Frozen Big Golden Book (Disney Frozen)

Frozen Big Golden Book (Disney Frozen)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  653 ratings  ·  83 reviews
A New York Times Bestseller!

Walt Disney Animation Studios presents an epic tale of adventure and comedy with Frozen. When a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, Anna, a young dreamer, must team up with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, and his reindeer on the grandest of journeys to find Anna's sister, the Snow Queen Elsa, and put an end to her icy spell. Encounterin...more
Published October 1st 2013 by Golden/Disney (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Frozen Big Golden Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frozen Big Golden Book

Tara
Such a cute book. With a few exceptions, it follows the movie exactly. I kept singing the songs to myself as I read.
Michelle (SweetBookReviews)
The fact that I've read this really proves how freaking excited I am for this movie.
Autumn
Dec 29, 2013 Autumn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loved the movie
I love this movie! My second favorite movie of all time. Tangled comes first, although I think it's the closest tie ever. I count them both as my favorite.
Lily
Alison Stadt
Anna a little girl couldn't sleep one night. She woke up Elsa. They started playing Elsa used her ice powers to make ice pillars so Anna could jump from pillar to pillar but she accsadently hit Anna with her magic.
Anna would be all right but Elsa had to hide her powers from Anna. Years and years went by and Elsa still didn't open her door for Anna.

One day the king and queen went on a ship but did not return because the ship sank into the waves. The people of Airendale needed a new queen!
Elsa w...more
Alexandria
May 01, 2014 Alexandria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Samantha King and Patricia King
Recommended to Alexandria by: The Movie
♆Some-person♆
Lol. Okay look. I know this is probably a kids book and all,but I wanted to read it. So I did. You got a problem with that? Cuz if you do then-uh......... I don't know..... Fix it?

*facepalm*
Twyla Meeus
Since I don't watch TV that much and everyone I know is going crazy about this movie, I thought I'd just read the book and have it over with. It also took me less time than the movie would, which is wonderful.

I can't be as positive as everyone has been about this movie. It's a Disney movie and we all know that they're pretty much all the same. Drama -> solution -> real love -> happy ending. And that's the same with this one.

It's decently written and only a few typos, which is pretty goo...more
Kaitlin Cribbs
A great book I have not finished it yet but so far great I saw the movie before I started the book it's better to read the book first because it's not as detailed as the movie and you'll find suprizes in the movie.but great book✨
*Queen Diva*
I was very excited to see there was a Frozen chapter book that I could use at school. At the preschool I work at, I read chapter books before rest time with my class. And currently, my whole class is obsessed with Frozen (who isn't?), so when I saw this book in the Scholastic catalog, I ordered it right away.

I don't have much experience with movie novelizations, but I had very low expectations for the writing of this book. But it was only $5, and I knew my students would be super excited, so I d...more
Anna
Best Book in the History of Books!!!

Now, I am a big fan of Frozen. So I bought this book right away!!! I highly recommend this book for everyone!!!!
Tina
I absolutely adore this movie so I had to pick up the book. Read it less than an hour but still, totally worth it and fun. Can't wait to own the movie!!
nelda l hackett
Greatest movie ever

you know how to write a good and movie and a good book I think this should be on Broadway

Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
I've done it again, I've spoiled a disney movie for myself. What the hell is wrong with me?
Anyway sooo cute! I loved the book and I can't wait to see the movie. Obviously Elsa wasn't the bad guy but the actual bad guy was such a big shock. He was portrayed as such a nice guy so to see him be the bad guy was shocking. I don't want to spoil it now, OMG I can't wait for the movie. I especially can't wait to hear the beautiful Idina Menzel sing!!!!

If Idina doesn't sing then

description

I mean look how pretty...more
Merel Rose Robbers
Frozen vertelt het verhaal van Anna en Elza. Twee prinsessen die vrolijk en lief zijn. Maar er is iets speciaals aan Elza. Ze heeft namelijk bepaalde krachten. Waarvan zij die krachten heeft weet niemand, ze heeft het al vanaf haar geboorte. Alles gaat goed totdat Elza Anna per ongeluk pijn doet. Vanaf dan wordt Anna's geheugen gewist en worden de prinsessen van elkaar gescheiden. Zullen de prinsessen ooit weer worden herenigd?

Dit was gewoon een leuke Disney read. Een heerlijk tussendoortje. He...more
Temmie
She did not like how they deviated from the movie. She didn't like the extra bits about the the sled being able to be a wagon. She was very adamant that they forgot to tell Olaf not to the touch the fire too.
Jacy
:) It was the book of the movie!
Rayne
This is a very nice and faithful adaptation of the film with the perk of a few details here and there that were not in the film. Sadly, at least for me, while the adaptation did a great job of being faithful to the film, it sucked a bit of its soul in the process. I know this is an adaptation for children and that the language won't be complex, the writing will not have space for anything elaborate and that the narration will be as simple as possible, but the story was so simplified in the narra...more
Kevin
FANBOY POV:
I can't get enough of this Disney movie, so here I am being a big book nerd and decided to read the novel.

CRITIC POV:
I have no complains. This book is well written for new or veteran independent readers.

THE REVIEW:

WRITING STYLE:
Well, very kid friendly. I have no complaints here. Even as a veteran reader, I must say this is enjoyable to all readers regardless of age. But in this section, I must emphasize that this Disney movie is loved by thousands and thousands of fans because of...more
Brandy
Awesome book

it is amazing.I love this book.I have the DVD,the book,and the song book.it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great.I love it so much
Miss Pippi the Librarian
As the title suggests, Frozen: The Junior Novelization is a written out story of the Disney movie Frozen which came out in 2013. The audio of Frozen the chapter book came out in 2014.

Overall the stories are very similar, but the novel fleshes out the storyline a bit more. The songs are not sung in the audio, but the atmosphere of the celebrations are mentioned. The story follows the movie closely, only two strange items were mentioned that caught my attention - Kristoff's wagon and someone wear...more
Lily Mahoney
AMAZING !!! !!!!!!!

I loved this book. The only thing I would do to change it is for the lyrics of the songs in the back of the book. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teruaki Yamashita
Finally, I had finished reading this book.
In a word, this book was great.
There are lots of scenes which described well compare with movie one, so my curiosity was stimulated all the more. Although I took totaly 300min to read, when I finished reading, I got a kind of satisfaction.
This book dragged me into the Disney world. So I hope that people who are not interested in it try this one and enjoy.
My favorite sentence is ''The cold never bothered me anyway''
Maybe, this words are Elsa's favorite s...more
Alli
I haven't read a "junior novelization" of a book in probably over twenty years, but I was at work today and one of my co-workers let me read the copy she'd brought in for storytime (I work at a bookstore). It was a cute adaptation of the major parts of Frozen, which itself is in my top three of Disney films, after Beauty and the Beast and Brave.

Enjoyed it, and it was a good way to spend my 15 min break.
Zoey DuBois
Mini-me loved this! It's the first full novel that we've read together, and he was rapt all the way through. Great novelisation, with plenty of challenging vocabulary to discuss. He loved the whole concept of whacking a bookmark in and reading a couple of chapters each night, and it was a great move bridging the way to making him a genuine bookworm for 'real' books over 'picure books'.
Chet
I had seen the movie, and then Maleficent, and was interested in which movie introduced which symbolic concepts. (Frozen seemed to be lingering among girls as an ongoing hit, which kind of surprised me.) So, I got this book as a quick reminder of the plot. I thought the writing style was a little difficult to read, at first, but then it got ok.
Dawn
A great junior novelization of the movie. I'm currently obsessed with Frozen so I just HAD to read it. I find it interesting that they have to title it as a "junior novelization" of a kids' movie. The only thing missing were the songs. The addition of the song lyrics would have made it perfect.
Bookslut
For a book with no listed author, this was not bad. It was a clear and faithful accounting of the movie, and was far better than much of the Disney literature oeuvre. Gillie loved it so much she once punched me when I said I wasn't going to read any more of it that night, so that is one measure of success. It is very hard to relay in print how a man can hold a conversation with a moose that can't talk, so I don't fault them for any shortcomings there.
Kenneth Flusche
  • The Space Between (Disney Fairies: Never Girls #2)
  • The Secret of the Fairies (Thea Stilton Special Edition)
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer
  • 黒雪姫の帰還 / Return of Princess Snow Black (Accel World, #1)
  • Amelia Bedelia Means Business (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #1)
  • Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)
  • Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
  • The Thirteen Ghosts
  • Sink or Swim (Whatever After, #3)
  • Samantha the Swimming Fairy (The Sports Fairies, #5)
  • Hollywood, Dead Ahead (43 Old Cemetery Road, #5)
  • DRRR!! Durarara!! 2 (Durarara!! Manga, #2)
  • Blood Lad Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Saige (Saige, #1)
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,...more
More about Walt Disney Company...
Dumbo: A Little Golden Book Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Little Golden Book) Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) Bambi (Disney Bambi) Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)

“I don’t have a skull,” Olaf remarked. “Or bones.” 3 likes