Start by marking “Rourk (Keegan's Chronicles, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Rourk (Keegan's Chronicles, #3.5)

Rourk (Keegan's Chronicles #3.5)

Rourk Kavanagh is an elite elfin warrior, and a member of a human Special Forces team. During a routine mission in Afghanistan, he crosses paths with a dark supernatural creature—a d'jinn.

His world gets turned upside down when the unthinkable happens: Keegan, his one true love, is kidnapped by an evil d'jinn. The d'jinn is seeking revenge for the death of his brother at R
Published June 13th 2013 by Valknut Press

To ask other readers questions about Rourk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rourk

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Elite by Kiera CassAshes and Ice by Rochelle Maya CallenScarlet by Marissa MeyerExtracted by Sherry D. Ficklin
Best YA Covers 2013
138th out of 154 books — 534 voters
All the Right Reasons by Sandy JamesReckless Endangerment by Amber Lea EastonEmbattled Hearts by J.M. MaddenEmbattled Minds by J.M. MaddenLover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Wounded Warriors of Romance
132nd out of 237 books — 261 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather andrews
May 16, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
As we all know Julie Crane is a bada** mofo, and I love her dearly why because I always get to beta read her books and she spoils me rotten (winks.) On to the review!! My Rourk, my Rourky ugh I love him, he's still as playful as he was when he and Keegan were first dating, "be sure to breathe between bites. I'm not sure how I would explain to my team sergeant that I didn't make my flight because of a trip to the emergency room." He still has his hotness, "with a grin on his face, Rourk tossed ...more
Ruthi Kight
This was not the first book that I have read by Julia Crane, but it is definitely the first one in this series that I have read. I’ve heard great things about the rest of the series, and after reading the novella, I can’t wait to dig into the rest of the books!
This book focuses on Rourk and Keegan, alternating between the characters. Rourk has to leave for deployment in the military, leaving Keegan at home. Never fear! Her brother is here! Her brother is able to see the future, and this makes K
Gaele
Jun 12, 2013 Gaele rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was my first introduction to Rourk Kavanaugh, elfin warrior and mate of Keegan, and I am pleased to have had the opportunity. Rourk is very much an alpha male, determined to protect his wife and those around him: a trait that comes into frequent play as a soldier on deployment in Afghanistan and part of an elite unit. While his army unit has no clue of his otherworldliness, he is a valued member and leader of the team. Meanwhile, Keegan is clever and funny with curiosity to burn, the ...more
Ginelle Blanch
Jun 17, 2013 Ginelle Blanch rated it really liked it
This was a short story spinoff to Julia Crane's Keegan's Chronicles. I really liked the better look into the characters of Rourk, Keegan, and Thaddeus. It was nice to see how they have grown. Lots of bad things happen in this short story but, good comes out at the end! Lots of emotions going on, anger, sadness, loneliness, disbelief, and finally happiness. I can't wait to see what happens next for the characters!
Vanessa
Jun 16, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Definitely not what I expected; it was a bit more "violent" than the other three coexist books, but it was still amazing! The connection between Keegan and Rourk continues, and makes me fall in love with them even more. They are an amazing couple. It was nice to see more of Rourk, his perspective of things. You'll definitely be surprised to what is going on. A must read.
Tina
Jun 13, 2013 Tina rated it it was amazing
I was giving for honest review. I really enjoy the tale of Rouke and look forward to more of Rouke. I highly recommend reading Keegan tale first if not read them to get more insight to the work that this follows of Julia crane awesome Job. I look forward to more in this spin off series.
Shweta Choudhary
Jul 02, 2013 Shweta Choudhary rated it it was amazing
Never would get tired of Keegan and Rourk ...This book is more darker and more problems and emotional...!! Loved it totally!!
Julia
Jul 29, 2014 Julia rated it it was amazing
What I thought of the plot
I loved Rourk, I thought it would be solely from his POV but we also see Keegan’s POV as well. Well since we last left the duo life, is not as blissful as it seems. Rourk is a soldier and travels which is expected but with a supernatural twist. You feel their pain and understand Rourk’s need for revenge, heartbreaking at times it leaves you wanting more...thanks to the always knowledgeable Thaddeus, we get a glimpse of more to come. Strength, devotion and family are alw
Tonya (My Family's Heart)
Jun 27, 2013 Tonya (My Family's Heart) rated it really liked it
I love the connection that Rourk and Keegan have. How attentive and caring Rourk is for Keegan and her feelings. You can really see the love they both have for each other. Especially as Rourk prepares to head off to war in that god forsaken “ass-crack-istan” (oh was that funny) for yet another tour of duty. And I love the inner strength that Keegan pulls on – she is strong.

Being a military brat and Veteran I just have to say that I appreciate the authors writing throughout Rourk’s tour of duty o
Amy
Jun 18, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a book that I have been waiting on to come out since I first read Keegan's Chronicles. I am a big fan or Rourk. He is hot, sweet, and such a strong person. He had to deal with a lot threw Keegan's Chronicles but he never gave up. This book couldn't have turned out better. I absolutely loved it.

"Rourk" gives us a look into what happened after the Trilogy. If you are like me, after a good series, you always wonder what happened. Well this book tells you. There are laughs, heart ache, deat
Seregon O'Dassey
Nov 24, 2014 Seregon O'Dassey rated it it was amazing
I just love Julia Crane. She has a way of making you fall into a world like you're right there with the characters. *Warning: possible spoilers*

A couple of yrs after Keegan and her chosen elf mate, Rourke marry and get their starter house, Rourk is off to Afghanistan as a soldier in the human army, something elves do before they join the elfin army. As one can expect, there is tragic loss in that 'family' before there is tragic loss in his & Keegan's. There is a happy ending, but not before
Scandalous Book Blog
Jul 04, 2013 Scandalous Book Blog rated it really liked it
Rourk and Keegan have a difficult journey ahead of them in this novella. Rourk is an elfin warrior in the human military by tradition. Keegan is Rourk's chosen mate. She is a fun and loving elf, but is definitely a worry-wart. Rourk leaves for a 3 month deployment to Afghanistan leaving Keegan at home alone. The series of event that happen after will rock them to their very core. This can either make or break them, and it will definitely have the power to.
Rourk, written by Author Julia Crane, is
Mary
Jun 29, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
I don't think I can thank Mrs. Potter's enough for this amazing tour!!

I have been a fan of Julia's for a long time and I love the Keegan Chronicles so much.

When I found out about this book I was jumping with joy.

WHAT I LIKED:

I love Rourk and Keegan's relationship and the development of it since their marriage.
I also love that Rourk is still in the military (I love an Elf in uniform).

I can't get over the twist and turns in this short book. Now, I will tell you that life is not easy for
the newly
Nanette Bradford
Jul 06, 2013 Nanette Bradford rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and I love Rourk. He's just so amazing and those ears. Mmm. Wait ok yes, this is a novella. I so wanted more of this story. I don't want to give anything away so let me just say that this is a continuation of Rourk and Keegan's story.

While Rourk is away fighting in the human war Keegan stays home and waits for her love to return. Because of the curse brought on by dying and coming back to life it's hard for her to be away from Rourk. Even more so for her than what is typical.
Jessica
Oct 02, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
Rourk was always my favorite character from the Keegan Chronicles and he's still my favorite. Rourk is your ideal warrior, always protecting others and wanting to be strong for everyone. In Rourk's case, that strength also comes with a sensitive side and I love that about him.

The book was good and I enjoyed it. It was a great continuation of the Keegan Chronicles and the subsequent books. I would recommend this book to other YA fans, although I do think you need to have read the other previous
Kelli
This was not a bad addition to the Keegan's chronicles books/spin-offs. It got really sad at one point, but the ending was uplifting, and I hope there will be more books. Something happened with Tommy that I would like to hear more about, I would like to learn more about Gavin and at some point in the future, I would like to hear more about the thing that happened at the end.

I think these books are getting better as I go through them. I think Ms. Crane is becoming a better writer the longer she
Katherine
Jun 25, 2013 Katherine rated it it was amazing
Rourke by Julia Crane was wonderful book and an amazing continuation to the Keegan chronicles books. I have loved all of the books in this series and Rourke was no exception.
The relationship between Rourke and Keegan is so romantic and special...and after reading all of the other stories in the series, I enjoyed this glimpse into their married life.
Rourke is a warrior and I expect him to be strong....but the strength that Keegan showed in this book was amazing. And I definitely cried over the lo
Jodi Brooks
Jul 01, 2013 Jodi Brooks rated it it was amazing
So many twists and turns and emotional rollercoaster of a book. The detail to the characters are astounding.I could put the book down or a second.

Rourk is an Elfin warrior,which I love.The detail of his life is astounding in itself. The marriage and relationship between him and Keegan just grows more and more and that is something I love in the book.

I can not recommend this book any more then I do. It is a must read and have to go in the series and I can not wait to read the next chapter of the
Rosamaria
Jun 23, 2013 Rosamaria rated it it was amazing
When I saw this book I just knew I had to read it. I'm a big fan of Keegan's chronicles and this book was amazing. I am glad that we got the opportunity to know Rourk a little more and also to know more about Keegan an Rourk's life after they got married. I can honestly say that I could read more about their adventures and hopefully the series will continue, but if not this book was a nice conclusion to the series.
Claire Taylor
Jun 26, 2013 Claire Taylor rated it it was amazing
Julia Crane
Rourk - A Novella
Keegan's Chronicles #4

This book delivered an emotional rollercoaster, and will affect some more than others. I loved this book from start to finish, it's well written, flows smoothly and has many hidden depths. Anyone that has enjoyed the Keegan's Chronicles will love this novella, but if you haven't then this would make a good introduction to the authors writing style and you'll be left wanting to read more of these characters.
Td
Jun 13, 2015 Td rated it it was amazing
Rourk (Keegan's Chronicles 3.5) by Julia Crane
4 1/2

Seeing Rourk's journeys as a warrior, how he handled the stress of his missions was interesting. Reading it with terminology that was accurate was refreshing. His struggles as he knew Keegan was in danger definitely pulled at the heartstrings. As Keegan went through intensely difficult and heartbreaking life changing events it was at times almost hard to read. This was a great continuation of their story.
Brenna
Jun 17, 2013 Brenna rated it really liked it
Having not read any of Julia's previous work and going in with an open mind I really enjoyed this read. It was short, simple and sweet. I really enjoyed the ending. Plus there is a hot elf what more can you ask for..just look at that cover..:) I will be doing a full review on my blog on June 26th. Please stop by...http://two-tall-tales.blogspot.com/
Pauline Creeden
Jun 24, 2013 Pauline Creeden rated it it was amazing
Well balanced between plot and character development - fast paced and I appreciate the author keeping it clean even though the age group is YA/NA. Enough action for a male read, while keeping it emotionally pulling for females.
Myra Espino
Oct 09, 2013 Myra Espino rated it it was amazing
The best book in the series!
I love Rourk more because of this.
The story of this book is great, more of Rourk and Keegan's adventure which is definitely cool!

Loved this!
Becky Rendon
Feb 03, 2015 Becky Rendon rated it really liked it
Next chapter for Rourke and Keegan

Tissues are a must. I am a sloppy spotty mess after finishing this but I am also smiling. Can't wait for the future
Cici
Jun 06, 2015 Cici rated it really liked it
Great Addition

This is a really fun series. The plot line is interesting. It is not hard to follow. The hero and heroine are interesting, and the chemistry is good and clean!
Elb4966
Elb4966 rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Yvette Hernandez
Yvette Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • My Merlin Series (The Complete Trilogy)
  • Trial by Thrall (Trial Series, #2)
  • Blood of Centaurs: Book 12 of The Witch Fairy Series
  • Once Upon A Curse: 17 Dark Faerie Tales
  • Ardent (The ArcKnight Chronicles #1)
  • Creepy Hollow: Violet's Story
  • Shadows Fall (Others of Edenton, #1.5)
  • Intoxicating Magic (Crescent City Fae, #3)
  • Nightshade: 17 tales of Urban Fantasy, Magic, Mayhem, Demons, Fae, Witches, Ghosts, and more
  • The Saving Angels Series: Meant to Be, Forgotten Souls, The Ascended (The Saving Angels, #1-3)
  • Lorehnin (The Otherworld Series, #6)
  • Eyes of the Soul (Soul Seers, #2)
Julia crane is the author of the Keegan’s Chronicles, IFICS. She has a bachelors degree in criminal justice. Julia has believed in magical creatures since the day her grandmother first told her an Irish tale. Growing up her mother greatly encouraged reading and using your imagination.

More about Julia Crane...

Keegan's Chronicles (4 books)
  • Coexist (Keegan's Chronicles, #1)
  • Conflicted (Keegan's Chronicles, #2)
  • Consumed (Keegan's Chronicles, #3)