Start by marking “The Early To Rise Experience: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days” as Want to Read:
The Early To Rise Experience: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days

The Early To Rise Experience: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  23 reviews
love being up early. If you're willing to take one minute a day to change your life then you can become an early riser. I wrote this book because as a father of three kids under five I needed time to work on myself and my business without neglecting my family. I found that time in the morning and it has changed my life forever.
You need more than a book to build a habit
Ins
Published January 25th 2013 by Take Permission Media Press

To ask other readers questions about The Early To Rise Experience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Early To Rise Experience

Debra
I was really excited to get this book. I felt it came at a time when I really needed to start rising early. I found the introduction part of the book to be very inspirational. However, I felt the daily readings and tips were not very helpful. There were definitely some helpful daily readings, but there were a lot of technology driven tips and promotions for other authors. This books seems to have a very narrow audience, and I couldn't relate to a lot of it. It seems very geared toward the Christ ...more
Ian
Andy's ebook is very practical providing 30 days of tips for what to do to assist someone who desires to start getting up early. I particularly liked the very simple idea of becoming friends with your alarm clock or app. He even names his: Fred. No one likes being mad at a good friend, do they?

I've been an early riser all my life, however, have slipped a little in the past few months. This book has helped me re-prioritise the importance of getting back into the routine.

This is the third "thing"
Julia Doherty
The introduction to this book was very inspirational, but I did not feel like that all the way through. Perhaps I was reading it for the wrong reasons as I don't have any problems getting up early, I just wanted more guidance on what o do or what not to do in those first few hours before the family awoke.

I found the book to be highly amusing in some parts, but also highly depressing in other parts.

If you struggle to get up in the mornings, or of you lack any motivation or discipline in your li
Bobbie Cole
I was intrigued by the title, then by Andy Traub's voice. He has an engaging turn of phrase. I didn't think the book would be for me. I already get up pretty early. But it's a lot more than that. In Andy Traub's world, our alarm clock and bedroom slippers are our friends. They have names. And there is space. That hour or two in the morning is not extra work time but head space time, for whatever we want to do. An illuminating read.
Rob Laman
I read this a few months ago so I might be a little rusty on details so here are the two things that stuck with me. First, I recall that it could have used a touch more editing. By way of context, I work in publishing, have an English degree and have taken part in more than one snooty conversation about what books are worth bothering to read. But I've begun to realize that as long as people are actually reading and getting value out of what they are reading, a particular book's place in the cano ...more
Cheree
All I can say is WOW! I really like what Andy Traub has done here. Will you learn any new, earth-shattering secrets in this book? No, probably not. This is really common sense wisdom. What is unique about the book Early to Rise is the way he's done it.

This is an e-book, not a traditional paper book. Now, I think there could be a market here for a printed version as well, but that doesn't appear to be an option currently. When you purchase this Kindle book, you also get the audio version at no a
Katie Kurdt
With a new job and new year I really wanted to focus on waking up early in order to feel calmer and more relaxed before a commute and long work day. This book was definitely inspiring and I love the idea of being selfish in the morning and filling yourself up so that you can better serve others during the day. But overall this book was not as great as I expected. The daily prompts were not particularly inspiring or helpful.
Darlene Hull
Not quite what I was hoping for. Sort of an introduction to getting up early and then 30 days of "inspiration" to get you there. The inspiration part seemed often to be grasping for ideas, and I was hoping for more practical ways to actually get my butt out of bed early and not just fall asleep in the sofa.

Some good stuff here. Decently written, not quite what I was expecting.
Gina
This book changed my life! Read it and do it!

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to get more out of life, do more with their time, and feel at peace while doing it. Follow Andy's 30 day plan, and enjoy your life so much more. Thank you, Andy!
Alan Kosse
Hope and Optimism

Hope and Optimism

This book is a simple read. It's written with such optimism that you can't help but keep reading. It makes you excited about life -- and rising at 5:00 a.m.
Elizabeth Schlatter
I wonder if I should give this more stars. I mean, it's not brilliant writing, but... it does seem to work. There's a daily short passage on the benefits of waking up early, of having maybe an hour to yourself as a head start on the day. I subscribed to the emails, so I had one entry sent every morning, and then I would click on the link in which I would hear the author reading the daily passage, which I kind of liked. Even though he sounds a bit like someone who has suffered from sinus infectio ...more
Briana Ford
I've changed my start times throughout my life. 5:30, 6, 6:30, 6:45, 7. No matter what time I woke up, it never felt like enough time. And I could never justify getting up earlier to get things done because, well, I've always been too exhausted when the alarm went off.

Reading this book gave me some concrete reasons to wake up earlier as a habit, not just a one off thing. Granted, I'm still working on it, but it's a habit I want to keep working on until I get it completely.

I like that you can rea
Natalie
When you cut out all the feel goodery, this book really could just be summarized as "Just kept up earlier, people, it's not that bad." The 30 day program is undoubtedly useful for people that need to be held accountable. For someone like me that literally can't function in a community without the self-fulfilling prophecy of failure kicking in, less useful. I don't really know what I was looking for out of this book, but this wasn't it, and I'm clearly outside of the target audience.
Melissa Soto
It is not a guide for waking up early, it is a support for building behaviours and opening space in our lives for the things we enjoy doing without getting lost in the routine or work every day.
It is a journey and a community to become a new persona and be happier.
Amazing book and amazing tools that complemented it.
Karlyn Balfour
absolutely love this book! it helped me realize that I have been missing out! This book has helped me be a better mom and wife. The action tips each day gave me something to focus on. Thank you Andy Traub for writing this book and providing all the free support. This is a great book and I strongly recommend that you read it.
James
Great as a day-to-day program, but some of the ideas were only okay along with some good ones. Unabashedly Christian, which I was in favor of--good to see people bring up God without reserve.
Joline Atkins
This book definitely changed my morning habits. Read all about it here: http://www.thecuppajo.com/tag/early-t...
Eileen Leacock
What can I say about this book? It was great motivation to wake up early and greet the quiet. I will be reading this book again. A worth while experience even if you already rise early, since it gives you a vision of what you can do when you rise early. Inspirational!
Gina
I wanted to love this book but found it too light & obvious. I did appreciate the Christian perspective & generosity of the author.
It reads like a fat-free sugar-free daily devotional. As though I might have ingested something but I'm not quite certain.
M J
Jun 12, 2013 M J rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: audio, own
Encouraging and inspiring book. Looking forward to giving the challenge a try.
I'm waiting to rate this book until I actually implement the plan.
Ana
Gave me enough motivation to wake up at 6am for 30 days!
Tanvir Mudhar
Tanvir Mudhar marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Tony Holland
Tony Holland marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Yasemin Arslan
Yasemin Arslan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
  • 20,000 Days and Counting: The Crash Course for Mastering Your Life Right Now
  • The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles
  • Tell Your Time: How To Manage Your Schedule So You Can Live Free
  • If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight?: Tools to Get It Done
  • Nothing Changes Until You Do: A Guide to Self-Compassion and Getting Out of Your Own Way
  • The Myth of Multitasking: How "Doing It All" Gets Nothing Done
  • Mindset for Moms: From Mundane to Marvelous Thinking in Just 30 Days
  • Revenge of the Penmonkey
  • Meditation Motivation - A Quick Tour of Buddhism and 20 Easy Tips to Create a Daily Practice
  • Fred 2.0: New Ideas on How to Keep Delivering Extraordinary Results
  • World of Archangels
  • Wrecked: When a Broken World Slams into your Comfortable Life
  • Moriarty (Anna Kronberg Thriller #1-3)
  • The Disciplines Of The Christian Life
  • Organizing Solutions for People With Attention Deficit Disorder: Tips and Tools to Help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized
  • Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work That Matters
  • Still Growing: An Autobiography
The Early To Rise Experience for Moms: Start Waking up to a new Life

“It’s been said that you learn your best lessons from your mistakes. That may be true, but personally, I’d rather learn from other people making mistakes than making them myself.” 0 likes
“Responsible and empowered thinking allows us to live with purpose and take responsibility for what happens to us. If one is nature, the other is nurture. Victim thinking says your day is a product of your environment (nature), but empowered thinking says your day is what you make it (nurture). I truly believe you can make it a great day. You wanna join me?” 0 likes