Start by marking “Embracing Our Selves: The Voice Dialogue Manuel” as Want to Read:
Embracing Our Selves: The Voice Dialogue Manuel

Embracing Our Selves: The Voice Dialogue Manuel

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A humorous, insightful approach to understanding yourself better through inner dialogue with your subpersonalities, discovering what each needs and what each has to offer you.
Published September 2nd 2011 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about Embracing Our Selves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Embracing Our Selves

Stacy
This book is aimed towards psychology professionals. However, if you are looking for some good self-exploration, this book is intriguing. It takes a little while to get the flow of it. I found myself thinking, "Is the clinician trying to coax out multiple personality disorder?" What it is really about is giving your various traits a voice and imagining what they would say to you. Definitely thought-provoking.
Chris
Generally I'm a Voice Dialogue fan -- all the subpersonalities it has us explore can sometimes consume more time than more typical Gestalt chair work but hey, if it's your preference to go really deep this is a style of therapy for you. :)
Magenta
This is an amazing and enlightening book about a fairly new communication and self-interpretation technique. It is one of those books that rings very true as to the way we tend to dis-integrate over time as a result of traumas in our lives, and how we might approach reintegration of those selves into a personality system that functions in a healthier way. I'm looking forward to incorporating what i've learned from the book into my own therapy (My therapist is a practitioner of the Voice Dialogue ...more
Raphi
This book offers an entire world of taboo personalities that people wish to disown about themselves based who we think we are. The imagination of "the self." The basis of this book is we are all, the things we love about ourselves and the things we dislike. Yet, one in the same, we are all of them. This book is a way to find spiritual balance in life and gives you a greater (if not the greatest) defined definition of going with the flow and letting go and bringing in parts of yourself you may be ...more
Julie
There are a lot of really interesting and relatable ideas in this book. It gave insight into a lot of things going on in my head and also into a lot of my current and past relationships with friends, family, exes. The writing is not very good and I had a really hard time getting through the first third of it. The second and third parts were considerably more enjoyable for me. Although only giving it three stars I recommend it - just be open minded and take some/leave some as u see fit.
Harvey
Eye opening and comforting. Reminds us that the answers to some of life's biggest questions can only be found from within.

As mentioned in the book, there are deities and villains within us that must be honored and respected, just like the gods of ancient Greece, in order for us to live with ourselves, with other people, and the lessons in life.
Renate
After being introduced to Voice Dialogue in a workshop, I wanted to know more.
Alas, this book wasn't quite right for me. The edition I read was from the mid-eighties and made the technique almost seem outdated with all the Jungian dreamwork examples it offered. I'm still intrigued by Voice Dialogue, but if I hadn't experienced it myself this book just might have put me off.
Neelesh Marik
The self is a not a homogeneous being, but a collection of different sub-personalities who sometimes complement or contradict each other. The idea is to be aware.
Fran B
Leido en Rio de Janeiro 2012
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Klara Maučec
Klara Maučec marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Helen Roditis
Helen Roditis marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Charlotte Levin
Charlotte Levin is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2014
Sergio Manuel
Sergio Manuel marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Sharon Grable
Sharon Grable marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Luis Cabrera
Luis Cabrera marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
John Lutton
John Lutton marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Embracing Your Inner Critic: Turning Self-Criticism into a Creative Asset Partnering: A New Kind of Relationship Embracing Each Other: How to Make All Your Relationships Work for You Embracing Our Selves Voice Dialogue: A Tool for Transformation