Start by marking “Rocket's Mighty Words” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Rocket's Mighty Words

Tad Hills

Rocket's Mighty Words (Rocket and the Little Yellow Bird)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Rocket, the beloved dog from the New York Times bestselling picture books How Rocket Learned to Read and Rocket Writes a Story, is back in a sturdy big board book for new readers. Preschoolers watch the little yellow bird teach Rocket simple words, like n-e-s-t and m-u-d. And beginning readers will love practicing their new literacy skills alongside another brand-new reade ...more
Published July 9th 2013 by Schwartz & Wade

To ask other readers questions about Rocket's Mighty Words, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocket's Mighty Words

Angie
(early e-ARC preview from Edelweiss)

We LOVE Rocket at our school ... both of the first two.
This one continues the tradition of super cute illustrations.

I was a little disappointed as I looked over the preview but that is probably because I didn't read the description closely before I requested it. I just saw ROCKET and I thought "Oh, I definitely need to see this!"

I like the board book format. If it's meant to be a "reference" book so that little ones flip back and forth figuring out how to sp
Russell
To know something's true name is to have power over it, mystics have long believed. Ancient beings held their true names secret, fearfully protecting themselves from terrible fates.

Naming something drags it from the realm of the unknown to the known. You're then easily able to break it down, pigeonhole it, tame it, and harness it for your own ends.

In this tome, Rocket shares all of his words of power. Learn mastery over the igloo, ax, mug, and pumpkin.
Denis Vukosav
Rocket's Mighty Words” by Tad Hills is a new addition to his Rocket series books made for young readers in order to help them to learn new words.

This is an oversize board book made in known Tad Hills’s style with nice pictures full of colors.
For those unfamiliar with the series, here there’s no story inside, instead this book is visual dictionary, collection of words that previously appeared in Rocket’s other stories.

Young reader can find all the words on top of the picture or next it to, in tha
Deeanna
Cute book!! All of my kids got a free book from the library summer reading program, this was one of them!!! So thankful, gotta love the library!
Jacqueline
The format of this one didn't really work that well for me but this would be nice for a new reader to flip through at their own pace.
Elizabeth
Love the pictures of Rocket, but this is just vocabulary words and not a story. Some of the chalkboard illustrations are indistinct.
Beth
Learn many words together and also some "small" words that are needed.
Lindsey Jones
Perfect little book for my two year old!
Tracey
If you like Rocket's other books you'll enjoy this one, however, it's important to note that there isn't a story in this book. It's simply a collection of words that have appeared in Rocket's other stories. All of the words are either on top of the illustrations they name, or next to the pictures would could make learning new words easier for early readers who are visual learners.
Jeimy
Some pages have too many images for younger kids.
Erica
Fiction-2013
Part 1 or 3. This book introduces the kids to new words and pictures that will be used in the next two books. The pictures are good and these books would be great to use with beginner readers and writers.
Kelli
Join Rocket, an adorable puppy who loves to read, and learn 100 first words. The pictures are easy to identify and the font easily legible. Perfect for brand new readers or younger ESL students.
Vicki
Whoo-hoo - twice in one day an oversize board book!! In the traditional style of Tad Hills this book has nice soft colorful illustrations. Children learning words can browse this cute book.
Stefanie
A Rocket that even the youngest of readers can enjoy! Teach your preschooler basic words with Rocket! I love this series. (I saw an ARC of this book through Edelweiss.)
Chase
Chase marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Shannon Watts
Shannon Watts marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Eliana Mendez
Eliana Mendez marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Moira Wilson
Moira Wilson marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Anabelle
Anabelle marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Kim
Kim added it
Apr 10, 2015
Amanda Johnson
Amanda Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Cailin
Cailin added it
Apr 06, 2015
MaryJo
MaryJo marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
  • 1-2-3 Peas
  • When Charley Met Grampa
  • Crankee Doodle
  • The Story of Fish and Snail
“Whenever I picture myself [as a child],” says Tad Hills, “I am doing art. I spent a lot of time on my own making things, drawing, and painting.” Hills was not consciously trying to become an artist, rather his motives were innocent and pure. “I liked making things,” he says.

As a graduate of Skidmore College in New York with a degree in art, Hills describes himself as the ultimate freelancer. He’s
More about Tad Hills...

Rocket and the Little Yellow Bird (3 books)
  • How Rocket Learned to Read
  • Rocket Writes a Story
How Rocket Learned to Read Rocket Writes a Story Duck & Goose Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin Duck, Duck, Goose