Start by marking “The Ice Bowl: The Cold Truth About Football's Most Unforgettable Game” as Want to Read:
The Ice Bowl: The Cold Truth About Football's Most Unforgettable Game

The Ice Bowl: The Cold Truth About Football's Most Unforgettable Game

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The day of the Ice Bowl game was so cold, the referees' whistles wouldn't work; so cold, the reporters' coffee froze in the press booth; so cold, fans built small fires in the concrete and metal stands; so cold, TV cables froze and photographers didn't dare touch the metal of their equipment; so cold, the game was as much about survival as it was about skill and strategy. ...more
Published October 1st 2005 by McBooks Press

To ask other readers questions about The Ice Bowl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ice Bowl

Massimo Foglio
Una partita epica raccontata in maniera straordinaria. Una montagna di aneddoti, informazioni, particolari tale da perdersi.
Splendida l'introduzione "storica" per inquadrare le squadre e, soprattutto, i due allenatori, la loro provenienza comune, le esperienze e le filosofie.
Il capitolo finale dedicato al drive conclusivo della partita vale da solo tutto il libro per la maestaria con cui viene raccontato.
Craig
I very much enjoyed reading this book. It was well written in an engaging style.
There was good background on the coaches, some players, and history behind the game. This included its significance to both teams and their playing history.

The most interesting item was Mercin's explanation for why his arms were up; appearing to signal the touchdown.
Rae
I read a favorable and inviting review of this book, so I was surprised to find it a dud. It was far too detailed for my interest as just a fan, and I felt somewhat let down--the author promised to surprise and enlighten me and did neither. I guess a real intense football fan would probably enjoy this.
Bill Grass
Lots of names of all players from my youth but too technical and football terms and radio play-by-play segments were boring. I would not recommend this book.
Lisa
A lot of interesting football factoids. Probably any football fan would enjoy this, but especially Packer & Cowboy fans for obvious reasons.
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Sam Genau
Sam Genau is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2014
Lauren Draper-wood
Lauren Draper-wood marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
John Curd
John Curd is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Feb 03, 2014
Craig
Craig marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Johnrylelawsoniii
Johnrylelawsoniii marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Kathleen Santos
Kathleen Santos marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Koufax From Baltimore to Broadway: Joe, the Jets, and the Super Bowl III Guarantee The American Football League: A Year-By-Year History, 1960-1969. with Foreword by Richard Gordon Nitschke