Start by marking “My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk, #3)

My Lady Quicksilver (London Steampunk #3)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,100 Ratings  ·  247 Reviews
Determined to destroy the Echelon she despises, Rosalind Fairchild is on seemingly easy mission. Get in. Uncover the secrets of her brother's disappearance. And get out.

In order to infiltrate the Nighthawks and find their leader, Sir Jasper Lynch, Rosalind will pose as their secretary. But she doesn't count on Lynch being such a dangerously charismatic man, challenging her
Mass Market Paperback, 425 pages
Published October 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about My Lady Quicksilver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lady Quicksilver

Magic Rises by Ilona AndrewsArchangel's Legion by Nalini SinghMacRieve by Kresley ColeFifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda JonesStyxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon
2013 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (July - December)
33rd out of 360 books — 1,816 voters
Soulless by Gail CarrigerThe Iron Duke by Meljean BrookClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareChangeless by Gail CarrigerBlameless by Gail Carriger
Steampunk/Romance
18th out of 286 books — 828 voters

More lists with this book...

Jill
Sep 25, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it

Sir Jasper Lynch, Master of the Guild of Nighthawks, has three weeks to find Mercury, the leader of the humanist movement responsible for a recent bombing attack against the Echelon. Rosalind Fairchild's younger brother, Jeremy was caught up in the bombing and has now disappeared. Applying for the position as secretary to Lynch may be just the way in to access any information on Jeremy's whereabouts and fate.

This is yet another thoroughly entertaining instalment in the London Steampunk series. B
Fathima
5 'tis buttons are gonna be the death of me' stars

Lynch speared a hand into her hair with a sharp hiss. “I should take my belt to you for this.” He spilled her back into the chair, his body driving hers into the soft cushions. His eyes were black again but she wasn’t afraid. Not this time. She knew exactly what sort of hunger she’d aroused in him.
She was winning.
“Would you like that, my lord?” She arched her back, sliding her hands up his chest.“Would you like me to bend over your desk and r
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
McMaster has a particular talent with words. She weaves such detailed and intricate scenes that it seems almost impossible not to feel immerged in her world. Such rich, lush backgrounds and multi-faceted characters make her stand out amongst a sea of talented writers. Plot twists here and there only add that shock factor and don't forget the epic romances that she is able to create!

Read this review in its entirety at Fresh Fiction
Lauren
My Lady Quicksilver
4.5 Stars

Rosalind Fairchild, aka Mercury, the leader of the humanist opposition, infiltrates the Nighthawks (the Echelon’s law enforcement arm) by posing as their commander’s new secretary in order to discover the whereabout of her younger brother. Sir Jasper Lynch, head of the Nighthawks, has suffered both discrimination and betrayal, but finds it impossible to resist the charms of the indomitable Mrs. Marberry despite his wariness and lack of trust.

Once again, McMaster prov
Susan (susayq ~)
Oh my! I loved this one! In my humble opinion, the best of the series. Sir Jasper Lynch, THE Nighthawk, was the type of hero I adore. He was strong, handsome, protective, and guarded his heart and his secrets until Rosa got to him. Rosa's secrets were more dangerous than his, and my heart broke a little more each time I saw them getting closer, knowing it would kill him when he finally found out.

This had me captivated so much that it wasn't until I finished the book that I realized we didn't eve
Dina
Great writing, engaging characters and excellent take on the steampunk and the paranormal genres. This series just gets better and better.
Ya~
4.5-stars
I think the books work best if read in order, as the world building, characters and stories are mostly interconnected.

Leader of the revolutionists, Rosa is a trained assassin fighting for the powerless, and the oppressed.

Head of the Nighthawks ( chief of detectives for Echelon), Lynch is a strictly controlled, cunning hero who doesn’t necessarily play by the rules.

He hunts her. She deceives him.

Lynch: “I rarely sin, and when I do, it is completely intentional. I have no need of savi
Joanita
Apr 17, 2016 Joanita rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb-i-own, 4-stars, gr2016
“Before I met you, I was only existing. I wasn’t living life. The last few weeks…as tumultuous as they’ve been, at least I’ve lived them.”

Rosalind was a spy and assassin. Until she was forced between choosing her duty or her husband. But she wasn’t able to save her husband. So for the last eight years she has tried to atone for her past mistakes, trying to realise the dream her husband had of humans no longer being enslaved by the blue bloods. And as Mercury, the head of the human rebellion,

Ami
A couple of days after I finished and I wonder if I can write a more coherent review (compared to my original review that only screams that I LOVE THIS).

One thing for sure, I rated Heart of Iron with 5* because I loved the hero, I loved the heroine, and I loved the additional player that made the arc more complicated. HOWEVER, I must say that My Lady Quicksilver would definitely be the better book, and my FAVORITE yet of the series -- and why I also gave it five stars.

What made this better? The
Jess the Romanceaholic
Review: My Lady Quicksilver - Bec McMaster This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: October 1, 2013Publisher: SourcebooksImprint: CasablancaAuthor’s Website: http://www.becmcmaster.com/My Source for This Book: NetgalleyPart of a Series: Yes, Book 3, London Steampunk SeriesSeries Best Read In Order: Probably, but would stand well on its own.Steam Level: HotPet Peeves: Adultery/Infidelity (Sort Of, Minor)Favorite Tropes: Enemies To Lovers
Beth
Aug 31, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing
In a desperate attempt to find her brother, Rosalind Fairchild decides the best way to discover what happened to him is to apply for the position of secretary to Sir Jasper Lynch (leader of the nighthawks). Entering the enemies den with only her wits to protect her, she quickly discovers that the black and white vision of the world she created is all shades of gray...

I have to admit, I was a little hesitant about this book veering away from previously featured main characters. I did miss that no
Iliada
Sep 24, 2015 Iliada rated it really liked it
Amazing hero and heroine, truly. But the fact that the hero liked two women at the same time, despite the fact that they were one and the same in reality, felt too much like cheating to me. For this reason, I wasn't able to fully enjoy this otherwise wonderful book.
Melindeeloo
4.5 stars - I really liked this enemies to lovers romance between the head of the Nighthawks (Blue Blood 'police') Lynch and the leader of the human resistance Rosalind (Rosa). They are both so controlled initially - him icily and her wickedly - that the tension between them (in both of her guises) is very intense as is the physical part of their relationship when they finally come together.

It was interesting to see another part of the London Steampunk world in this story - with just a minor app
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
Oh.

I'm wearing my sad face at the moment because I don't want to be here giving a Bec McMaster book 2 stars. Especially directly after giving the last one I read - Heart of Iron - 5 stars. But I am so disappointed in this one!

Essentially, everything I loved about books one and two - the sweet, tortured heroes, the feisty yet soft heroines, the perfectly executed buildup of sexual tension - was missing. Both Rosa and Lynch were such different types of characters to what McMaster normally delivers
Sunny
Nov 01, 2013 Sunny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I LOVED it. I would read it again tomorrow.

My Lady Quicksilver is book 3 in Bec McMaster's London Steampunk series. I simply love this series! First a rebel, then a shape shifter verwulfen, and now Ms. McMasters gives us a law man. This story is so delicious it made me giddy with happiness. What's not to like? You have two "outsiders" who represent the extremes of the system - one, a female rebel looking to disrupt the strict caste system, and the other, a man of law and order but not one of the
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3.5/5; 4 stars; B+

I was pleased to see this book on Hoopla so had a chance to listen while doing yard work. Alison Larkin has a voice well suited to the slightly odd British voices.

Anyway, this was a pretty good addition to the series. I was a bit baffled by Mercury's behaviour at times but it was fun to see Jasper Lynch meet his nemesis and find some happiness.
Mei
Sep 08, 2014 Mei rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
WOW!!!

I thought Blade and Honoria's story, but this one is even better!

We met Rosalind in the previous book where she was the almost-villain. Here we find out why she did what she did in Heart of Iron. She's a mech and when I found out how she became it it was heart-breaking. She's hard, seemingly without feelings, but it is all an illusion. On the inside she's terrified, wounded and full of anger - a very justified anger.

Jasper Lynch is The Nighthawk. A tightly reined blue blood, who's fightin
Talk Supe
Oct 18, 2013 Talk Supe rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Braine's Talk Supe review

MY LADY QUICKSILVER is such a rich novel. To reiterate, it has great romance and tension but what I love about it the most is BMcMaster's all encompassing take on the world she created as a whole. Not only does she titillate her readers with bodice ripping romance, she also adds layers of social intrigue to make the plight of her characters believable. Rosa, Jasper and the other characters before them, dealt with equality among species, prejudice and a lot of politicking
Noura
May 11, 2015 Noura rated it it was amazing
(I think this is my favourite so far)

Fast-paced, suspenseful and lots of action, adventure and subterfuge plus some really hot scenes, this is a book that captivated me from the very beginning. The writing is smooth, there's no overly detailed scenarios where one tends to just breeze through to get to the meatier parts, every bit of the story needs to be savoured and pieced together for the full enjoyment.

We have Sir Jasper Lynch, Master of the Guild, cold, intelligent, efficient and very contro
Zoe
Aug 16, 2015 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really impressed with this alternative world Bec McMaster has created. I do not mind the plot holes so much. My rating has a lot to do with characterization. While the story is indeed enthralling, I cannot like the heroine, Rosalind. That, comes as no surprise to me.

The hero Jasper Lynch is perfect. He is everything you want in a romance novel and not an asshole. So I think he would appeal to almost every female reader out there. I cannot find faults in him.

But Rosalind is just not my typ
Arie ☂
This series is back on point! I loved this installment. Mechanical arms, spies, and fun times. Plus, Rosalind and Lynch were HOT. And now I'm super intrigued by Perry and Garrett. On to the next one!
Sophia
The dark streets of London's East End are Lady Mercury's playground and Sir Jasper Lynch, a rogue blueblood and the Nighthawk himself has set his sights on bringing her in. Rosalind knows she's playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse with the most cunning adversary she has ever faced, but pitting herself against Lynch brings her to life in ways she had long forgotten. Gone is the cold-hearted assassin and planner and in her place is a hot-blooded female who enjoys working her wiles on the inte ...more
Sabrina
After the “meh” of the first two books, I liked this one.

What changed?
a) Both the MCs spoke in (mostly) plain english.
b) Finally, a heroine who's not a quivering virgin.
c) Finally, a hero that's a bit educated.

I sound like a pompous snob, I know. But I know what I want in my characters for them to be interesting in a romance. What can I say… I adore Hagrid, but I wouldn't want him starring in a romance novel :D
Blodeuedd Finland
This had to be my favorite in the series so far. I really liked reading about Rosalind aka Mercury and Lynch.

I am so torn. Yes the vampires are bad, but they are good ones too. Yes the humanists have a worthy cause, but some have done bad things too. I do wonder how it will all turn out in the end...

Rosalind then, who is also Mercury, leader of the Humanists. She was resourceful and strong. Lynch was also strong and well he did not have to do much, I just thought he was such a hottie. He is the
Saly
Sep 27, 2015 Saly rated it really liked it
Oooh I didn't think I would like the heroine in this one but I did, she was devious, resourceful and oh so damaged by her past. While the hero was one of those deliciously in control men. I loved the romance, even the subterfuge part.
~Leslie~
Mar 01, 2014 ~Leslie~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-aldiko
Number three in the series and it is by far my favorite. Loved this story. The world that Bec McMaster has created is so interesting and different. In this story we have a continuation from book 2 but it focuses on Mercury who is the leader of the rebellious humans and Lynch who is head of the Nighthawks and charged with finding her and bringing her to justice or being executed if he fails. Lynch and Rosaling (otherwise known as Mercury) are amazing together and the action is non-stop. The inten ...more
Karissa
Dec 07, 2014 Karissa rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the London Steampunk series by McMaster. This was by far the best book in this series so far. This series is definitely more romance than steampunk, but we do get a lot more steampunk elements in this book than in previous ones and the main story makes a lot of progress as well.

Rosalind Fairchild, also known as Mercury (the leader of the human resistance), is determined to find out what became of her brother and to destroy the Echelon. Her quest to find her brother Jeremy
May Mostly Romance
Jan 20, 2014 May Mostly Romance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steampunk
ตอนแรกจะใหเลมนีสีดาวคะ แตพอเชควา ตัวเองใหคะแนนเรือง Kiss of Steel ไปหาดาว กเลยเปลียนเพิมใหอีกหนึงดวง เพราะแมวา เลมนีจะมีหลายองคประกอบทีอาจจะไมไดลงตัวสมบูรณแบบ แตเรากเพลิดเพลินไปกับการอานเรืองนีอยางมาก และชอบไมนอยไปกวาเรือง Kiss of Steel เลย (อีกอยางคิดวา ปีนีจะเปนคนใจดีมากขึน)

วาไปแลว หากเราไดอานเลมนีกอนวันสินปี ตอนทีเราเลือกหนังสือสิบอันดับในดวงใจสิบเรือง ยังไงกคงจะมีเลมนีติดอันดับดวยแน

เหตุผลทีเราอานเลมนีชา เพราะไมแนใจเกียวกับพลอตเทาไหร เราคิดวา เลมนีนาจะคอนขางเครียด เพราะจะเปนเรืองการตอสูระหวา
Jackie
Jan 08, 2014 Jackie rated it liked it
Another steamy steampunk romance from McMaster, with the same holes in plotting logic and occasionally awkward writing that plague her earlier books. Our heroine, the leader of an underground anti-government group, goes undercover with the Nighthawks (steampunk police) in order to try and find her younger brother, missing since a bomb plot in which he was involved went awry. Pages and pages pass while Rosalind trots out to crime scenes with the hunky taciturn Master of the Nighthawks, Sir Jasper ...more
Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)
This review was originally posted at The Book Nympho

So it seems that books 1, 1.5 and 2 is one story ARC that follows connecting characters around and now My Lady Quicksilver picks up the story thread that started at the end of the previous book, Heart of Iron . And judging by the summary of the next book, Forged by Desire and it's prequel novella, The Curious Case of the Clockwork Menace, there's an another set of stories that connect through the secondary characters of My Lady Quicksilver
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2015 09:53PM
  • Evernight (Darkest London, #5)
  • Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)
  • Gilded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #2)
  • Prince of Hearts (The Elders and Welders Chronicles, #1)
  • Gossamer Wing (Steam and Seduction, #1)
  • Touch of Steel (Clockwork Agents, #2)
  • Wicked as She Wants (Blud, #2)
Bec McMaster is the award-winning author of the London Steampunk series. A member of RWA, she writes sexy, dark paranormals, and adventurous steampunk romances, and grew up with her nose in a book. Following a life-long love affair with fantasy, she discovered romance novels as a 16 year-old, and hasn't looked back.

In 2012, Sourcebooks released her debut novel, Kiss of Steel, the first in the Lon
More about Bec McMaster...

London Steampunk (6 books)
  • Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1)
  • Heart of Iron (London Steampunk, #2)
  • Forged by Desire (London Steampunk, #4)
  • Of Silk and Steam (London Steampunk, #5)
  • Mission: Improper (London Steampunk, #6)

“Rosa—I wish—” Her tongue, hot and wet. Her hands grabbing him by the shirt so that he couldn’t get away. “I wish I could give you forever.” “I’ll take tonight.” 0 likes
“Or perhaps simply the touch of a man, the warm companionship, the feeling that someone would look after her, instead of always being the one to look after everyone else.” 0 likes