The Karate Mouse

The Karate Mouse (Geronimo Stilton #40)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  729 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Enter the world of Geronimo Stilton, where another funny, cheesy adventure is always right around the corner. Each book is fast-paced with lively art and a unique format kids 7-10 will love. Geronimo Stilton gets caught up in the World Karate Championships, thanks to the efforts of Bruce Hyena and Piccolo Tao, Bruce's super-sporty cousin. Geronimo only has a week to become...more
Published December 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2005)

Nataliajd96
Geronimo Stilton is not a sporty mouse. He's more of a book mouse, likes to relax and have some quiet time so,.... when his friends Bruce Hyena and Shorty Tao settled him on a plane to fly to a mysterious place that he didn't know of he felt panic. But when he found out that they were going to compete in the Karate World Championship, panic really came! Geronimo was no sporty mouse and he didn't know a thing about karate so how was he going to over come this challenge. He knew that his friends...more
Richard
In this, number 40 of the series, Geronimo Stilton’s adventurous friends blindfold him and fly him off to Japan to learn Karate. After a mere 7 days he fights in the world championships! Geronimo proves that if we try really hard and put our mind to something anything is possible.

However after Geronimo finishes his last fight the book moves to deal with a serious issue in sport, performance enhancing substances. Even though it is an excellent idea to teach children that cheating is wrong and has...more
Charlene
Hi Readers!
I am reading this book called The Karate Mouse. By Geronimo Stilton.

This book mainly takes place in San Francisco, at the dojo. It is a nice spring morning and the sun was shining.

Karate Dojo:
It looks like a bunch of ants that are doing the same actions (On the bleachers)
I might hear the sensei say "Would said you can interrupt me" like he always say to Geronimo.
I might smell sweat because lots of mouse had been exercising for a long time.
I might see Bruce Hyena cheering for Geroni...more
Mia Knight
Before I came to fourth grade, I wasn't a very voracious reader. So most of the time I was reading books WAY below my level. Probably about third grade level when I was like three levels above it! But while I was reading books like this, I found this book, The Karate Mouse. I loved this book like a mom who loved her kids! I really love the characters personalities. I love how Geronimo always ends up doing something one of his family members wants him to do. I would really recommend this book to...more
Shawn
I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the vocabulary and educational factor in this book. The books are simply written so I understand why my students like them. Silly and irreverent, the authors bring lightness while providing information for students that may be outside of their normal surroundings.

In The Karate Mouse, Geronimo is exposed to the Japanese martial art of karate. The book explains the background and philosophy of karate and provides a wonderful vocabulary to go with it. G...more
Callie Stillion
Geronimo Stilton doesn`t want to be in a Karate World Championship, until Bruce Hyena and his sporty cousin Shorty Tao sign him up for it.
The only catch is Geronimo has only one week to practice his routine and then he has to live up to find out that his partner is only the strongest mouse in the championship.
Will he win big? Or will Geronimo lose small?
Kathryn
Gronimo enters Karate. I think that it is funy that the author of Gironimo Stilton is named Gironimo stilton.I think that Gironimo
(the real man) actuly does go on edventrs to the places he go he
goes to in books. And does the stuff he does in the books.
I also think that he also has a sister named Thea, a cousin ,trap
, and a nefue Benjemen.
Morgan
it is cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucia
a great story, Geronimos just sitting at home when his friend, bruce, calls him.But bruce wasn't just calling him for fun and games, Shorty tao (bruce's friend) was going to a karate championship and they had both decided that Geronimo had to come to! Will Geronimo come back with a thousand bruises?
Nho
Geronimo Stilton gets caught up in the World Karate Championships, thanks to the efforts of Bruce Hyena and Piccolo Tao, Bruce's super-sporty cousin. Geronimo only has a week to become real champion material! Will Geronimo manage to overcome his fears in order to win the competition?
Mckenzie 11-12
Since ive been in second grade ive always loved to read these Geronimo Stilton books! I like them because the author, when theres a action verb or word he always draw's little pictures on them. EXAMPLE: the word looking has eyes on them its funny! I hope you can read these to!
Aditi Radhakrishnan
I really think the Geronimo series is cool...it's for kids but the layout, presentation and creativity is somehting we can learn from! This book additionally has a lot of info about Karate which is quite interesting (esp if you have learnt karate a little).

Nancy Jo Lambert
Wow! I knew the kids loved these books, but they are not what I thought they were. I put this on my historical fiction shelf because all throughout the book are these little nonfiction factoids. Funny, exciting, easy to read little chapter books!
Anna Liu
I thought that this book was interesting.I learned some karate moves and some Japanese.My favorite part of the book was when Geronimo did his special move that Sensei Yamamouse taught him and he flipped backwards because of the blinding light.
Brenna
I love the Geronimo Stilton series! :) They are fun, easy to read books. I'd give this particular one a 3 and a half if I could, since it wasn't my favorite one that I've read so far.
Twyla
Erin
Wonderful series for 2nd grade level. Full color pictures and kid friendly footnotes on almost every page, but still at a good reading level.
Fatima
I love to read Geronimo books whenever I am free, they are educational and take your mind off work load when Exams are near.
Shannon
My 9 year old reads this book over and over he finds it hilarious. I am glad to have found a book he loves to read.
Payton
I'm surprise that karate players have to pee for the judge to figure out if they took a pill to help them get stronger.
Ryan
Osu!

geronimo went to Japan and learnt Karate.
It is a tough job to do in 7 days.
Can he do it?
Jade Little
it was boring i just wanted 2 see if this .com lets u read free books but it sucks like BALLS!!!
Natalie
This book was great because there are so many fights and he was scared of the Big Karate Mouse
Gabby
Can't remember if I've read this or not...but read it (again?) anyway.
Beth
I'm not a big karate fan but this was cute and really quite educational!
Nathan Smith
A mouse that becomes an amazing karate machine in over a WEEK! Good book
Kelsy Flanders
When I read this book it gave me a new perspective on karate.
Colleen
My daughter and I love these books. They are sooo cute!
Alex
This book reminds me alot about karate and it's soo cool.
karate 2 2 Jul 13, 2011 10:10PM
  • Thea Stilton And The Secret City
  • Attack Of The Tyrannosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #1)
  • Mrs. Roopy Is Loopy! (My Weird School, #3)
  • Horrible Harry Moves up to the Third Grade
  • The Ninth Nugget (A to Z Mysteries, #14)
A pseudonym of Elisabetta Dami, aka Thea Stilton.

Elisabetta Dami is an Italian author that currently resides in Italy. She is the author of the Geronimo Stilton series, a bestselling childrens book. She enjoys traveling the world seeking ideas for her series. She writes under a pseudonym of Geronimo Stilton. She is also a co-owner of Italian based publishing company Edizioni Piemme. Her books have...more
More about Geronimo Stilton...
Lost Treasure of the Emerald Eye (Geronimo Stilton, #1) The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid (Geronimo Stilton, #2) Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House (Geronimo Stilton, #3) Paws Off, Cheddarface! (Geronimo Stilton, #6) Geronimo Stilton, Secret Agent (Geronimo Stilton, #34)