Start by marking “The Devil's Pearl (House of Trent, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Pearl (House of Trent, #0.5)

The Devil's Pearl (House of Trent 0.5)

If anyone were to guess that sweet, shy Lady Esme had been secretly penning scandalous stories, she would never be able to show her face in London again! Fortunately, her good friend, bestselling author Jennifer Haymore, can reveal her passionate tale of obsession and seduction…

The Devil's Pearl

Sir Devlin Vaughn will never forget the sweet, sensual pleasures of his beloved
Published May 7th 2013 by Forever Yours (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Pearl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Pearl

Lisa
Apr 10, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
Lady Esme has a secret...she writes scandalous stories and if anyone were to find out, well, that would be disastrous. The Devil's Pearl is one of her stories and while short, it is filled with passion, betrayal and obsession.

Sir Delvin Vaughn is outraged when he sees the woman he can not stop thinking about, the woman who dared shun him in society, hanging off two men. Two! His riches and power were not enough to keep her but seeing this drives him mad and he knows he needs to have her now and
Jonetta
Jul 25, 2013 Jonetta rated it really liked it
Devlin Vaughan is enraged to the point of obsession when he sees his former lover, Julia Beaumont, following a year's absence when she abandoned him to go with another to France. She broke his heart and humiliated him and now he wants her back on his terms. She's trying to shield her heart from being broken by a man who only wants a mistress.

This is a story of miscommunications where two people fail to express to one another their true feelings. Each is left to speculate from the behaviors of t
Keri
May 16, 2016 Keri rated it it was ok
This kidnapping skated a bit close to creepy and stalkerish for me instead of sexy and erotic.
thuy
The Devil's Pearl is a prequel novella in the new house of Trent series by historical romance writer Jennifer Haymore. While I enjoy Haymore's writing style, this novella didn't do much for me. Neither of the main characters were particularly compelling and the kidnapping element pushed the romance into creepy and not sexy.

Devlin Vaughn is furious for Julie Beaumont. The two start a passionate affair which is cut off when Julie suddenly leaves Devlin in a very public and humiliating manner. A ye
Jo (My House of Books)
I didn't like this novella. I don't understand (or remember) how the characters are connected to the House of Trent. I really didn't like Devlin kidnapping Julia -- and her being a-okay with that!

I did, however, like the teaser chapters for THE DUCHESS HUNT, so perhaps I will read it to see whether I'll stay with this series or not.
Maria
Jul 28, 2013 Maria rated it it was amazing
A sexy novella that is the first of several promised erotic stories by a character in Haymore's newest series, The House of Trent. For my full review: http://bit.ly/13nPH7b
Danielle (Bookwhoreblog) Perez
I am a huge fan of historical romance; it is my go to genre when I want a "sweep me off my feet" love story. I love the rules each character has to play by in society in order to maintain a good standing reputation. I also enjoy the thrill of risking it all for both the pleasure and love just to experience passion, I eat it up! Now the tricky part is because I love Historical Romance so much I am very picky with what I enjoy; the books have to be done right not any old bodice ripper will do. As ...more
Shauni
If you are looking for a short, sweet story about revenge and redemption then The Devil's Pearl by Jennifer Haymore is the perfect story for you. This story was "ghost" written by Ms Haymore for the shy Lady Esme there will be more novella's written in this form throughout The House of Trent Series. Just a tease to make it fun.

Julia Beaumont was a sweet young woman who fell in love. As young women in love tend to do she gave herself completely to the man she adored. When another tried to force h
Farrah
May 05, 2013 Farrah rated it really liked it
A wonderful romance full of love, betrayals, and lies. The Devil's Pearl was a lovely novella, a great peek into a new series.

Misunderstandings and lies fuel this book. Devlin and Julia were in love and happy. Until, a cruel viscount starts feeding Julia lies and tears the couple apart. A year later, both are still hurt and angry. And desperation leads Devlin to take Julia for a chance to find out why.

Julia was a little difficult. I kind of understood why she was susceptible to the lies the visc
My Book Addiction and More MBA
MY THOUGHTS:
THE DEVIL’S PEARL by Jennifer Haymore is an exciting Erotic Regency Historical Romance. “The House of Trent”o.5 and what a novella.
“A Lady Esme” novella. It starts out with Lady Esme talking with her good friend Jennifer Haymore as she tells her story of writing scandalous stories. Fast paced and passion filled,with misunderstandings, and lies,will love be able to pick up where it left off. Follow, Julia Beaumont, and Sir Devlin Vaughn on their very own journey of passion,and misunde
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Originally posted on What I'm Reading

One more novella before I hit the sack. I got a chance to checkout Jennifer Haymore's new novella which is part of her new series House of Trent. I'm not sure how this is all going to play out into the new series, but I bet it will all be answer one day. Until then I will bring you The Devil's Pearl. I'm just going to dive into my thoughts:

First off, this story stems from a huge misunderstanding between Julia Beaumont and Sir Devlin Vaughn. Let's be honest, c
Renae
WHAT. THE. HELL.

I managed about 10 pages of this 120 page ebook. And that was more than enough for me, I promise. Just, agh. No. No no no. I mean, really. In what world are stalking, kidnapping, raping, and imprisoning romantic behavior? NOT THIS WORLD. And yeah, all of that happened within 10 pages—I shudder to think of what else happened later on. Presumably the female protagonist fell in love with her disgusting kidnapper and everything was happily ever after.

Basically, Lord Whatsit is in lov
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3 STARS

"Sir Devlin Vaughn will never forget the sweet, sensual pleasures of his beloved "Jewel." Charmingly naive in the ways of love, she had blossomed under his guidance to become the most skilled lover a man could ever desire. And desire her he did-especially after she disappeared, leaving him alone and longing for her touch. Now, Devlin will do anything to get her back. Even kidnap her . . .

Julia Beaumont will never forget the man who unlocked her deepest desires and made her crave things no
Heather C
Too short. Ends at 57%

I was really enjoying this story, but it was shorter than I expected. I mean, I don't think it really needed to be longer, but I was surprised when it ended at 57% with previews for another book in the series following.
Tracy's Place
Mar 08, 2014 Tracy's Place rated it it was ok
2.5 out of 5

Dev had serious anger management issues. I didn't like him at all and wanted Julia with someone else.
Molly
Jun 21, 2015 Molly rated it really liked it
it is really cool the sister is supposedly a romance writer. I really can't say enough about this novella. So I hope you will read the series it is really good.
Sep 19, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I hate novellas. They are just teases. But I did enjoy this short story. I hope they plan on putting all of Esme's stories into one printed book and not just a bunch of ebooks.
Jul 22, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Lies, miscommunication, naiviety, more miscommunication, and revenge. Great big misunderstanding, but sexy makeup. In a kidnappery sex slave sort of way in 60 or so pages.

Shelly Wolf
Shelly Wolf rated it liked it
May 28, 2014
Ellen
Ellen rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Vikki Vaught
Vikki Vaught rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2013
Francine Corey
Francine Corey rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2014
Berdetta
Berdetta rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Antoinette Lewis
Antoinette Lewis rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
Grace Robinson
Grace Robinson rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2013
PJ
PJ rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Kathryn Prine
Kathryn Prine rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2016
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 18, 2015 09:31AM
  • The Perks of Being a Beauty (Ugly Ducklings, #3.5)
  • Days of Rakes and Roses (Sons of Sin, #1.5)
  • Miss Lavigne's Little White Lie (Beau Monde, #3)
  • All the Pleasures of the Season
  • Winning a Bride (Bridal Favors, #2.5)
  • A Little Mischief
  • A Study in Seduction (Daring Hearts, #1)
  • Checkmate, My Lord (Nexus, #2)
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • The Wickedest Lord Alive (The Westruthers, #3)
  • Twice Tempted (Drake's Rakes, #5)
  • Highlanders (Scottish Medieval #1; The MacLerie Clan #6.5; MacKinloch Clan #3.5)
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • Touch of a Lady (Touch of Seduction #0.5)
  • Must Love Dukes (Tricks of the Ton, #1)
  • With This Kiss: Part Two
  • A Reckless Desire (Breconridge Brothers, #3)
  • If You Give a Rake a Ruby (Jewels of the Ton, #2)

House of Trent (3 books)
  • The Duchess Hunt (House of Trent, #1)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • The Scoundrel's Seduction (House of Trent, #3)