Start by marking “The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend” as Want to Read:
The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend

The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend (The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend #1)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  22 reviews
2014 Next Generation Indie Book Finalist Award-Historical Fiction
The Pirate Captain, Chronicles of a Legend, "Nor Silver" is a historical action/adventure saga with a twisted love story and answers the question of what would one man do to "Keep his Treasure"!
Having lost hearth and heart to the Stuart Uprising, CATE MACKENZIE, a fugitive war criminal, purchases passage on
Published January 24th 2013 by Createspace (first published September 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Pirate Captain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pirate Captain

Jill

description

Having fled England's shores bound for a new life in Kingston, Jamaica Catherine (Cate) Mackenzie is kidnapped by pirates and taken on board their ship, captained by the legendary Nathanael (Nathan) Blackthorne. Cate has a warrant out for her arrest, having been involved in the Stuart Uprising. Her husband, Brian a leader in the uprising has been transported, believed dead.

Set in 1753, most of the action and story takes place aboard the pirate ship, where Cate is given protection in th
T. Edmund
Wow, OK, so where do I begin with this book? I guess I'll start with the best description I can muster: A Mils & Boon romance set on a pirate ship (apparently this has been done before despite being second only in unlikeliness to Dinosaur erotica) stretched to more than 600 pages through endless mind numbing information dumps about sailing and 'character development'

The first warning I was reading a book I probably should have put down, was the beginning chapter being in pure 'pirate' with s
Emery Lee
This started out to be one of my favorite books in a very long time!There are so many wonderful things to recommend it until the damned ending! I was all ready to give it a well-deserved five stars and a glowing review but then came the final pages and the ending that wasn't. It felt too abrupt with no resolution of anything and left too many unanswered questions. (view spoiler) ...more
Jen Rowan
There's no mistaking the fact that pirates have become rather popular in recent years, and Pirate Captain just adds to the fare. A fun, swashbuckling story with adventure, danger, and the sort of romantic tension that makes you want to shake both main characters for their stubbornness. The author clearly spent a lot of time on researching everything from weapons to nautical terminology to pirate vocabulary. At times, the story gets a little repetitive, mostly in terms of the fights between the p ...more
Zan Steadham
Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend, is not your usual pirate story. It’s a sprawling tale with more layers than a hundred onions. At the center of the tale lies the stories of Cate McKenzie, a woman who hides deep secrets, and Capt. Nathanael Jonathan Edward Blackthorne, a man of mystery and legend. Good read.
Susan Freeze jennings
This book, Nor Silver, is just an appetizer for a smorgasbord of tantalizing pirate storytelling in Kerry Lynne's first book. The Pirate Captain leads us to endless treasures of greed, power, thievery, everlasting love, profound hatred and non-stop action. I loved this book and immediately bought the second book, Nor Gold. Now, awaiting her next and third book, Treasured Treasures, I am rereading both books.....if you truly want a fabulous story, you will not want to miss this!
Ann Alton
It cracks me up that I thoroughly enjoyed a book called "the pirate captain." No, it's not a bodice-ripper, which is what the title made me think of. It's about flawed people, afraid to trust. It's about the characters and the relationships which is what i look for first and foremost in a book. Some elements smack of the Pirates of the Caribbean, some of Outlander, but I loved the characters, as much as I wanted to shake them or even punch them at times....
Tami
Haven't received my copy yet, just received notice I had won. 10/10/13
Received my copy and hope to start soon. Have 4 others plus my current read in front. Side note: my nephew opened the package and tried to commandeer the book!
Started 11/17/13
Finished 11/29/13

Cate is a fugitive. She has paid for passage on a ship headed to the West Indies. Unfortunately, that ship is overtaken by pirates, and not just any pirate, but Nathanael Blackthorne. Cate finds herself taken hostage. Life aboard a pirate
Shirli
Every once in awhile along comes a book that you don't necessarily just read, you actually live the story—When it happens it's magical. This is that kind of book. It is perhaps the most engaging and fun pirate book I’ve read in my entire life (which isn’t to say a better one won’t come along in the future.)

I have but a few quibbles, those being editing, in fact, one paragraph is almost repeated verbatim during Cate’s walk along the beach with Thomas. My other quibble was the layout of the digit
W Doak
I really enjoyed this step into the past of the realistic life on a pirate ship in the 1700's. The characters are real and flawed just like "we all are"; the Captain and Cate (MC)do the unexpected and make mistakes yep there are smiles and tears. It was a gritty and violent world on the high seas in 1753 and the Pirate Captain shows this in vivid detail; from one minute to the next you never knew who would survive and who would not definitely a live for the day life style. I like book series and ...more
Rita Wright
I can not lay it down.
Cinward
Oct 30, 2013 Cinward rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cinward by: Goodreads
I really liked this. It was so big I thought it would take forever to read, but I zipped straight through. What I liked most was that the characters were 'real'. As in, they could be stinky, have scars that were ugly and painful. It was very easy to visualize everything that happened with how well everything was described, without getting to describe-y.

And it came with a nifty book mark and sticker!
Melissa ownsbey
i liked i enjoyed it very much i cant wait to see what happens in the next book
i rewally liked a the sword fifghting the best
the book cover was awesome
i could see it as a tattoo i would get it butim afraid of needles
if u like fighting ships and pirties u should give this a try
M Tittle
WOW! What a surprise. Was looking for a quick read for a business trip and fell in love. The historical setting and Nathan and Cate's complicated relationship made for a great read. Can't wait for book two!
Lori Greenlee
Loved it!

A friend suggested this book and I just loved it . It's long and had twists and turns but so worth the read
Annee
I loved this book. It has everything. Humor, facinating historical seafaring details and fabulous characters to love and love to hate. I highly recommend this book. It's rolicking good fun.
Amanda Wurtzberger
I liked the book. I've read others didn't like the ending, but I did. I'm ready to read the next one.
Victoria Vane
Truly enjoyed this! Review by Emery Lee will post soon at Romantic Historical Lovers.
Hafiza
Very long
Way, way, too long
Brittany
Honestly, I am shocked that I finished this. Totally not what I was expecting from such high reviews. I rated this a 3 because its an Indie author and I really and truly hope that the mistakes that I found were editing errors and not a reflection of the writing skills. I do wish this author the best of luck because the ideas are there. Just a little clean-up work is needed for me to enjoy them. But I am just one person and this book was written FOR me. I do readily admit that I tend to more "exp ...more
I am not sure why I felt compelled to complete this book, perhaps hoping for more. Just a dry read that had the opportunity to be something, but fell short of the mark.
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Shaye Lowe
Shaye Lowe marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Tiki Pankou
Tiki Pankou marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
JM
JM marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
  • Molly September
  • Wilderness Trail of Love (American Wilderness, #1)
  • Seldom Come By
  • The Seahawk's Sanctuary
  • Castaway Dreams
  • An Heir of Uncertainty
  • Death Comes to the Village (Kurland St. Mary Mystery series, #1)
  • Sea Witch (Sea Witch Voyages, #1)
  • Confessions of a Courtesan
  • The Pirate's Jewel (Pirate, #2)
  • Diana
  • The Pride of the King (Historical Fiction About Bold Women)
  • Treacherous Temptations (Entangled Scandalous)
  • My Lady Pirate (Heros of the Sea, #3)
  • Defying a Pirate
  • A Crowning Mercy (Crowning Mercy, #1)
  • The Noble Pirates
  • Paradise Falls
"Kerry Lynne was a history major in college and went into teaching for a few years. Then she wound up in the decorative painting world, where she traveled, taught and published for some 30 years. And then her hand wouldn't work. So she went back to what she knew: writing, history and sailing." Lynne's fictional writing achievements includes The Pirate Captain, Chronicles of a Legend (Nor Silver) 2 ...more
More about Kerry Lynne...

The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend (2 books)
  • Nor Gold (The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend, #2)
Nor Gold (The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend, #2) LocoThology 2013: Tales of Fantasy & Science Fiction (Volume 3)

“Wisdom of the ages you seek, lad? I offer but one word: treasure. At what price does this treasure come, you ask, for not all does silver and gold make? If it be treasure you seek then you are a pirate!” 1 likes