Start by marking “Anything for a Dollar” as Want to Read:
Anything for a Dollar

Anything for a Dollar

What would you do to make a buck?

They are the objects of desire—dancing on the bar or on boxes at circuit parties, performing for either the video camera or their own webcams, or coming to you for a night of passion at a price.

But they aren’t gods. They are men with needs and desires of their own, fantasy men with fantasies of their own. Some of today’s top writers of gay
Published October 15th 2013 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Anything for a Dollar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anything for a Dollar

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*3.5 stars*

Readers, don't be fooled by that ugly cover: This is a well written, nicely edited collection of erotic M/M shorts. They vary from the very vanilla to the very kinky, and there is a wide range of genres- historical, paranormal, mystery, contemporary... you name it, this collection has it. Some of these are stories are amazing and some are duds (my rating is the numerical average) but I really enjoyed this collection.

"In the Studio," by Max Reynolds- 4 stars
Awesome, sensual, atmospher
SheReadsALot
So...

Like...

Um...

I wanna know what they will do exactly for said dollar.

Hope it's raunchy.

Don't judge.
Nathan Burgoine
Sep 16, 2013 Nathan Burgoine marked it as to-read
Shelves: anthologies, glbt
"In the Studio," by Max Reynolds

This is the first story in an anthology I don't think I've talked about yet on my Short Stories 365 trek. It comes from Anything For a Dollar, the latest anthology from Todd Gregory. A themed collection of gay erotica featuring passion for a price, I opened this collection thinking I was going to be pleasantly surprised - I can always trust Todd Gregory to collect stories that take the theme and go in a variety of directions, also, the table of contents was full o
Valen
Oct 22, 2013 Valen rated it really liked it
While I'm not necessarily into books about people selling themselves for money, not because I'm a prude, but because those books tend to be just a way for the author to write about people having sex, often violent and the story be damned, "Anything For A Dollar" manages to avoid this!

There were a couple of a odd stories that I did not like because they didn't feel authentic and I did not connect with the characters, but for 90% of the book, I really enjoyed everything!

The men in this book are
Sep 18, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
When I first started this book I was a little concerned I wasn't going to like it. But after the first story I have to say I was hooked. These are stories about guys that either are needing the money desperately or just seem to do it as a job. There are some stories that I hated, and some I loved. I'm not going to list each and every story because that would take awhile as there are numerous stories in it, but I will say that these stories have you feeling something for the young men trying to e ...more
Hubbys Subbie
Oct 30, 2013 Hubbys Subbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
I had no idea what to expect with this one, but was pleasantly surprised with what I got - hot. The M/M action was definitely steamy, sultry, and... sticky.

The stories collected here span a number of genres, time periods, and cultures. The common thread, as the title suggests, is the exchange of money for a part of another person - their body, their pride, their dreams, their future, their soul. What drives a person to sell a part of himself? What motivates another to want to buy a piece of som
Amy H
Sep 19, 2013 Amy H rated it really liked it
I got this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

ok, this book wasn't what i expected, but all in all it was a good book..

this is a book that has a lot of short stories. Each short story is about a man who would do anything to make a "dollar" this men all are gay, and will each have their own experience with an art project, stripping, gang leaders, etc.

this book is very explicit. their are some parts of the book where a man just takes him not raped, but the guy did enjoy it, a
Ryan
Jan 15, 2014 Ryan rated it liked it
This collection of stories are eye opening and will get most peoples heart racing. So it did what its supposed to do. However, there is a backlash if you will. It’s about men using their bodies to make money, and the well written characters in some of the stories make you want to lift them out of their problems. So you end up feeling a little down.
Brandy
Dec 29, 2013 Brandy rated it liked it
While this was erotic as all hell. I didn't feel as if there was a point to it. There was a story within a story but no real answer as to "why" it was all taking place. It's in your face sexually speaking. Just missing the reasoning for it.
Jason
Sep 22, 2013 Jason rated it really liked it
Tamela
I do like anthologies and this was a good one. Great theme and good stories with a little something for everyone.
T.A. McKay
Feb 25, 2016 T.A. McKay rated it really liked it
Copy from netgalley

A nice selection of short mm stories. Some were better than others but overall they were all readable and it passed a pleasant afternoon.
Jk
Jk rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2015
Lissa
Lissa rated it liked it
May 25, 2014
Aaliyah
Aaliyah rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Bill
Bill rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2013
Alexander
Alexander rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2013
Austin Redcliffe
Austin Redcliffe rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2014
Tracy's Place
Oct 18, 2013 Tracy's Place rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 out of 5
Basil M
Basil M marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2013
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Dennie
Dennie marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Charmaine Stephens
Charmaine Stephens marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Tj
Tj marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Pennynickel
Pennynickel marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2013
Jeffrey Ricker
Oct 18, 2013 Jeffrey Ricker added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Rick
Rick marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2013
Gustav Smith
Gustav Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Coty
Coty marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
WillyBC
WillyBC marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Feb 18, 2014
Manisha
Manisha marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Michelle *mke*
Michelle *mke* marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014