Start by marking “Façade (Games, #2)” as Want to Read:
Façade (Games, #2)

Façade (Games #2)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  7,531 ratings  ·  757 reviews
"Phen-om-enal! Nyrae Dawn paints with words in a way that made me drink Facade down in one big gulp. This is one of those books you can read again and again." --New York Times bestselling author, Courtney Cole on FACADE.

From bestselling author, Nyrae Dawn, comes Book 2 in her New Adult, Games Series!

Can love save them?

After her father commits a crime that shatters her fam
Published July 2nd 2013 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Façade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Façade

Lisa

5 Stars

description

Façade by Nyrae Dawn is book two in her Games series. I really love this author. She has this way of writing in the NA and YA genres that does not seem young and immature and her books are not bogged down by too much angst or mindless stupidity. This book is about finding forgiveness and moving forward with life. IT is about one boy who is wallowing in despair and grief and the one girl who believes that she can somehow make it better. They both hide behind the the smoke screen of what bo
Anna
Jul 25, 2013 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
5 gorgeous YES WE CAN BLEED TOGETHER ~ Stars !!!

ADRIAN

~One look at him and you can tell he walks around with a bruised soul

The whole time my chest is tight. Aching. It's hard to breathe and I want to run away, but I don't. I deserve to feel this way and deserve to see this.

"Do you need anything?".....

Space.
I asked.
She agreed.
It wasn't what caught my attention.
Her eyes.
Me too,
They seemed to say,
I need space too

I fell in love with Adrian. And I have had my fair share of broken-boys via book lo
Christy
5 bleeding heart Stars!!!

photo e8dd7a90-e8cd-4c3f-8002-8381a7b6f317_zps32991829.jpg

Nyrae Dawn does it again! I swear everything this woman writes is fantastic! This was no exception.

Have you ever wanted to believe you could make it better? That you have the power to fix so many peoples lives, so you set out on this path and then you’re not so sure? Don’t know if you’re doing the right thing but you’re already on the path to making it happen, so you have to find a way to see it through?

Thats all Delaney Cross has ever wanted to do. Fix people’s lives.
Aestas Book Blog
ummm, woah HOT new cover!!!

Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

I don't see the future; I just notice shit. When you're seven years old and scared of your own shadow, too scared to get close to anyone like I used to be, you learn to pay attention. To study people's loves because it's the only way to feel like you're living and to think about how differently you'd be doing if you had the balls to man up. Or, hell, if you hadn't been given such a shitty hand to begin with.

I Think when love sneaks up on you, when it grabs on to you when you least expect it, m
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
I love Nyrae!
I loved Charade.
I thought Charades cover was hot

Then I seen this and can't WAIT for Adrian's story to be told!

HAWT cover!
Jennifer Kyle
”Maybe…it would bring us some kind of closure to talk to each other, but then I wasn’t sure if I should tell you and the longer I waited the harder it was because you turned into more than just the guy whose life was tied to mine in tragedy. You became… everything.”

Nyrae Dawn’s Façade story line is actually REALLY GOOD there was a bit of a twist sshh that I didn’t expect and I really did like Adrian. I connected to Adrian’s pain, his poems and his façade. I just wish the story was centered more
Catarina
“I think when love sneaks up on you, when it grabs onto you when you least expect it, maybe that's more of a sign that it's real. That it's meant to be and nothing could stop the two of you from falling for each other.”

This second installment tells us the story of Adrian (Remember him? Colt’s best friend?) and Laney.
Everyone thinks that the only thinks Adrian likes is partying and smoking drugs. What nobody knows is that he neither like the partying nor the drugs. For moments he just wants to
Monica Murphy
Such an amazing book! Adrian is such a tortured soul. All the twists and turns and emotions this book made me feel...I can't even begin to describe. I wish it was coming out sooner so I could discuss it with you all. Add this to your bookshelf, pre-order it online and hope like crazy FACADE comes out sooner rather than later because trust me, this book is FANTASTIC.

It made me cry. *sniff sniff* But in a good way. :) :)
Karen Erickson
I consider myself lucky to have read this. I loved Charade but I love Facade more. Adrian is swoon-worthy. Tough and surly and sexy and soulful and sensitive. His story will break your heart. Laney is his perfect match though she has her secrets too.

Near the end I had to go and hide in my bedroom while I finished reading it because I couldn't stop the tears from falling and I didn't want to worry my kids! Such a great book.
Ash Wednesday
2 STARS
"Let me bandage your heart the way you did my hand."

Yes, that in fact did happen. I kinda wish that was the end all and be all of the things that I didn't like about this story but it didn't stop there. It was like getting assaulted over
""His words are a syringe, injecting a pleasurable heat in my veins."

and over,
"If you need to write, I'll be your paper."
(if you're expecting some Sei Shoganon action from that, you'd be VERY disappointed)

and over,
"I feel your heart," I tell Adrian
Lisa Jayne
*ARC generously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*
Aimen *Vampire Bookworm*

That is the best way I can describe this book. Laughing my head off one minute and crying my eyes out the next. I didn't realize how much of a tear-jerker this book would be but it was. It was amazing, refreshing, dark and light all at once. It's my new favorite.

Delaney

Adrian

Facade was easily one of the best books I've read in 2013. It was so ridiculously powerful that I went and told a good 10 people about the story line and they all loved it! While I enjoyed book one, it didn't give me the sam
♥~♥Geri ~ the HEA junkie ♥~♥
Hmm, I'm kinda torn as to how to rate this book, so I'll settle for 3 to 3.5 stars.

This book wasn't bad but after falling in love with Charade, Facade was somewhat a disappointed for me. I say somewhat because there are parts of this book that I really loved. Sadly, there were also parts that I didn't love that much. To be honest, I almost gave up halfway through the book because it just got too depressing and I got really bored waiting for something to happen. I'm glad I hang on though because
Kara

SMALL TEASER!!

Cheyenne’s eyes get big when she sees the wrap on my hand. “What happened?”
Colt looks at it, too, before his eyes find me. It’s different than the look his girl gives me. She’s all concern and with Colt I see the worry, rimmed with a dull, sad blue. It’s crazy the things people see if they take the time to look. If they don’t only go skin-deep and try to find their way below the surface. In a lot of ways, Colt’s a prick. People will look at him and that’s all they see.
They don

AJ
“She’s the fire in my veins, the breath in my lungs, and the glue trying to hold each of my scars together”

Another ‘WOW’ book from Nyrae Dawn!

The first book in this series, Charade, completely blew me away when I read it, and I am happy to say that Façade is an incredible follow up that packs just as much of an emotional punch. After reading the first few pages, I knew this book was going to be something special!

We met Adrian in Charade - he is the constantly stoned, manwhoring party boy, and b
M.
Nov 20, 2012 M. marked it as to-not-read  ·  review of another edition
We've met Adrian in Charade? Who the hell is Adrian? God, no wonder I gave 2 stars to the first book in this series. I can't even remember the names of the characters any more, they were so forgettable.
Jolene Perry
GORGEOUS BOOK.
Will break your heart and put it back together again.
And, yanno... make you swoon...
Lili
This book was just:
 photo ZFlwweb_zps71178137.gif
I'm going to keep it short. Writing was good. Synopsis was good. Twist was unexpected. For some reason though- I was bored. I feel bad because I loved the first book in this series and I loved Adrian in it. I just never felt connected to the story. I would still recommended it because I can guarantee the story will work for others. I also very much look forward to reading more work from this author despite this story not meeting my expectations. 3 stars.
Wendy Higgins
GAAAAAHHH!!!! SO glad this got picked up for publication - it totally deserves it and NEEDS to be on shelves! I loved the tension and raw emotion. Can't wait for people to read it! :)

This is NA - new adult, not YA.
Amy ♥
Nobody writes a broken bad boy like Nyrae Dawn. I fell so hard for Adrian! I’ll be honest, I didn’t think much of him in Charade. He kind of seemed like a pothead and a manwhore. But, OMG, once I heard his story, my heart broke for him.

I’m not going to get into the story much here, because I don’t want to give anything away. You need to read it yourself!! Adrian and Delaney are two damaged individuals who are connected by an unimaginable tragedy. They find comfort in each other’s arms, but will
.chel.
2.5/5

Two broken people whose lives are intertwined and connected through circumstance would seem like the perfect recipe for an angst driven love story, right? Unfortunately, it was all just a façade.
A tragic past links Delaney and Adrian together. These two characters are as broken as they come. With all their demons being laid out for the reader, but not to each other, it got depressing and honestly, boring. After the loooooonnnnnnng dragged out build up for the big reveal, there was nothing b
I have to say that it pains me to give this book only 3 stars. I have LOVED all of Nyrae's books in the past. I LOVED Charade, but for some reason this one fell a little short for me. I really liked Adrian in Charade and was excited to read his story. For some reason Adrian seemed different in Facade. I can't really put my finger on exactly what it was but I just couldn't connect with him and Delaney. I guess what I really wished to see from Adrian would've been what he was like in Charade or th ...more
All Romance
MICHELLE'S REVIEW
Nyrae Dawn has done it again. I don't even know what to do with all of these emotions. I seriously spent the last few chapters in tears. Just crying like a crazy person.

The story of Delany and Adrian is a beautiful one. It is one of healing and love and forgiveness. But it's not as simple as it sounds.

Without giving too much away, Delaney's father commits a crime that deeply effects Adrian's family. And even with all the information that Adrian shares in the story- you cannot e
Steph

’Space,
I asked.
She agreed.
It wasn’t what caught my attention.
Hey eyes.
Me too,
They seemed to say,
I need space too

Thank you.’

This book was amazing, maybe even better than the first. I think I'm still in shock to be honest. The huge revelation completely knocked me off my feet. Everything just all of a sudden made perfect sense. It was incredible.

Adrian is such a memorable hero. I don’t think I will ever forget him.
He’s deep, dark and brooding. He’s thoughtful and sensitive, honest, incr
Heather
Jul 31, 2013 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Dramatic Romance- Keep your Kleenex handy :-)

Delaney is a young woman who has had a tough life. At only eighteen, she has had to deal with a mother who hates her, a father who is an alcoholic. Laney has moved with her brother to a small town. They got an apartment and Laney is determined to right all of the wrongs that she somehow feels responsible for.

Adrian is drowning in his sorrow. He lost someone he loved and has been numbing the pain ever since. He lives in a small college town and has very few friends. He keeps himself high almost a

4.5 Stars

My name is Jennifer and I’m a Nyrae Dawn Fan Girl! I’m way over the age demographic for her books, but it doesn’t matter. There’s something about her writing style that captivates me. It’s not only her New Adult books, like the Games series, but it’s also her YA books too. I’m a huge fan of the What A Boy Wants series. I met Ms. Dawn for the first time at the Boston Author Event in March and was actually star struck. She probably thought I was a babbling idiot, but that’s okay. I at lea
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
3.5
I honestly thought that I would love Adrian's character. Well, as it turns out, I just liked him a bit.

The story revolved around two people who had a really bad connection to each other. This connection brought them together, but also ruined them near the end.

To me, it would have been better if Delaney just told Adrian about the secret sooner. The story had too much drama because she was so afraid of Adrian's reaction which is totally unnecessary because it woul've ended the same way no matt
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
*A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review*

I remember reading Charade when it has less than a thousand ratings on Goodreads and look where this story has taken itself to! A huge deal with Hachette and mouth-to-mouth word about Nyrae and her talent. I'm so happy for her since she's an incredible author. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to read Facade since I've been waiting for this pretty forever. Adrian was one of my favorite characters in book 1 and his story touched me in
Laurynne Gouws - BookReviewBay.com

** I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review **

I'm not a happy lady right now... I'm so disappointed in this book I can't even think straight. I was so looking forward to reading Facade that the minute I received it - I nearly twisted my ankle to grab onto my Kindle so I could start it up.

So Facade is about a chickie called Delaney who with her brother move to a new town. She's there for one reason and it's not to start a new life. Nope, it's so she can get in contact with
  • Depths (Silver Strand, #2)
  • Breaking the Wrong (Sloan Brothers, #2)
  • Deeper We Fall (Fall and Rise, #1)
  • The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3)
  • Near and Far (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #2)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • More Than Her (More Than, #2)
  • Glass Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • If You Leave (Beautifully Broken, #2)
  • Fighting Fate (Granton University, #1)
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
  • Jet (Marked Men, #2)
  • Wrong Kind of Love (Young Love, #4)
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • Sometimes It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #5)
  • Rocked Out (Rocked, #2)
  • Perfectly Unmatched (Youngblood, #2)
I am a compulsive reader and writer who loves YA fiction.

I love nothing more than writing about young adults. There is something so fresh and fun about it. You can pretty much always find me with a book in my hand or open document in front of me.

I live in Southern California with my husband and two children.

More about Nyrae Dawn...

Games (3 books)
  • Charade (Games, #1)
  • Masquerade (Games, #3)
Charade (Games, #1) Measuring Up What a Boy Wants (What a Boy Wants, #1) Dizzy Masquerade (Games, #3)

“She's the fire in my veins, the breath in my lungs, and the glue trying to hold each of my scars together.” 41 likes
“Haunt me,
my little ghost,
Posses me
Live inside me,
And scare away my sins
Until there's nothing left.
But You.”