Start by marking “Tap Dance (Dance, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tap Dance (Dance, #2)

Tap Dance (Dance #2)

Book Two in the Dance series finds Marianne Gibson with a few too many men on her hands.

First, there's the Chief of Police, Ram Patel, who she has lusted after ever since they spent some brief time together in her apartment .

There's Detective Paul Adler, one of Ram's best, that asked her out within two minutes of meeting her.

There's her ex-husband, Steve Quinlan, who need
Published February 20th 2013 by J. A. Hornbuckle

To ask other readers questions about Tap Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tap Dance

Ann
Feb 28, 2013 Ann rated it liked it
Bk 2 of the Dance Series. Not as strong as JAH’s first 2 bks and it seems she’s lost a bit of that KA charm that influenced her first 2 bks which endeared them to me. Although I liked main characters Marianne and Ram well enough the first 75% of the bk just wasn’t all that exciting and I just couldn’t warm up to their story. After the 75% mark the drama picks up and it got a bit more interesting. It’s somewhat confusing since there are 2 separate series with all the same characters and this bk ...more
Jill
Mar 25, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it
4.5* I really liked the characters in these books very much. Relateable and real. I wish that they would just leave out the 'suspense" element of the books, I don't think they add anything, if anything, they take away. Like the way these and the HH books overlap. Looking forward to more.
Lana
May 23, 2013 Lana rated it liked it
I really like this author, and I think she writes books that are fun to read. I enjoyed this book, except for two things. One was an issue with the hero, I felt that he completely did not step up like a man during a critical scene, and it really made me like him less To be more specific (view spoiler) ...more
Linda Sims
Mar 25, 2013 Linda Sims rated it liked it
NOT QUITE AS COMPELLING AS HER OTHER BOOKS

This is the second book in the Dance series. This is Ram and Marianne's story. Ram is the police chief and Marianne is an accountant. The story kicks straight off with the mystery part of the story, but as the book progressed, I thought that it became fairly predictable.
The tension between Ram and Marianne was not quite as strong as the authors previous couples. Characters from her other series Human Hieroglyphics feature in this, but readers might find
Black Butterfly
Jul 28, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: romance, erotica
THIS IS THE 2ND IN THE "DANCE SERIES", SHOWCASES CHARACTERS (ram & Marianne)FROM THE FIRST BK# "POLE DANCE". I ENJOYED SEEING SOME OF THE CHARACTERS FROM THE PREVIOUS BOOK. I LIKED THE PROGRESS OF RAM & MARIANNE'S LOVE STORY, I WAS A BIT WORRIED FOR A MINUTE BUT EVERYTHING TURNS OUT RIGHT. THE STORYLINE WAS A LITTLE PREDICTABLE, FOR ME ANYWAY, IT WAS SEXY AND ROMANTIC. THERE ARE TWO REPETITATIVE THINGS THAT GOT ON MY NERVES "PYARI & HONEY, SAID BY THE MAIN CHARACTERS. I DON'T THINK ...more
Aura'Lee
Oct 12, 2013 Aura'Lee rated it it was ok
I'm not sure I gave this book a chance because I loved Cait and jake. Will there be a book 3?

Mari and Ram were cute but just didn't really seem to do it for me. I found myself speed reading towards the end just to finish and find out what was going on. And what was up with the warning from Sara about Jake? That just seemed irrelevant, but because I love Mr. And Mrs. Gorgeous, I want to know. I get it, she was just jealous, but couldn't she see that he has grown up and that was the past and how
Eleighna
Feb 01, 2013 Eleighna rated it really liked it
4.5 stars,/b>

As a new author her books keep getting better and better! I LOVED this story and the MC's. I was introduced to Ram and Marianne in Pole Dance and could not wait until their story was released. Ram is the Chief of Police and a SEXY hero. Marianne is a sweet and sultry heroine who has had the "hots" for Ram ever since she first met him. I do not want to give any of this story away because it is best to experience their story as you read it. I can say that it definitely was not what
Nicole Carr
Feb 27, 2015 Nicole Carr rated it did not like it
This book was about a girl who took her dream as being a tap dancer, but she got trampled into a situation with a detective. She wanted to stop her dream of being a tap dancer but after she did she felt very bad and sad that she quit so she went back but so did the detective. While her dreams are being ruined the detectives dreams are being granted.

This book wasn't the best book in the world. The placements were out of order and it was just plain out confusing to me and I wanted to cry when I fi
diana marcela Ballestas
Sep 07, 2015 diana marcela Ballestas rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-ligero
I enjoyed this story, it has just the right amount of humor, romance, eroticism and suspense. A little repetitive in parts, but with a consistent and well-structured story.

I liked very much the Ram and Marianne's story, though I think that she has a serious problem saying no, which caused her unnecessary inconvenience with several guys.

also I like that retook part that had remained unfinished situations of the first half but I still expecting a punishment for Jamison, I can not believe he still
Ivy Deluca
Mar 02, 2013 Ivy Deluca rated it liked it
I liked the characters, and there's definitely chemistry between the H/h and the prerequisite hot sex ensues. It could have scored higher if I'd felt there was a stronger mystery or challenges for these two to be together. Considering their cultural differences, I thought it would be a bigger part of the story and I would have welcomed it. The mystery was kind of weak and I didn't feel that tension, wondering if it would all work out.

All in all, it wasn't bad, just feel that it could have been
Jenn
Apr 20, 2013 Jenn rated it liked it
I was able to read this in one night.

what I liked:
1. Ram reminded me of Hank a little bit from KAs Rock Chick series.
2. Ram's term of endearment for Marianne: Pyari.
3. The couples drama issues were short lived.
4. How Ram treats Marianne.
5. Secondary cast of characters.
6. Ram and Marianne's ending.
7. Ram and Marianne's Pov's
8. The crime story line.

Content: language and detailed sexual situations.
Lu
Mar 08, 2014 Lu rated it liked it
Entertaining and quick read. I first picked up this author because she reminded me of Kristen Ashley but this book had more of her own voice. Marianne and Ram are secondary characters in Hornbuckle's first book, Pole Dance and this is their story.
Coco at *My Reading Nook Blog*
I liked this one but I just didn't feel the heat between the hero and heroine in Tap Dance like I did in Ms. Hornbuckle's other books I've read. Also, the subplots with the heroine's ex-husband and the other cop just didnt add anything meaningful to the story for me.
Christina Lyn
This book wasn't that strong enough to over come the excitement that I felt reading the first one. Though Ram Patel is very mysterious and strong guy. I liked him a lot. But I wished its more sweeter than the first book.
Andrea
Mar 07, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
Loved it!! The writing gets better and better with every book!! Cannot wait for Gabe and Chrystals story!! Favorite Quote " First one naked gets to be on top"
Ryan
Feb 27, 2013 Ryan rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed Marianne & Ram's story! I love the Dance series and the Hieroglyphix series by Ms. Hornbuckle. Can't wait to read about Crys and Gabe next!
Stephy
Feb 25, 2013 Stephy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-books-read
I just loved this book. It had everything in it. She's made this book more hers and not too much like KA. Just read it. You'll love it.
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2014
Cam
Cam rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Eva (TXBookjunkie)
Eva (TXBookjunkie) rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2013
Alyson
Alyson rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2013
Cassie
Cassie rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Steph Laurin
Steph Laurin rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2013
Kary Lucas
Kary Lucas rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Sabrina Rincon
Sabrina Rincon rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Sahara Hoshi
Sahara Hoshi rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Myra
Myra rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2015
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2014
  • The Truth About Numbnuts and Chubbs (NYC Confidential #1)
  • Fall for You (Gully's Fall, #2)
  • Gavin's Submissives (Creek Valley, #1)
  • A Little Wild
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Beautiful Goodbye (Beautiful, #1)
  • Damaged and the Outlaw (Damaged, #4)
  • Slim To None (Cedar Tree #1)
  • Infinite Betrayal (Blood Feud #1)
  • Bad Mouth (Immortalis, #1)
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
  • Muscle For Hire (Heart of Fame, #2)
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Enlightened (Red Flags, #2)
  • In the Air (The City, #1)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
My heart was beating so freaking fast. I could hear the murmurings of the crowd behind the curtain where I was hiding, that separated me from them.
It was time. Time for me to come out and talk with them, those people from Goodreads that had read my books, rated my books and that wanted to know the person behind the words.
I stepped my way carefully out onto the stage, my heartbeat the only sound my
More about J.A. Hornbuckle...

Dance (2 books)