Start by marking “The Early To Rise Experience: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days” as Want to Read:
The Early To Rise Experience: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days

The Early To Rise Experience: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days

love being up early. If you're willing to take one minute a day to change your life then you can become an early riser. I wrote this book because as a father of three kids under five I needed time to work on myself and my business without neglecting my family. I found that time in the morning and it has changed my life forever.
You need more than a book to build a habit
Ins
Published January 25th 2013 by Take Permission Media Press

To ask other readers questions about The Early To Rise Experience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Early To Rise Experience

Debra
Feb 23, 2013 Debra rated it it was ok
Shelves: life-management, 2013
I was really excited to get this book. I felt it came at a time when I really needed to start rising early. I found the introduction part of the book to be very inspirational. However, I felt the daily readings and tips were not very helpful. There were definitely some helpful daily readings, but there were a lot of technology driven tips and promotions for other authors. This books seems to have a very narrow audience, and I couldn't relate to a lot of it. It seems very geared toward the Christ ...more
Ian
Feb 24, 2013 Ian rated it really liked it
Andy's ebook is very practical providing 30 days of tips for what to do to assist someone who desires to start getting up early. I particularly liked the very simple idea of becoming friends with your alarm clock or app. He even names his: Fred. No one likes being mad at a good friend, do they?

I've been an early riser all my life, however, have slipped a little in the past few months. This book has helped me re-prioritise the importance of getting back into the routine.

This is the third "thing"
Julia Doherty
May 06, 2013 Julia Doherty rated it liked it
The introduction to this book was very inspirational, but I did not feel like that all the way through. Perhaps I was reading it for the wrong reasons as I don't have any problems getting up early, I just wanted more guidance on what o do or what not to do in those first few hours before the family awoke.

I found the book to be highly amusing in some parts, but also highly depressing in other parts.

If you struggle to get up in the mornings, or of you lack any motivation or discipline in your li
Bobbie Cole
Feb 11, 2013 Bobbie Cole rated it it was amazing
I was intrigued by the title, then by Andy Traub's voice. He has an engaging turn of phrase. I didn't think the book would be for me. I already get up pretty early. But it's a lot more than that. In Andy Traub's world, our alarm clock and bedroom slippers are our friends. They have names. And there is space. That hour or two in the morning is not extra work time but head space time, for whatever we want to do. An illuminating read.
Olivia Winter
Jul 01, 2016 Olivia Winter rated it it was ok
If there's one thing I can't stand it's a preachy tone and the promise that this-and-that would change my life (which this author tells me every few pages). After a while that annoyed me so much that I had a hard time remembering that he has a lot of good advice in this book too.
I guess if you are a Christian, white, male salesperson with kids you'll enjoy this book much more than I did.
Rob Laman
Jan 06, 2014 Rob Laman rated it really liked it
I read this a few months ago so I might be a little rusty on details so here are the two things that stuck with me. First, I recall that it could have used a touch more editing. By way of context, I work in publishing, have an English degree and have taken part in more than one snooty conversation about what books are worth bothering to read. But I've begun to realize that as long as people are actually reading and getting value out of what they are reading, a particular book's place in the cano ...more
Cheree
Jun 08, 2013 Cheree rated it really liked it
All I can say is WOW! I really like what Andy Traub has done here. Will you learn any new, earth-shattering secrets in this book? No, probably not. This is really common sense wisdom. What is unique about the book Early to Rise is the way he's done it.

This is an e-book, not a traditional paper book. Now, I think there could be a market here for a printed version as well, but that doesn't appear to be an option currently. When you purchase this Kindle book, you also get the audio version at no a
Cori Dyson
Aug 10, 2015 Cori Dyson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who believes they can never become an early bird
Shelves: non-fiction
I have never been an early riser nor a morning person. Since starting this book, I have turned into not only an early riser but also a morning person. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone!

When I first started, it was all I could do to make it to the coffee pot. While sipping my first cup of coffee I would listen to his daily pieces. He recorded all thirty of them, and I don't think I would have kept up if I had to read each one. It would have been too much that early in the morning.

I
Josh
Oct 22, 2016 Josh rated it really liked it
Great, motivating book!

The author is very straightforward and honest in this book, giving lots of good advice related to waking up early in the morning. I also was happily surprised to find other little tidbits of wisdom throughout the book that relate to life in general, really. I highlighted something in almost every section!

The only suggestion for improvement I have is that it would be helpful to have more tips or advice about getting to bed on time. The author does plainly state early on tha
Elizabeth Schlatter
Oct 25, 2013 Elizabeth Schlatter rated it liked it
I wonder if I should give this more stars. I mean, it's not brilliant writing, but... it does seem to work. There's a daily short passage on the benefits of waking up early, of having maybe an hour to yourself as a head start on the day. I subscribed to the emails, so I had one entry sent every morning, and then I would click on the link in which I would hear the author reading the daily passage, which I kind of liked. Even though he sounds a bit like someone who has suffered from sinus infectio ...more
Briana Ford
Jun 27, 2013 Briana Ford rated it really liked it
I've changed my start times throughout my life. 5:30, 6, 6:30, 6:45, 7. No matter what time I woke up, it never felt like enough time. And I could never justify getting up earlier to get things done because, well, I've always been too exhausted when the alarm went off.

Reading this book gave me some concrete reasons to wake up earlier as a habit, not just a one off thing. Granted, I'm still working on it, but it's a habit I want to keep working on until I get it completely.

I like that you can rea
Katie Kurdt
Jan 06, 2015 Katie Kurdt rated it liked it
With a new job and new year I really wanted to focus on waking up early in order to feel calmer and more relaxed before a commute and long work day. This book was definitely inspiring and I love the idea of being selfish in the morning and filling yourself up so that you can better serve others during the day. But overall this book was not as great as I expected. The daily prompts were not particularly inspiring or helpful.
Natalie
Oct 02, 2013 Natalie rated it it was ok
Shelves: newly-read-2013
When you cut out all the feel goodery, this book really could just be summarized as "Just kept up earlier, people, it's not that bad." The 30 day program is undoubtedly useful for people that need to be held accountable. For someone like me that literally can't function in a community without the self-fulfilling prophecy of failure kicking in, less useful. I don't really know what I was looking for out of this book, but this wasn't it, and I'm clearly outside of the target audience.
Darlene Hull
Not quite what I was hoping for. Sort of an introduction to getting up early and then 30 days of "inspiration" to get you there. The inspiration part seemed often to be grasping for ideas, and I was hoping for more practical ways to actually get my butt out of bed early and not just fall asleep in the sofa.

Some good stuff here. Decently written, not quite what I was expecting.
Karlyn Balfour
Jul 07, 2013 Karlyn Balfour rated it it was amazing
absolutely love this book! it helped me realize that I have been missing out! This book has helped me be a better mom and wife. The action tips each day gave me something to focus on. Thank you Andy Traub for writing this book and providing all the free support. This is a great book and I strongly recommend that you read it.
Melissa Soto
Jun 06, 2013 Melissa Soto rated it really liked it
It is not a guide for waking up early, it is a support for building behaviours and opening space in our lives for the things we enjoy doing without getting lost in the routine or work every day.
It is a journey and a community to become a new persona and be happier.
Amazing book and amazing tools that complemented it.
Alan
Jun 06, 2014 Alan rated it it was amazing
Hope and Optimism

Hope and Optimism

This book is a simple read. It's written with such optimism that you can't help but keep reading. It makes you excited about life -- and rising at 5:00 a.m.
Eileen Leacock
Feb 12, 2014 Eileen Leacock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about this book? It was great motivation to wake up early and greet the quiet. I will be reading this book again. A worth while experience even if you already rise early, since it gives you a vision of what you can do when you rise early. Inspirational!
Gina
Jun 05, 2013 Gina rated it it was ok
I wanted to love this book but found it too light & obvious. I did appreciate the Christian perspective & generosity of the author.
It reads like a fat-free sugar-free daily devotional. As though I might have ingested something but I'm not quite certain.
Gina
Jan 25, 2015 Gina rated it it was amazing
This book changed my life! Read it and do it!

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to get more out of life, do more with their time, and feel at peace while doing it. Follow Andy's 30 day plan, and enjoy your life so much more. Thank you, Andy!
James
Dec 31, 2013 James rated it liked it
Great as a day-to-day program, but some of the ideas were only okay along with some good ones. Unabashedly Christian, which I was in favor of--good to see people bring up God without reserve.
Ana
Apr 30, 2013 Ana rated it liked it
Gave me enough motivation to wake up at 6am for 30 days!
Feb 08, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
I'm waiting to rate this book until I actually implement the plan.
Jan 16, 2016 Laura marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Recommended by Jon Acuff
Joline Atkins
Jan 05, 2014 Joline Atkins rated it it was amazing
This book definitely changed my morning habits. Read all about it here: http://www.thecuppajo.com/tag/early-t...
melissa
Mar 06, 2013 melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: awesome, re-reading, 2013
Doing it again!
Rachel Ballard
Rachel Ballard rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2014
Matt
Matt rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2013
Joe
Joe rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Anna Hertel
Jul 09, 2017 Anna Hertel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very quick read. The early to rise challenge definitely is useful. I think this book is helpful for those that can spare to wake up earlier and are not maximizing their time yet. There is such beauty in morning hours. Good read for making change happen starting tomorrow morning.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • 20 000 Days And Counting
  • Teach Yourself French (Teach Yourself Languages)
  • Making Strategy Work: Leading Effective Execution and Change
  • There's Lead in Your Lipstick: Toxins in Our Everyday Body Care and How to Avoid Them
  • Ecoholic Body: Your Ultimate Earth-Friendly Guide to Living Healthy and Looking Good
  • Teach Yourself Beginner's Hindi Script
  • Meditation Motivation - A Quick Tour of Buddhism and 20 Easy Tips to Create a Daily Practice
  • A Primer of Biblical Greek
  • Simply Einstein - Relativity Demystified
  • Revenge of the Penmonkey
  • Student's Vegetarian Cookbook, Revised: Quick, Easy, Cheap, and Tasty Vegetarian Recipes
  • Contemporary Strategy Analysis
  • Thailand
  • The Myth of Multitasking: How "Doing It All" Gets Nothing Done
  • If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight?: Tools to Get It Done
  • As a Decade Fades
  • Beyond The To-Do List: Goals
  • The Ultimate Bar Book: The Comprehensive Guide to Over 1,000 Cocktails

“The top of the mountain is not crowded because it’s hard to get there.” 0 likes
“It’s been said that you learn your best lessons from your mistakes. That may be true, but personally, I’d rather learn from other people making mistakes than making them myself.” 0 likes