Start by marking “Fallen Hearts (Casteel, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fallen Hearts (Casteel, #3)

Fallen Hearts (Casteel #3)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  11,982 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
As Logan's bride, Heaven could now savor the love she had sought for so long, and free from her father's clutches, she would live again in her backwoods town. But lured to Boston's Farthinggale Manor by Tony Tatterton's guile, Heaven and Logan stay among the Tatterton wealth and privilege--and the ghosts of Heaven's past rise up once more. The blockbuster sequel to Dark An ...more
Published August 1st 1988 by Pocket Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Fallen Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fallen Hearts

Zézinha Rosado
Mais um volume da continuação da saga da família Casteel, em que a vida de Heaven continua a atravessar altos e baixos, aparecendo surpresas ao virar de cada esquina.
É interessante ler uma trama passada há bastantes anos, no tempo em que não haviam telemóveis, computadores, internet, etc; e verificar que mesmo sem estas modernices se conseguia criar uma história que nos prende até à última página e que nos faz sentir um turbilhão de emoções.
Sinto que a Heaven e o Logan já fazem parte dos meus di
Erin
Oct 23, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just a really enjoyable continuation of the story. It's true that the same plot points are visited over and over, but the characters are just as endearing as ever. It was interesting to get a closer look into the rivalry between Fanny and Heaven and it was nice to finally see Heaven come into her own.
Lori Anderson
why do I read this stuff? it's horrible, yet I can't look away. :head:slap
Kerryn (RatherBeReading)

I enjoy these books less and less as the series goes on.

Wow, these books are legit a soap opera in written form.(view spoiler)

Parts of this story I also find extremely unrealistic.(view spoiler)
Amy Mueller
Mar 16, 2015 Amy Mueller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! The installments in this series just keep getting better and better. I can't believe I didn't read this when I was younger!
Jeni
Apr 30, 2012 Jeni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novels that were truly written by Ms. Andrews were Flowers in the Attic, Petals on the Wind, If There Be Thorns, Seeds of Yesterday, My Sweet Audrina, Heaven, and Dark Angel. When Virginia became seriously ill while writing the Casteel series, she began to work even harder, hoping to finish as many stories as possible so that her fans could one day share them. Since her death many have wondered whether there would continue to be new V.C. Andrews novels. Beginning with the final books in the Cast ...more
Ashleigh
Nov 21, 2014 Ashleigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though this wasn't written by the great V C herself, I still loved every bit of this. There was, of course, that little spark missing - that special style that only V. C. Andrews could write. She had a magical way of weaving beauty into every scene, every turn of phrase. Even the most shockingly sentimental lines seemed romantic when she wrote them. I'm afraid nobody can replace that.
However, this was a great imitation, and fed my hunger to discover how Heaven's tragic life story continues.
Alena
Aug 28, 2015 Alena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's not like the first two books in this series were fine literature, but when the ghostwriter took over, the quality really went downhill. The same phrases and themes cropped up over and over, and got really repetitive. Plus, I thought the characters were out-of-character. At least this one had less incest.
Amy
Aug 14, 2012 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I read the earlier V.C. Andrews books when I was growing up. I think they helped to prepare me for what I could find behind closed doors while completing assessments as a social worker...:)
Leigh
Jan 19, 2016 Leigh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: old-favourites, 2015
I haven't quite finished reading this book yet, but am beginning to wonder if I ever will. I can't say I hate it or that I love it just have some mixed feelings about it. It has seemingly taken me forever to get through Fallen Hearts. I told myself at first it was because during the course of reading it, my condo flooded and I had to move out for a few days while the place was being dried out. But that can't be right. My temporary home had no access to my computer with all it's games, videos and ...more
Delicious Strawberry
Doubtless Fallen Hearts might have been a bit different if VCA had been able to finish this story before her untimely death. Neiderman didn't keep all the facts straight from Dark Angel, as the exact details of Troy's death/return, and nearer the end of Fallen Hearts, the writing feels a bit more distinctly different.

However, this is still a decent continuation of the Casteel saga. Having the truth revealed (that Leigh wasn't the little tramp that Troy made her out to be) felt good. I know some
Sandra Durand
Jan 12, 2015 Sandra Durand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rossy
Mar 23, 2014 Rossy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The plot thickens in this third book of the Casteel saga. So many twists, surprises, drama, mystery, you name it! There were times when I wanted to cry, others when I wanted to throw something to the wall, and of course others when I wanted to close the book so the drama would stop.
Heaven goes through SO much in this book (yes, so-much!), I again feel sorry for all the things that happen to her and being surrounded by people who are plain evil.
I hated Fanny more than ever, that obnoxious, selfis
Michelle
Pati
Oct 11, 2015 Pati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genialne..jak zwykle poruszające,dramatyczne,drazniace...Fanny jest postacią wg. mnie najbardziej pokrzywdzona i tak bardzo mi jej żal.Nie umiem zloscic się za jej postępowanie wobec siostry.Jak może kochać..jak może cokolwiek rozumieć,gdy nikt jej tego nie nauczył.Heaven ma zupełnie inna osobowość,szła dzielnie przez życie...dopiela swego.Nigdy nie pomogła Fanny,by stała się inna osoba.Nie mogła na nikogo liczyć,sama,otoczona ludźmi lekkich obyczajów...Szczerze też,bardzo bym chciała by Troy od ...more
Jesse Haubert
The first two books in this series were not as good as the "Dollanganger" series or "My Sweet Audrina", but there were still good. Like "Gardens of Shadows" this book was started by V.C. Andrews and finished by Andrew Neiderman and it was the weakest in the series, with characters occasionally getting a little out of character. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't very good either and I rate it 4/10 stars. There are two more books, in this series, and they are both written completely by Andrew Neide ...more
Erin
The Casteel series was my favorite, more than the Flowers in the Attic series. But as much as I loved Heaven and her books back then, I know I started getting fed up with the same plot points over and over, like the mean and greedy sister who would purposely hurt the main character, the untrustworthy father, and the wonderful boyfriend who eventually cheated but was sorry....although, if you enjoy V.C. Andrews. then this is a great series!

Not anything that I would read now...but I loved these bo
Debbie
May 17, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heaven and Logan finally had they're beautiful wedding but then Tony assaults Heaven again. All Heaven wants to do is be happy and loved by Logan and do her teaching. But Tony lures them back and Logan thinks Heaven would be happy being around the lavish lifestyle she gave up. It all threatens to take away the happiness she has fought so hard for.
Mallorie
I really enjoyed the first two books but I hated how everything got reiterated. That never happened in the dollanger series and didn't happen after the first book. It was almost a struggle to get through in some parts where as the other two books I read quickly. I do like the characters though and I enjoyed the few twists it had.
Mary Reed
Read years ago.
Ashlee
Aug 31, 2015 Ashlee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
obviously this book was written by the ghostwriter. the characters have no dimensions, while i always thought Heaven was kind of a cry baby she did make herself a good case here for redemption. Logan and Fanny both still are awful.
Nico
Dec 04, 2014 Nico rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
one of the best, most loved series/authors of all time. V.C. Andrews books are something so easily recognizable and new books continue to evolve to go with the times and bring in a whole new generation of loving readers
Marna
Sep 23, 2015 Marna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Told you Logan was a big stupid jerk. Plus one star for the parts with Troy in them. I'd say half related less important than NOT A BIG STUPID JERK. Jeez, why am I still so emotional about this?
Nikki Marie
Nov 29, 2014 Nikki Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
v.c. andrews books are all absolutely amazing and very easily distinguishable from any other authors. i love the darkeness, secrets, lies, very addicting, i have almost every single book!
Nicole Mathias
Nov 28, 2014 Nicole Mathias rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kris - My Novelesque Life
When I read these novels back in the day I would have given them 3-3.5 STARS and now would say about one Star

I started reading VC Andrews books in the 1991 and stopped about 2003.

I have read:
-Hudson Series
-Shooting Stars Series
-DeBeers Series
-Broken Wings Series

As a preteen reading these novels was a rebellion and the gothic theme also seemed cool. I stopped reading this author because
Emma Donaghy
Jun 09, 2015 Emma Donaghy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is magnificent; wonderful characters and unforgettable scenes. You will remember it long after you have finished it.
Courtney Schafer
Tony Tatterton the master manipulator. Eh to the crap character of Logan and yes to Troy and Heaven!
Karen Cheng
Sep 06, 2014 Karen Cheng rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the beginning, I disliked the book. But now that I'm finished, I love it!
Jutta
okay, heaven is really starting to bug me in this one. so whiney.
  • Last Dance (Saturday Night, #2)
  • All Night Long (Sweet Valley High, #5)
  • Die Softly
  • Blood Roots
  • Honour Thy Father
  • The women of Eden (Eden #4)
  • Comes the Blind Fury
  • Hit And Run (Point Horror, #26)
  • Triple Ripple: A Fabulous Fairytale
  • V.C. Andrews: Her Life and Books
Books published under the following names - Virginia Andrews, V. Andrews, Virginia C. Andrews & V.C. Endrius. Books since her death ghost written by Andrew Neiderman, but still attributed to the V.C. Andrews name

Virginia Cleo Andrews (born Cleo Virginia Andrews) was born June 6, 1923 in Portsmouth, Virginia. The youngest child and the only daughter of William Henry Andrews, a career navy man
More about V.C. Andrews...

Casteel (5 books)
  • Heaven (Casteel, #1)
  • Dark Angel (Casteel, #2)
  • Gates of Paradise (Casteel, #4)
  • Web of Dreams (Casteel, #5)

“You are the most dangerous kind of female the world can ever know. You carry the seeds for your own destruction and the destruction of everyone who loves you. And a great many will love you for your beautiful face for your seductive body; but you will fail them all because you will believe they all fail you first. You are an idealist of the worst kind - the romantic idealist. Born to destroy and self destruct.” 335 likes
“Little rabbits have big ears.” 10 likes