Start by marking “The Life is Too Short Collection” as Want to Read:
The Life is Too Short Collection

The Life is Too Short Collection

Are you looking for a fabulous life boost today?

The Life is Too Short series is just what you need. Written by Connie Sokol—mother of seven, author, speaker, and amazing matching sock finder—these humorous self-development columns give you just the right amount of fun and functional.

Originally written for a major newspaper and magazines, you can now enjoy the entire collec
ebook
Published January 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Life is Too Short Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life is Too Short Collection

Melanie
Apr 17, 2013 Melanie rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reading these kind of books. The columns are short so I was able to read here and there for a few minutes at a time. She breaks her essays down into three sections: Woman, Wife and Mother. As women, we tend to be too hard on ourselves sometimes so she starts by suggesting that we loosen up and relax. She shares stories about how her own family can look so perfect from the outside when people don't know what happened behind the scenes to get to that point. There's no need to be Superwoman ...more
Liberty Ann Ireland

My Review:

Connie is right. There. I said it. She says it like it is. Being a Woman, a Wife, a Mom is H.A.R.D. We make it harder. That is right, we females make it harder on ourselves. But she doesn't stop there. No. Connie points out what we can do to help ourselves, make life easier and ourselves (thus everyone around us) happier. Yep. You heard me. HAPPIER. She even gives examples and does all of this with love, sarcasm and humor. It is a fast read as each 'chapter' was originally an article s
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I don't read many self help books, mainly because I have determined that life is too short for boredom. Connie does not bore me, in fact I find myself enjoying every word she puts on the page.

Her writing style is quick and full of whit. She brings the challenges faced by women into practical and doable situations. She helps me to determine what is important, and mostly that I am important. Being a wife and a mother is hard. She uses her life situations to illustrate that point, and show joy and
 CCAM&GZM
Apr 19, 2013 CCAM&GZM rated it it was amazing

“You could smile, Mother, you could just smile.”

Usually I do not read self-help book genre, but certainly I recommend you to read "Life is too short" by Connie E Sokol. It's not because I would feel somehow obliged be part in the tour, but simply because I liked.

Whether you're starting out or already you are tried by life, I think it will give you a point of view and help you get to live your life as you want and deserve, in full. You will find either a confirmation that what you do is good, eit
Aimee Laine
May 01, 2013 Aimee Laine rated it really liked it
This is the second of Connie Sokol’s books that I’ve read. What I like about them, what draws me to them, is their simple method of just telling us like it is, in a way that doesn’t demean, doesn’t point fingers and doesn’t say ‘you’re bad for doing things your way’ even if ‘your way’ hasn’t been working. At first, I didn’t think Life’s too Short would apply to me … until I finished reading page two. Ha! You see, the whole book applies to me.

How? Why?

Because I’m a woman. I’m a mom. I’m … human.

T
Beth  (Curling Up With A Good Book)
Apr 17, 2013 Beth (Curling Up With A Good Book) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour
I truly loved reading this inspirational book. From the first page I was inspired and just absolutely indulged myself in every word. Connie Sokol is so honest and touched on so many points that felt so familiar to me. It is nice to see that other women experience these times and emotions. One of my favorite parts of the book was an excerpt at the very beginning.

"Lately, I’ve been thinking about realities. Like the
reality that you have four pairs of fabulous jeans in the
closet but you can only fi
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Apr 26, 2013 Donna McBroom-Theriot rated it it was amazing
"Forgive. Anger and resentment - even when justified - suppress our natural joy and motivation to live, love, and do. So in the end, we only rob ourselves, clinging to this heavy load that becomes an obstacle to our joy. But forgiving isn't about being unwise. If someone has done something horrible to you and obviously has not changed, you don't go asking for trouble."

"Find your unique self and share it. Too often women lose a sense of self, then become resentful that their family only sees them
M R
Apr 11, 2013 M R rated it it was amazing
If your spirits are down, if you need a good laugh, or just a good dose of therapy, this book is a must read. I laughed until my sides hurt at the many hilarious, real-life experiences Connie shares as she offers women a healthy reality-check.
Here are some of my favorite lines and titles:

"Superwoman needs to hit hyperspace."

"Therapy by Harry!" (Yes, as in Harry Potter.)

"It's time to squeeze the guilt sponge and let the guilt drain out."

Love is Like a Leaky Faucet

And...

Stop Being a Bossy Pants

A
Katie W
Apr 18, 2016 Katie W rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Connie Sokol has an amazing gift! She is able to give hope, entertain, give helpful tips, and say it like it is, in a very tender way. Sometimes these types of books all seem to say basically the same thing, making me feel guilty for not measuring up, or overwhelmed by all I have to change, but I was amazed to actually learn a few new things and to feel good about it! Maybe they were just told in a way that rang a bell with me, but whatever it is, I have a new perspective on life and have ...more
Ruth Hill
Apr 18, 2013 Ruth Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, 2013-reads
Well, Connie has done it again! I absolutely love her books, and this one focuses on being all you can be as a woman. This resonated with me. In fact, I have to admit that I she inspired me to do a dream board. I was reminded why I have a blog and am working as hard as I am to accomplish my goals and dreams while being a single mom. Connie is so easy to read and relate to. She speaks in real language. When you pick up one of her books, you will not be subjected to the normal "garbage" (pardon ...more
Christina M Condy
This was a fun little book to read. It was chock full of little tidbits of wisdom. It happened to come at just the right time in my life since I am currently undergoing a metamorphosis and remaking myself.

I loved the part about having faith in my dreams. It took a lot for me to finally start to following them. And now that I am, there is just no stopping me. This book has some fun little things to simplify life as well.

This would make a fabulous Mother's Day gift to that special mom out there!
Shauna
Apr 30, 2013 Shauna rated it it was amazing
I LOVE books like this!

Short, funny chapters make it a quick pick it up... read a little... put it down... go on with life... pick it up again...put it down... ponder... pick it up again...etc.

Each chapter is its own story of the wonderment of all that it means in being female.

So put life on hold, take a deep breath, and dive into these pages.

They will leave you renewed, refreshed, and rejuvenated....

And along the way you will find that humor really does help you find the joy in being a woman, a
Cathy
Apr 12, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing
This is a collection of short, inspiring essays that will leave you wanting more. Each essay fits into one of three categories (Woman, Wife, or Mother) helping you to enjoy your journey through each of these 3 aspects of your life. These essays are filled with humorous true stories from Connie's own life and inspiring advice helping you to want to be a better person and also to know that you are okay just as you are. I loved reading each and every one of these stories, they left me wanting to ...more
Maureen Timerman
Apr 29, 2013 Maureen Timerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
What an enjoyable very quick, and often witty read. You will get pulled in and start turning the pages for Connie's Gems of Wisdom.
One thought...she said going to the book store, and doing research with some of your own books. Then feeling like someone will think you stole your own books....how true!! I could just see me doing this!
I will keep this delightful book handy for a pick up. You can do it girl!!

I received this book through I Am A Reader, Not A Writer Blog Tours, and was not required to
Fay Klingler
May 06, 2013 Fay Klingler rated it really liked it
This delightful, easy-reader is perfect for gift giving, especially for young mothers. Connie’s wit and wisdom give us not only ideas for workable solutions, but hope and true I've-been-there examples to teach us. She doesn't send us on a perfect-mom guilt trip, one of the things I particularly liked about the Life Is Too Short Collection. The author provides simple, yet highly meaningful advice on how to enjoy life and mothering.
Inspired Kathy
Feb 02, 2013 Inspired Kathy marked it as to-read
Julie
Oct 18, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
Such a great book for moms. Great practical advice to help you connect better as a spouse and mother. Really enjoyed the tips.
Amber
Nov 29, 2015 Amber rated it really liked it
If you want a book you can read in 5 minute increments, that will be both uplifting and humorous, this is a great book that covers all those points.
Sonjah
Sonjah rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2013
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Connie Sokol
Oct 18, 2013 Connie Sokol rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Connie Sokol
Oct 18, 2013 Connie Sokol rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Laura rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Shaunna Gonzales
Shaunna Gonzales rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2013
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Saba N  Taylor
Saba N Taylor rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Ramona McConkie
Ramona McConkie rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2013
jennifer jo schmuhl
jennifer jo schmuhl rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2016