Start by marking “Beyond the Shadows” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Shadows

Beyond the Shadows (The Shadow Series #1)

"A violent shudder travelled up my spine, each vertebrae snapping together like a zip lock, all my muscles tensed but I couldn’t tear myself away from the image ..."

If your shadow was trying to consume you, how would you run from it?

What if you were afraid of something you could never escape?

Selena Parker’s journey into the unknown begins in her dreams, but the consequence
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 304 pages
Published 2013

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Shadows

Aditi
Sep 18, 2014 Aditi rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
This is something which is going to give you chills till the very last pages. Beyond the Shadows by Anna Hub is going to scare your guts out and keep you thrilled till the very end. And as quoted by the author Louisa May Alcott that "Some people seemed to get all sunshine, and some all shadow…", similarly, Selena Parker's life in Beyond the Shadowsis haunted by only shadows and how she learns to hide herself from her very own shadows.

A huge thanks to the author, Anna Hub, for sending me over
Lisa Swallow
May 18, 2013 Lisa Swallow rated it it was amazing
I love urban fantasy and this didn't disappoint! An original story with well developed characters and great pacing. I recommend this book and will definitely be reading the others in the series.
Tony Talbot
May 14, 2014 Tony Talbot rated it liked it
What would happen if your shadow was trying to consume you? Selena Parker is about to find out...

Selena is leading a normal life until a man in a restaurant tells her to watch her shadow. Dismissing his concerns at first, she comes to realise it's moving and shifting on its own. She places a hand on it, and falls through to a primitive jungle world, then again and again, each time spending less time in the real world.

Selena's responses are entirely realistic when she realises she can fall throug
Kayla D
A free digital copy of this book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review

I’ve been really terrified of alternate universes ever since I watched the movie, Insidious. Then I tried lucid dreaming, and the results were far from pretty. The same can be said for Beyond the Shadows and to make it worse, I read this from 8 pm onwards. Just to reiterate; worst. Idea. Ever.

Beyond the Shadows deals with a scary alternate world filed with deadly hunters and even deadlier cats. To reach
D.S. Williams
Dec 08, 2014 D.S. Williams rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from the author and the debut novel of a brilliant new talent in urban fantasy, Anna Hub.

Ms. Hub has created an amazing premise for a story, something truly unique and the depth of her world building was quite distinctive and truly fascinating. Obviously a great deal of thought had gone into what could happen to her characters and how they would relate to the environment they were thrust into with no control over what happens to them.

Selena Parker is experiencing
Satarupa
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book.

I really enjoyed this book a lot and the loved the concept very much, well if by love you mean getting scared of my own shadow!!!

This book is full of descriptive scenes that you'll feel like the chilling and horrific incidents are happening in front of your own eyes and that was really a great experi
Sharon
Feb 02, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it
Shelves: jan-2014
I received this book in exchange for a review.

Selena's world is about to change. She meets a man at a restaurant that warns her about the shadows. She doesn't understand his warning until she "blacks out" several times. Each time she finds herself in a strange and dangerous world. Selena begins to search for the man. She eventually finds him in a mental hospital. When he wakes, he warns her not to tell anybody what is happening to her or she'll be admitted too.

Selena and Brayden join forces in S
S.D. Wasley
Apr 04, 2016 S.D. Wasley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal thriller lovers
Intriguing story of Selena whose shadow seems to have a life of its own, sucking her into a secret and dangerous world whenever she least expects it. I love the originality of this story. I read a lot of paranormal and I haven't found anything like this. The main character is likeable and you feel a lot of sympathy for her, especially in relation to her grief over what's happening to her and the way it affects her family. The action is continuous and unpredictable. The main male character ...more
Linda
Nov 15, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
I was given this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Book one of The Shadow Series starts with Selena Parker and her family having dinner at a restaurant when she saw a man staring at her strangely. She decided that she needed to get away from the tense dinner and excused herself to go to the ladies room, but instead she went out to the patio for some air, but the man followed her. Then next thing he said was to be aware of the shadows as they were after her. She quickly left him fearing he ...more
Rebecca Raisin
Oct 26, 2013 Rebecca Raisin rated it it was amazing
This was a new genre for me and I absolutely loved it. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. The quality of the writing stood out for me - will attempt to read more books outside my comfort zone in future.
Melissa ownsbey
Sep 03, 2013 Melissa ownsbey rated it it was amazing
love it i liked the cover as well this book rocked it had everything i look fior in a book good book
Melissa Spillman
Sep 08, 2016 Melissa Spillman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very interesting read!! different, not like anything I have actually read before...i am looking forward to getting the next book and reading what happens next!!!
Julie Donovan
Good storyline

The book held my interest, well written and executed very well. I am interested in reading the next book in the series.
Feb 13, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
Good book.I liked the shadow world, it's very interesting. I would recommended this for anyone looking for a mystery and strange.
Jenna Robertson
Jenna Robertson rated it it was amazing
Alyssa Davies
Alyssa Davies rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2013
Leah Dempster
Leah Dempster rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
Tanya A Nance
Tanya A Nance rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Annette Advani
Annette Advani rated it it was amazing
Alexandra  Harris
Jun 15, 2013 Alexandra Harris rated it it was ok
This was a R4R and I will only post honest opinions.

*** Review to Come***
Anna Hub
Mar 27, 2013 Anna Hub rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Courtney Filigenzi
Courtney Filigenzi rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Lamar Jackson
Lamar Jackson rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Joan Burbank
Joan Burbank rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Alexandar Tomov
Alexandar Tomov rated it it was amazing
phyllis devries
phyllis devries rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Paudie Hayes
Paudie Hayes marked it as to-read
Nitoskasaint
Nitoskasaint marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Gaijinmama
Gaijinmama marked it as to-read
Marwa A.
Marwa A. marked it as to-read
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2013
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Yuzhu
Yuzhu marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2013
Muna
Muna marked it as to-read
Magic Within the Pages
Magic Within the Pages marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Billie Jo
Billie Jo marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Francoise
Francoise marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Melissa Vasel
Melissa Vasel is currently reading it
Oct 24, 2013
Jake Styles
Jake Styles marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Judith Greene
Judith Greene marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Karen Siddall
Karen Siddall marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Jennifer R  Ricketts
Jennifer R Ricketts marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Thomas Carollo
Thomas Carollo marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Anna Hub is a paranormal/thriller author from Perth, Western Australia. She qualified as a nurse in her early twenties but in 2007, decided to chase her childhood dream of becoming an author instead. Since then, she's surrendered her heart and soul to writing.

Although terrified of horror movies, Anna loves to write on the dark side and explore uncharted mythologies. She believes our imaginations
More about Anna Hub...

The Shadow Series (4 books)
  • Shadow Hunters