control and never wishing to land.

Miranda Talbot, has recently become a widow, and she is fin...more
Dottie
A delightfully madcap new historical romance! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

After being part of a loveless marriage, under the domineering thumb of her sister-in-law, Constance, Mrs. Miranda Talbot, a widow, has no plans to ever marry again. Her husband left her well off, leaving her the family home, to the dismay of her sister-in-law. Now almost two years after her husband’s death, Miranda is coming out of her official mourning period and longs to start living. She is being courted...more
Rebecca
Sometimes you just look at someone and there's an instant connection. Mira and Cas were such a strong couple. I loved it that she just rolled with everything and accepted Cas for who he was, flaws and everything. Even when he acted like a man and messed it all up. I am anxious to read Poll's story to see what happened to him. Attie changed a lot in this book as well. I'm reserving my opinion on her character until she can prove that she's not hiding being a raging psycho in future books.
pauliree
I think I'm in love with the Worthingtons. The whole family appeals to me and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the stories. I thought that the first one of this series was first rate, with Ren Porter coming in to it from the previous series that Bradley had written so I gave that 5 stars but I enjoyed this one even more.

Bradley is not afraid to push the envelope. You don't often get S&M in historicals so that hot love scene took me a little by surprise, but it was pretty tame for S&M...more
Carole-Ann
Ummm, not quite sure, and didn't quite hit the spot like most of Ms Bradley's books do. Good enjoyable read though.
Maddie
This book was really enticing! I enjoyed reading it, my heart was pounding through the whole thing!!!
Deb Cutler
I can't wait for Attie to age enough to have her own book.

As a mother of identical twins, I like anything that points out that looking identical doesn't make you the same in every way.

Also I was happy to see no mention of a three way relationship. That was my first fear at reading the blurb, but I so enjoyed the last book I gave it a try.

This book did not disappoint. It was a very fun read. The last sentence was jaw dropping.
Debbie
Does this look good, then read my interview with Celeste find out why she describes her Worthington Clan this way "The Worthingtons are a family of madcap artists, inventors and misfits living in Regency era London. I like to describe them as "the Bennets meet the Weasleys!" Eight grown siblings. Imagine the possibilities!"

Terri
Great sex between the H/h! It just didn't feel like the H/h really connected tho. It didn't feel they were in madly in love with each other. The flow of the book seemed to be off too. Oh well, I can't wait to read the next one from Ms. Bradley. Loved Button and Cabot. I hope they have a happy ending coming soon.
Jen Pezzotti
3 1/2 stars. the hero seemed immature and after I figured out he was 21 I can see why. And Miranda was married at 18 and was married for a dozen years making her at least 30. I don't like when the heroine is that much older than the hero. Although she seemed just as immature as Poll and Cas.
Ellen Griffith
I thought this book was absolutely delicious .... I recently read somewhere every GOOD girl has a BAD side it just takes the right MAN to bring it out of her.... It reminded me of Miranda and Cas..... I love this series!!!!
Virginia
After being really bored and somewhat confused for the first fifty pages or so, I settled into the book and the farce that ensued. I'm sure Attie's story is last since she is the youngest, but I look forward to hers the most.
Michelle
Around the middle, this became more than your average historical romance. But then Pol reveals his news to Cas and it all goes sideways. Grrr. I did like the kooky colorful Worthingtons. And Addie, of course.
Christy Quesenberry
I love the Worthingtons. I'm a little disappointed that Cabot is gay. I was hoping for a future match with him and Atlanta. Cas and Pol are perfect. I was torn between who Miranda should choose.
Liz Stevens
I cried for about a half an hour finishing this book. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it at first, but I did, very much so. Except for the whole crying thing.
I just couldn't get into it. The love triangle aspect annoyed me and I was getting bored.
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
  • A Midsummer Bride (Marriage Mart, #2)
  • Secrets of a Runaway Bride (Secret Brides, #2)
  • Lady Jenny's Christmas Portrait (The Duke's Daughters, #5) (Windham, #8)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • Sins of a Ruthless Rogue (Sinners Trio, #2)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella Sisterhood, #2)
  • And the Miss Ran Away With The Rake (Rhymes With Love, #2)
  • The Devil of Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #1)
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
  • Let It Be Me (The Blue Raven, #5)
  • The Conquest of Lady Cassandra (Fairbourne Quartet, #2)
  • When the Marquess Met His Match (An American Heiress in London, #1)
  • A Rake's Midnight Kiss (Sons of Sin, #2)
  • How to Tame Your Duke (A Princess In Hiding, #1)
  • The Ruin of a Rogue (The Wild Quartet, #2)
  • That Scandalous Summer (Rules for the Reckless, #1)
  • How to Entice an Enchantress (The Duchess Diaries, #3)
  • Lady in Red (Mad Passions, #2)
Celeste Bradley is the author of Fallen, which was nominated for a RITA in 2002, and The Pretender, the first book in the Liars series. According to Bradley, the best thing about writing is that she finally gets to use the brain full of trivia she's collected over a lifetime of living in eight states, residing in over twenty homes, and changing her major five times. "It was research for my writing...more
More about Celeste Bradley...
The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1) To Wed a Scandalous Spy (Royal Four, #1) Duke Most Wanted (Heiress Brides, #3) Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1) The Spy (Liar's Club #3)