Start by marking “Profiling Your Date: A Smart Woman's Guide to Evaluating a Man” as Want to Read:
Profiling Your Date: A Smart Woman's Guide to Evaluating a Man

Profiling Your Date: A Smart Woman's Guide to Evaluating a Man

The smart woman's guide to dating and relating

To get into a man's heart, you have to get into his head. With this insider's guide to evaluating a man, Caroline Presno, Ed.D., P.C.C. teaches women how to apply psychotherapists' tricks of the trade to finding Mr. Right. Caroline Presno has developed systematic ways to ‘profile' a man for his degree of commitment readiness, h
Published September 4th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Profiling Your Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Profiling Your Date

Caroline
Feb 22, 2008 Caroline rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Women who are serious about getting into a serious relationship.
I couldn't resist reviewing my own work--but I want to hear from you! Please feel free to post reviews here and on amazon.com or any other book websites out there.

All Best,
Caroline
Ann M
Nov 30, 2007 Ann M rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who dates, however, it is geared toward women.
I thought this book was actually pretty interesting. Particularly since "profiling my date" is something I had already begun to do after my recent divorce to a man I was with simply because (I thought) he was a "good" guy. Very much the wrong guy for me, though.

Once you know what you want and need out of a S.O. "profiling" is something you need to do to stay on course. Of course I didn't call it profiling. I called it "not being a dumbass again".

:o)

This book didn't offer any Major insights to me
Chriss
Feb 29, 2008 Chriss rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chriss by: Caroline Presno
Shelves: self-improvement
Sometime's even smart women need a little guidance! I really liked the approach that Caroline took with this book, not following the trend of other dating books by trying to be quirky with catchy lingo or too hip. She came across like one smart woman to another...even a little therapist thrown in but not in an obvious way. I felt like I was listening to a friend tell me like it is, someone who actually cared about my well-being so I was willing to sit and listen. She hits on all the basic topics ...more
Jill
Dec 02, 2010 Jill rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010
Good information as far as it goes, but Presno joins the hordes of authors and speakers who say, "Pay attention to your surroundings," and leave with that. Presno would have improved the book by addressing what to do with the information gained from paying attention. Easy to read and informative sections on common personality traits, such as narcissism, including how these traits are manifested. Good for a basic, easily read overview, but not much different from other books of this nature.
Jessica
Jan 20, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Some of the stuff - most - in this book is very basic dating 101 stuff. I would have benefited from it ten years ago, before I had dated all the loser types it profiles. However, there are some interesting insights into different psychological disorders and how they might affect a relationship, so it was fun putting all the guys I dated in the past into the little boxes provided by the author.
Johanna
Dec 21, 2008 Johanna rated it liked it
This book is teaches how to quickly and efficiently spot the warning signs of a potentially bad partner. I appreciate the idea that the sooner you assess a person's character (and consequently terminate the relationship), the better. The book also helps you narrow down the qualities you are looking for and which one's hold highest and lowest priority. Good read for the single peeps.
Lauren
May 08, 2012 Lauren rated it did not like it
Nothing new here if you already know how to relate to people. This book is best for those who don't know how to recognize an obvious psychopath...
Vicki Furrin
Vicki Furrin rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2013
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2008
Karen Li
Karen Li rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Moira Pitt
Moira Pitt rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Shandra
Shandra rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2010
John
John rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2014
Jennifer Vandoren
Jennifer Vandoren rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Cathy Thrower
Cathy Thrower rated it it was ok
Feb 16, 2017
MB (What she read)
MB (What she read) rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Connie
Connie rated it it was ok
Jan 03, 2013
Blietzkriegbop
Blietzkriegbop rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Tasha
Tasha rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2011
Krystle
Krystle rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Chantel
Chantel rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2009
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2008
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2008
Georgmarie
Georgmarie marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2008
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2008
Maria
Maria added it
Jul 08, 2010
Denika
Denika marked it as to-read
May 15, 2011
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2011
Tammie
Tammie added it
Jul 26, 2011
LBSinger
LBSinger marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2011
Aslin
Aslin marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2012
Zakyia
Zakyia marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2012
Theresa Guerra
Theresa Guerra marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Deepak Singh Bisth
Deepak Singh Bisth marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Mila Bee
Mila Bee marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Like all my writing, the new children’s picture/self-help book, 1, 2, 3, 4: Nightmare No More, is a reflection of what’s going on in my life at the time. When I was single and in my 30’s, I wrote, Profiling Your Date: A Smart Woman’s Guide to Evaluating a Man (St. Martin’s Griffin).

Now a wife and mom, I’m interested in all things parenting. Through freelance writing and blogging, I’ve covered top
More about Caroline Presno...