Start by marking “Fading (Fading, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fading (Fading, #1)

Fading (Fading #1)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  9,580 ratings  ·  1,111 reviews
Can a guilty conscience keep wounds from healing?

Fine arts major, Candace Parker, grew up with a mother who thinks image is everything, and her daughter’s perfection will never be good enough. About to graduate college and pursue her dreams of becoming a professional ballerina, Candace decides it’s time to let go and have a little fun. But fun is short-lived when a brutal
Published June 19th 2013 by E K Blair LLC

To ask other readers questions about Fading, please sign up.

Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergBully by Penelope DouglasCollide by Gail McHughBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
33rd out of 435 books — 3,952 voters
Axel by Harper SloanReal by Katy EvansWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireDiamond Girl by Andrea  SmithLove Plus One by Andrea  Smith
Hottest Covers of 2013
28th out of 98 books — 245 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica Hatfield
3 pain is a reminder you're still alive Stars

photo rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson_zpsnxazmedi.gif

"I'm not leaving you. Nothing you could say would make me want to leave you."

This is my first book by E.K. Blair, and the plot sounded so good. Candace Parker is a ballerina in college, and she has a ton of emotional issues with her mother . While trying to live a little, let go, and have fun , she goes on a few dates with a guy, and gets date raped. She shuts down , but with the supportive love of the Hero, Ryan Campbell , she learns to trust again,
Elizabeth (Liz)
I know I don’t have the right words for this one. I seem to be able to only spit out random, disjointed thoughts and feelings. It’s like I’m suffering some sort of reviewer’s Tourette’s Syndrome! If I’m lucky, I’ll get out a sentence or two. I cannot, apparently, make my thoughts and feelings coalesce into anything resembling a helpful or informative review, filled with discussion points and critiques. Quite sincerely, as I’m writing this, it’s been over a week since I finished Fading, and I’m s ...more
I decided to read this one out of curiosity and because it has an O MG-beautiful cover.
It's NA therefore I promised myself I would read it with OPEN MIND since I haven't been very lucky with the last few books I read (off this category).
I was indeed surprised by the writer's talent and the editing quality, mainly for an Indie book/author but...the heroine's over-dramatic reactions totally ruined it for me, really.
I know I know, she has horrible HORRIBLE parents and has been brutally assaulted an
I feel so lucky that I was able to beta read this novel. It is such a beautiful book & a story I will never forget!!
Fading is the story of Candace. She is a dance major at UW, has great friends, and a complicated relationship with her parents. Overall her life is going good, until one night she is attacked leaving a fraternity party. Now her whole world is turned upside down.
 photo 4e3a7aa7407a571193e254ae42e92c57_zps01326ec9.jpg
"I sit here, on the bottom of the shower, and everything I know about myself, everything I love, everything I am be
Aleatha Romig
It is day 2 since finishing Fading and I can't stop thinking about Candance. That is a GREAT sign to me of a very good book. I understand why she needed to go through what she did, but it was painful to watch/read. I don't mean that in a bad way...I mean, I was emotionally invested.
Good job e.k! That alone makes this a 5 star read for me.
I must say, I'm skeptical about "alternate POV" books...but, I'll give Faking a try...let's see what I think when I'm done.
If you enjoy a book that works its
Fading – Story That Women Will Never Forget.

Blair’s novel is heart-wrenching, phenomenal read that will break your heart over and over again. It’s like ocean when the strom’s coming: Dangerous, unpredictable and dark. There’s nothing you can do to prevent inventible, because you can only observe and feel.

Candace’s is college senior with absolutely normal life. She’s studying hard and working in a café, having problems with her family and trying hard to make her dream come true, she wants to be
Jennifer Kyle
3-4 Fading Stars

This story was really well written and E.K. Blair is indeed a very talented author.

The beginning was really exciting and the supporting characters were all wonderful. To my disappointment, somewhere along the way it turned into the same old story and went directly to PREDICTABLE Land.

Although the main character, Candace spends a good amount of time crying and sleeping I understood her and her struggles. I think the author did a fine job expressing her inner feelings although l
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
For some reason I just couldn't connect with the characters. So much of the book is focused on Candace's assault (rightfully so) that I had a hard time focusing on anything else.

Ryan is a great character very sweet and understanding. I had a hard time seeing what drew him to Candace initially, and what made him fall in love with her. For a guy who never let girls in in the past, I didn't understand what changed.

I liked Candace too. She's damaged before the brutal attack, and it only affirms so
Amanda Fiore
Full of annoying behavior, conflicting sentences and a ridiculously stupid main character. I managed to make it 22% before I couldn't stand Candace anymore.

**** CONTAINS SPOILERS **** (not that I think they could be considered spoilers as the whole book was a spoil)

First of all, (this is just my opinion of how I feel I wouldn't be after surviving a rape, of course I can't say as I've never been in that situation before) but seriously....she gets naked in the shower and lets her best 'gay' guyfr

Candace is about to start her senior year at the University of Washington. She has spent her college years being very focused and somewhat conservative. She is a fine arts major and has her sites set on become a professional dancer. So, when her friends encourage her to let loose and live a little, she decides to listen.

This is when things go horribly wrong. One night all of her dreams turn into nightmares.

Candace is left reeling. She turns to one of her best friends and shuts everyone else ou

Jane Stewart
I skimmed parts. I wanted it to be over. This reads like a whiny teenage diary. It’s 1st person.

Candace was raped. The entire book is hearing her fears and stresses from the rape. She won’t prosecute the guy because she doesn’t want to tell anyone. She won’t tell her best friend Kimber, so Kimber is cold to her. Later Candace tries to reconcile with Kimber, but she still won’t tell Kimber what happened. Well that’s not going to work.

Candace falls in love with a guy who is gentle, patient, and lo
America Matthew
I had the pleasure to read this book before its release now it takes place in Seattle which for obvious reasons I hold close to my heart!!! but with all that aside wow what an amazing and realistic story it brought up sooo many emotions in me. I hurt for the characters so much and felt all the emotions that they went through loved every minute of it!!!! Ryan is sooo amazing I fell in love with his heart and his devotion towards Candace!!! I can't wait to get his POV in the second book and unders ...more
Fading is filled with such reality and emotion than I couldn’t help but become possessed by Candance’s character. It’s difficult storyline, rape is not an easy subject. But still it is a powerful story of survival.

Candace is happy. She has great friends and has plans to follow her dream of becoming a ballerina. But her perfect world is shattered one night when she is attacked.
“God, please! Stop!” a girl shrieks. Before my mind can process what I’m seeing, the bastard smashes his fist into th
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

5+++ stars!!!

Fading by E.K. Blair gets my award for the best book I’ve read so far in 2013. Nothing has even come close to the power, emotion, and impact that this novel contains, and I am giving it my HIGHEST recommendation.

This book bravely tackles a very important, yet sensitive topic. It may trigger painful memories for some readers, but the hope this book inspires is beautiful beyond description and is well worth the painful journey.

Candace Parker is a
I've got to be honest here - this book wasn't for me. It is well loved and receiving some high accolades from folks, so others are obviously connecting to it, but I just couldn't.

This is a storyline that was not, in my opinion, original. I knew from the prologue and synopsis how it would play out, but I was still okay with that. All novels are reiterations of other novels to some extent, so I was willing to give this a chance.

My issues were mostly from a technical standpoint. The writing was s
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Fading – EK Blair

5 big fat emotional stars!!

This book was just WOW!! Totes AMAZEBALLS!!

Emotional, passionate, sensitive, poignant….I could go on and on and on but it was beautifully written. This is by no means a hearts and flowers romance, it is dark and covers the horrible topic of date rape. Candace was not only date raped but she was brutally beaten too and probably would have ended up dead had it not been for a stranger that interrupted the assault and beat her attacker away.

Candace is a br
Damn! This is brutal! Sexual assault at college party is never pretty!

[image error]

I feel so weak and tired, like I'm drowning. I keep treading water, but I can never seem to get my head high enough out of the water to take in a full breath of air. I've been drowning since that night. There are times I feel like I can make it, but then I'm pulled right back under.

"I'm fading." I feel the heat of my tears as they linger down my cheeks. "He took all my light, and I've been fading ever since."
STUNNING delivery!!!
Every once in a while you come across a read that really resonates within you. There is something present that fills your thoughts and heart with the story. FADING by E.K. Blair did just that this past week.
The very first thing that intrigued me about the story is the absolutely stunning cover. The simplicity of the cover takes my breath away. It eludes to nothing of the story, yet after reading it, the cover says so much with so little.
When I was about half way into the st
***5 Thought Provoking and Emotional Stars***

What can I say except that I loved this book. This book kept me thinking all the way through. I kept wondering what I would do if I was in Candace's position. What happens to her is horrific and I truly don't know if I would be strong enough to get through it. I truly loved Candace as a lead female character...she was broken but also strong in her own right. Yes she leaned on Jase and Mark and eventually Ryan, but she was also strong enough in the end
E.M. Abel
This is me right now...
 photo tumblr_mn0d9puDDq1rm49iao1_500-1_zps2acacf15.gif

Okay so I finished this book last night but I couldn't write my review right when I finished. First I was super tired cause I stayed up too late reading and second my eyes were too puffy from crying like a little baby!

This book was moving. It was heartbreaking, empowering and enlightening.

E.K. puts us inside Candace's mind and we get to feel and witness everything she goes through. She's brutally attacked and spends a lot of the book struggling to get past it. My h
4.25??...haha The writing was good and there was a good flow to the story for the most part.

Candace grows up with a family where image is everything. In her senior year of college she tries to break out and have a little fun instead of always taking the safe route. Her world falls apart when she is attacked and tries to claw her way back into the world. She withdraws into herself alienating many close people in her life. Ryan comes into her life and he attempts to get her out of the funk she is
Warning: (view spoiler)

I just wrote in my book group forum one of the feelings I felt when I got to the end of this and I'm afraid to say it was relief. I have so many mixed emotions regarding this read. I equally loved and disliked a big chunk. 4 stars feels generous but at the same time I feel like that 3 isn't enough. It's a
I fell in love with this book, even though the subject matter was dark and hard to read about, the way this story flowed, the cast of characters, and the sweet love story are the reasons the book was a 5 star read for me.

This was such an emotionally charged story that I found myself at times crying and heart broken over certain matters. I also felt myself cringing at the things Candace had endured and through her nightmares.

What I loved the most was the support group Candace had made up of Rya
J.L. Brooks
If I were to use one word for Fading by E.k. Blair I would say "Daring." I was fortunate to witness this story unfolding and it left me breathless. If you are looking for roses and sunshine, look somewhere else. If you want to virtually feel a soul rip open and the journey of how it may or may not heal, then this is for you. Candace Parker is a driven, resilliant young woman despite the unloving yet privileged life she has come from. When a horrific attack brings everything around her crashing t ...more
This was not the experience I was expecting. I think after breaking down what I loved about this book and what fell short I have to place this somewhere around 3.5 stars.

The first 40% or so felt like this:

I found it particularly difficult to connect with Candace, even with the nature of her traumatic experience, I just couldn't get there. And the dialogue felt choppy at the start. There seemed to be a verbal response to every comment/question that seemed to feel redundant based on the descriptio
Vilma's Book Blog

5 stars.

Wow. This book blew me away. It was raw and vivid, I totally felt all the poignant emotions this book evoked: brokenness, fear, pain, heartbreak, insecurity and hopelessness. E.K. Blair's writing is smooth and gripping and I was lost in feeling Candace's painful story. The emotions were so palpable and believable. This is a beautiful story about finding the courage inside to overcome something so scarring and harrowing that you feel your life begins to fade into darkness. But with love,
Jennifer Diaz
I was fortunate to beta read this book. I have to say this is one of the most emotional stories that I have ever read and pulled at my heart like it was attached to a 10 ton brick! The story starts out with Candace about to start her senior year of college. She is living her dream of studying ballet and to work for a professional dance company. Much to the dismay of her parents as they feel she is better than that. They are the country club types that are all about appearances. Candace feels lik ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
4.5 Healing Stars

I’ve had Fading for some time and I read the rave reviews, I do not know why it took me so long to pick it up. Fading is my type of read. It’s long, dramatic and has a damsel in distress.

Candace wants to become a professional ballerina. She’s always played by the book and she wants to let go. For the day, she gets a tattoo and goes out on a date with her mom’s friend son. The date is short lived when he attacks Candace and leaves her emotionally scared.

Ryan owns the club
This might possibly be the most gorgeous cover I have ever seen. It is so beatiful in fact, that I wanna give itself 5 stars, and wanna order it in paperback so I can look at in every day. Unfortunately, this book didnt really work for me. Allthough I can 100% understand all the 5 stars ratings out there, this was personally not my cup of tea. Dont get me wrong, this book is extremely well written and incredibly beautiful. I The author has really dona a fantastic job with it. It pains me to only ...more
The Happy Housewi...: Fading (Fading #1) 3 9 Mar 16, 2015 11:31AM
Buddy Read Zone: Fading (Fading #1) July 29 129 66 Aug 06, 2013 09:24PM
Fifty Shades Supp...: * Fading By E.K. Blair***JULY 27 , 2013 15 114 Jul 28, 2013 10:11PM
The Perks Of Bein...: Book to add to TBR list 1 44 Feb 03, 2013 05:15AM
  • Painted Lines
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Nearly Broken (Nearly, #1)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Dear Emily (Forever Family, #1)
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Misjudged (Misjudged, #1)
  • The Morning After (Morning, #1)
  • The Edge of Darkness (Darkness Duet, #1)
  • Safe (Conquering, #1)
  • Skipping Stones
  • Dissolution (Breach, #1.5)
  • Going Under
  • Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers, #1)
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Lost (Lost & Found, #1)
  • The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)

Fading (3 books)
  • Freeing (Fading, #2)
  • Falling (Fading, #3)

“When he lifts his arm to wrap around me, "I can finally make out the words of his tattoo:
pain is a reminder
you're still alive”
“I pick up the thin, delicate silver chain that has a flat bar that horizontally connects the chain together. I see that the bar is etched with tiny letters that scribe: And though she be but little, she is fierce” 11 likes