Start by marking “And Then Comes Marriage” as Want to Read:
And Then Comes Marriage

And Then Comes Marriage (Wicked Worthingtons #2)

AND THEN COMES MARRIAGE

Celeste Bradley
After years of being a quiet, dutiful wife, the recently widowed Mrs. Miranda Talbot is finally free to do as she pleases. As an attractive woman of independent means at a time when few women are, Miranda is suddenly turning heads all around London. When she meets the dashing Mr. Castor Worthington, she is swept away by his passion. Is
Published July 30th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about And Then Comes Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then Comes Marriage

SidneyKay
Jun 27, 2013 SidneyKay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-regency
Klio
Aug 06, 2013 Klio rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was expecting some sort of regency romp, however the kinky spanking bits were entirely unexpected and rather off putting...... really not my cup of tea.

(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/09/review-...

Favorite Quote: “I know what it’s like to get it all wrong. To do nothing but harm when you meant only the best.”

Book two in Ms. Bradley’s Worthington series, And Then Comes Marriage, is the story of Pollux (Poll) and Castor (Cas) Worthington. Dubbed the Devilish Duo, these outrageous twins use their looks, charm, and competitive nature to play games of the heart with women. When Poll meets the lovely rich widow Miranda Talbot, he seek
Lover of Romance
Before he could stop himself, he reached for her, his hands closing over her shoulders as he pulled her close to press against his body. A startled sound escaped her lips before he covered them with his. He fell, hard and spiraling, into the wet, sweet wonder of her mouth. Miranda's mouth had powers the like of which he'd never known. Kissing Miranda felt like flying, like falling, like spinning out of control and never wishing to land.

Miranda Talbot, has recently become a widow, and she is fin
Sarah Eiseman
Oct 05, 2013 Sarah Eiseman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted on Romance Around the Corner (http://romance-around-the-corner.blog...

I first read Celeste Bradley when she co-authored a book with one of my favorite contemporary authors, Susan Donovan. The book, recently republished under the name Unbound, follows a story of a courtesan and her diary of sexual exploration. It was a fabulous read, but more importantly it introduced me to Bradley. I'm not usually a huge historical fan, but Bradley has a way to keep me laughing, sometimes cryi
Christine
Although I loved "When She Said I Do," the first book in the Worthington series, I wasn't sure if I was going to like the sequel. But I took a chance, and I'm glad I did.

When we met the Worthingtons in the first book, I thought they were way over-the-top crazy. They were way past eccentric, and I just couldn't see how I would care enough about them to read more. And..as other reviewers have noted, there's waaay too much about them in this story. As the saying goes.."less is more."

In this story,
Lorka
I just finished reading the first book in this series... and it was horrible. There is too much focus on trying to introduce the other members of the Worthington family members. Seriously, they are mentioned with every other thought and comment, it is overwhelming when you just want to read about the two main characters. The other odd thing is the love scenes.... more focus is trying to make them kinky and erotic instead of romantic. So I will not read this book #2 and I will take it to the used ...more
Eve
Sep 02, 2015 Eve rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historique
C'était pas particulièrement mauvais (l'héroïne avait une tête sur les épaules pour une fois) ni particulièrement bon non plus. Pour quelque chose qui est censé être du pur divertissement, ça aurait pu être plus palpitant, honnêtement.

Par contre, l'auteure n'a pas été cheap sur les scènes sexy et elle ne se gêne pas pour utiliser les vrais mots... Il n'est pas question de membre ou de caverne ici, oh que non! Haha!
Jen Pezzotti
3 1/2 stars. the hero seemed immature and after I figured out he was 21 I can see why. And Miranda was married at 18 and was married for a dozen years making her at least 30. I don't like when the heroine is that much older than the hero. Although she seemed just as immature as Poll and Cas.
Michele Lacroix
I don't know why but I got a third of the way through this book and couldn't finish it. I think it's because of the fact Cas and Poll. As someone else said there was to much about the Worthington clan.
Kathy
Aug 22, 2013 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Emily
May 05, 2017 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, regency
So, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one. In the previous book, I thought that the Worthington family was a bit too wacky for me, and I'm not really a fan Crazy Twin Hijinks, but I actually liked this.

Miranda Talbot is a young widow who is just starting to come out of mourning. Her entire life she has been tightly buttoned up, first living under the strict rule of her grandmother, then under the thumb of her much older husband and his spinster sister. This is the first time in her life
Cat
Oct 26, 2016 Cat rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
not that great
Susan
Very good book that is funny in some places and emotional in others. Miranda's two years of mourning are up and she is ready to start living her life. She is being courted by Pollux Worthington and really enjoys his friendship. She sees him while she's out one day and follows him to speak to him. When she is caught in an explosion he saves her from harm, takes her home, and kisses her. But what she doesn't know is that this man is Poll's twin brother Castor. She's furious when she discovers the ...more
Mary
Aug 17, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

From some of the reviews I have read about this book on Amazon and other sites, I may get a little flack for mine here at All About Romance. I liked this book. I read this book from cover to cover in one sitting. There are a few problems with the book, but they were minor and not enough to interfere with the enjoyability of the story in my opinion.

Miranda Talbot is a widow just out of half mourning and infatuated for the first time in her life. After twelv
Dottie
Jul 20, 2013 Dottie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightfully madcap new historical romance! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

After being part of a loveless marriage, under the domineering thumb of her sister-in-law, Constance, Mrs. Miranda Talbot, a widow, has no plans to ever marry again. Her husband left her well off, leaving her the family home, to the dismay of her sister-in-law. Now almost two years after her husband’s death, Miranda is coming out of her official mourning period and longs to start living. She is being courted
Ada
Feb 01, 2013 Ada rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My emotions on this book varies as it did while I was reading it. I was on an emotional rollercoaster since I do love Celeste Bradley's books as well as the Worthington family itself. But the story had me both loving and hating it in turns.

I guess we shouldn't have been surprised that twins got a bit of a shared story. Cas and Poll both fancied the same widow (Miranda Talbot) and turned their courtships into a wager. The only difference is Poll had known her longer while Cas was basing more on h
Cocktails and Books
This romance by Celeste Bradley was wonderfully written. I enjoyed her writing style, her characters and the story itself. She just has an innate ability to make the story come to life right before your eyes. The pacing is always superb, making it almost impossible to put the book down. Her character development makes the players in the story seem so real; they could be your friends or your neighbors. The humor, wit and charm that she pours into her writing warms the chemistry between the charac ...more
pauliree
I think I'm in love with the Worthingtons. The whole family appeals to me and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the stories. I thought that the first one of this series was first rate, with Ren Porter coming in to it from the previous series that Bradley had written so I gave that 5 stars but I enjoyed this one even more.

Bradley is not afraid to push the envelope. You don't often get S&M in historicals so that hot love scene took me a little by surprise, but it was pretty tame for S&
Taffy
Dec 27, 2014 Taffy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The twin thing was a little weird, but the eccentric Worthington family is so much fun. It's nice to have a widowed heroine (read: not a virgin) heroine for a change, and it does change the story, because she starts off as a confident, independent woman of means, and goes on from there. Both twins are likeable (uh oh!), as is the heroine, Miranda, but little sister Atalanta and her friend Button steal the scenes at times. I'm glad they do, because I liked those parts the best. The romantic tensi ...more
Angela
Sep 27, 2015 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My emotions were all over the place while reading this book. First, I was intrigued by the twins unknowingly court the same woman. Then I was annoyed when they agreed to KNOWINGLY continue to do so. The fact that Miranda allowed it was a little alarming. And then, about halfway through, I was disgusted because she wouldn't decide between the two of them, or send her other suitor (who she never seemed to remember was there) packing.

Attie, Button, and Cabot were the redeeming characters in this b
Holly
Jun 01, 2015 Holly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You know, it's always a lot of fun to read about families that are crazier than your own. Like, you just sit there going, "Thank God MY family doesn't do that!" (But you know that they totally do, just in their own way.)

Anyway, it's always fun to come back and see what the Worthingtons are up to. I didn't remember a whole lot about the family because it's been a while since I read the first book in the series, but I quickly remembered.

I was really leery about how they were going to pull of this
Rebecca
Sometimes you just look at someone and there's an instant connection. Mira and Cas were such a strong couple. I loved it that she just rolled with everything and accepted Cas for who he was, flaws and everything. Even when he acted like a man and messed it all up. I am anxious to read Poll's story to see what happened to him. Attie changed a lot in this book as well. I'm reserving my opinion on her character until she can prove that she's not hiding being a raging psycho in future books.
Debbie
Does this look good, then read my interview with Celeste find out why she describes her Worthington Clan this way "The Worthingtons are a family of madcap artists, inventors and misfits living in Regency era London. I like to describe them as "the Bennets meet the Weasleys!" Eight grown siblings. Imagine the possibilities!"

Deb
Nov 03, 2013 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
I can't wait for Attie to age enough to have her own book.

As a mother of identical twins, I like anything that points out that looking identical doesn't make you the same in every way.

Also I was happy to see no mention of a three way relationship. That was my first fear at reading the blurb, but I so enjoyed the last book I gave it a try.

This book did not disappoint. It was a very fun read. The last sentence was jaw dropping.
Marlene
May 29, 2016 Marlene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did not like that the heroine was so weak and passive and boring and let her SIL move back in. The twins were just silly. Didn't like the ending. I cannot see how this family is so poor and scandalous yet Cas can get an appt and strike a deal with Prinny. The child Attie is allowed to run wild with her hair not combed and visit mens homes. Seems kind of unbelievable.
Terri
Jul 29, 2013 Terri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great sex between the H/h! It just didn't feel like the H/h really connected tho. It didn't feel they were in madly in love with each other. The flow of the book seemed to be off too. Oh well, I can't wait to read the next one from Ms. Bradley. Loved Button and Cabot. I hope they have a happy ending coming soon.
Ellen Shingleton
I thought this book was absolutely delicious .... I recently read somewhere every GOOD girl has a BAD side it just takes the right MAN to bring it out of her.... It reminded me of Miranda and Cas..... I love this series!!!!
Virginia
After being really bored and somewhat confused for the first fifty pages or so, I settled into the book and the farce that ensued. I'm sure Attie's story is last since she is the youngest, but I look forward to hers the most.
Michelle
Around the middle, this became more than your average historical romance. But then Pol reveals his news to Cas and it all goes sideways. Grrr. I did like the kooky colorful Worthingtons. And Addie, of course.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Mar 08, 2015 10:54AM
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • A Midsummer Bride (Marriage Mart, #2)
  • Sins of a Ruthless Rogue (Sinners Trio, #2)
  • How to Tame Your Duke (A Princess In Hiding, #1)
  • The Conquest of Lady Cassandra (Fairbourne Quartet, #2)
  • The Trouble With Being a Duke (At the Kingsborough Ball, #1)
  • Lover Be Mine (Legendary Lovers, #2)
  • Lady Jenny's Christmas Portrait (The Duke's Daughters, #5; Windham, #8)
  • My Notorious Gentleman (The Inferno Club, #6)
  • A Rake's Midnight Kiss (Sons of Sin, #2)
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
  • Secrets of a Runaway Bride (Secret Brides, #2)
  • The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2)
  • What a Wicked Earl Wants (The Sinful Scoundrels, #1)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella Sisterhood, #2)
  • Beauty and the Bounty Hunter (Once Upon a Time in the West, #1)
  • Love on a Midsummer Night (Shakespeare in Love, #2)
  • How to Lose a Bride in One Night (Forgotten Princesses, #3)
Celeste Bradley is the author of Fallen, which was nominated for a RITA in 2002, and The Pretender, the first book in the Liars series. According to Bradley, the best thing about writing is that she finally gets to use the brain full of trivia she's collected over a lifetime of living in eight states, residing in over twenty homes, and changing her major five times. "It was research for my writing ...more
More about Celeste Bradley...

Wicked Worthingtons (5 books)
  • When She Said I Do (Worthington, #1)
  • With This Ring (Worthington, #3)
  • I Thee Wed (Worthington, #4)
  • Wedded Bliss (Worthington, #5)