Start by marking “Banished from Grace (Fall from Grace #1)” as Want to Read:
Banished from Grace (Fall from Grace #1)

Banished from Grace (Fall from Grace #1)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  175 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Nardia is a young woman who woke up in an abandoned building over four hundred years ago when the plague was sweeping England. It was at this time she discovered that she had a special gift. She could heal the sick with her bare hands. Fast forward to the present day she has not aged and has no recollection of who she is and why she can perform miracles.
Life should be easy
Published May 30th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Banished from Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banished from Grace

Entwined with You by Sylvia DayJoshua's Tree by N.W. HarrisReal by Katy EvansLosing Hope by Colleen HooverTwisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
2013 Summer Reads
188th out of 926 books — 1,553 voters
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuirePerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesConstructing Marcus by Danielle DeVorThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Young Adult Romance That You Will Read Again and Again
79th out of 139 books — 172 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim
Jun 05, 2013 Kim rated it it was amazing
*I was given a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review*

Nardia is a very special nurse, one with a unique gift. With the touch of her bare hands, she can heal any physical ailment. With the help of her angel guide, Benilde, Nardia has healed her way through countless centuries.

When I started to read the book I was unsure if I could read this book. It was a little overwhelming when it came to some of your patients she had at the hospital. As I continued on I found that I was unable to pu
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Banished From Grace is a gem of a find. Lately I have been on tours where the book is not really popular but then read it and it screams at you because it is such a gem of a read. I have to say that I was thoroughly surprised by this book and I need more so much more! Anyone who knows me knows I love angel stories. I just love them to death and this is one of the most keep on my book shelves because it was that good.

Nardia is a nurse and she loves what she does. She loves helping people out and
Kassandra
Jul 09, 2013 Kassandra rated it liked it
*****3.5 STARS*****
I was really looking forward to reading Banished from Grace by Aria Williams. I read the synopsis and thought that it was going to love it, and there were so many 5 star reviews that I seriously thought it was going to be great. Unfortunately, Banished from Grace did not meet my expectations :(.

I am going to start off by explaining the things I had problems with, and why I just didn't get into it.

The first thing I had a problem with was the setting of the story. The majority o
Caissy Boudreau
Aug 18, 2013 Caissy Boudreau rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read a story about Angels..I really enjoyed the story..The story is fast-paced which I really like..Nardia is a fallen angel who knows she has healing powers but does not remember her angle life and why she was banished. This book I highly recommend to everyone..I can not wait for the next book in the series..
H.L.
Jun 10, 2013 H.L. rated it really liked it
To everyone that knows her Nardia is a hardworking and dedicated nurse; responsible and diligent in her duty. But that is only the half of it. She has been around for hundreds of years, never aging and apparently indestructible. Her only calling is to heal – a calling that has a divine purpose – but Nardia’s life takes an unexpected turn for better and worse…

At first I was concerned that this story would not really be something I would enjoy. Aria Williams builds a world through the eyes of her
Cafebiblioart
Jul 17, 2014 Cafebiblioart rated it really liked it
I WANT more!!! Seriously now, I really want to read more. I got so invested in the last part of the book and now I am extremely curious about what happens next.

The story is really interesting and unique which is very good. I am tired of reading the same thing over and over. The subject is not entirely fresh, but certain elements make it stand out.

The plot is complex for a book of only 250+ pages. There were certain paragraphs that could have been developed further, but in general is more than ok
Brandee Price
Jul 05, 2013 Brandee Price rated it liked it
**3.5 Stars**

I was excited about reading Banished from Grace. This is the first in a series and it sets up an intriguing world. I had a little difficulty getting into the story, but a revelation about halfway through helped. Once this was revealed, I was really drawn into the story and the characters.

Nardia is a special being. She's lived for centuries not knowing exactly what she is, but knowing she has the special ability to heal. She's always had an angelic guide, Benilde, to aid her when she
Bèbè ✦ the Ryski  ✦
Banished From Grace is the story of Nardia - beautiful angel who has banished down to Earth for falling in love with another angel. She has a power of healing which she did for hundreds of years. Being beautiful, she had a lot of attention of different men. Since her last husband dying years before, she couldn't look at another man and just focused on healing. But when she meets two amazing but completely different men, she needs to be around them every chance she gets.

This wasn't what I expect
Anna-marie
Jun 07, 2013 Anna-marie rated it it was amazing
I loved this story.
We heard of Nardia, and met AJ in Heavenly Hell, so it was lovely read their story.

I felt a strong kinship with Nardia, as my Mother was a healer for many years.

This story had just the right mix of medical & spiritual healing. The characters gel well together,and made me laugh out loud at times. It also brought a lump to my throat on a few occasions.

This is a very heart warming story about Nardia and her special gift of healing, although at first she didn't know she was a
Thom Swennes
Nov 30, 2014 Thom Swennes rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-e-book
Most people have heard about the Angel of Death but have you ever heard of the counterpoint, the Angel of Life? Meet Nardia a beautiful young woman with a very unique calling. Did I say young? Nardia was born in the fourteenth century and her talent (aside from not aging) is that she has the power to save the near dying or recently expired. This isn’t a calling she takes lightly and has actively sought victims requiring her talents in battlefields and hospitals all over the world. Through the ce ...more
Book Junky Girls
Sep 25, 2014 Book Junky Girls rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Nardia woke up with no memory of who she was, but discovered she had a gift. She could heal those around her and with the guidance of an Angel has lead her life she best she could for the last 400 years. But now suddenly things are changing, and she has to figure out why she is falling for a man she feels she shouldn't when another seems to be the better match for her.

Nardia is strong and cares for those around her, she has a gift and never once thought of doing anything besides helping
Paranormal Books R Us
Nice start to a new series. The only thing worse than living for thousands of years with no memory of who you are and where you come from is finding out your past is something you never could have imagined. Nardia has been alive for a very long time and because of her healing abilities she always knew she was special. But she didn't know why until he met the sexy and mysterious AJ. Just when she thinks she can't handle anymore she starts to feel ill and it seems like the new doctor at work is ou ...more
Lisa
Oct 14, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
Picking up Banished From Grace, I immediately felt myself warm to the main character, Nardia, and slip into the story so easily it was as though I had picked up a book in the middle of a series and had already grown to know the characters and the authors style of writing, but this is the first book of Aria Williams' I have ever read so it was a pleasant surprise.
Nardia is a nurse, but she is a 400 year old nurse! She has no idea why she never ages, but she does know she has the power to heal t
Brenna
Jun 25, 2013 Brenna rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next one.. I need more AJ time :) as a matter of fact I kind of need the next book ASAP :) I will be posting a full review in my book blog July 1 please stop by and check it out!!

Raquel
Sep 02, 2013 Raquel rated it it was ok
This was a decent book. The characters and plot were very interesting, but I found the narrative felt extremely flat. This is probably mostly a stylistic preference and someone else might really key into it. It just didn't work for me.
Natalie Townson
Jun 19, 2013 Natalie Townson rated it it was amazing
Oh I love this author and I love this book. For those who have read heavenly hell you will be familiar with AJ and Nardia as they tell their story. I really cannot recommend this book enough and will be doing a full blog review on my page
Delilah
Feb 14, 2014 Delilah rated it really liked it
Holy smokes! For someone who isn't much of a fan of books with romance and angels, I can honestly say that I enjoyed Banished From Grace by Aria Williams. I was instantly glued and determined to finished after reading the first chapter. The story is unique. To me, it was a breath of fresh air. I did wish though that it wasnt as fast paced as it was. There were moments were I wanted more. Nardia is an enjoyable heroine. She definitely kicks some A. She's kind and is very passionate about what she ...more
Lizzie Andrews
Jan 18, 2014 Lizzie Andrews rated it it was amazing
Jessie
Aug 27, 2013 Jessie rated it liked it
It was a decent story, but I felt like there wasn't much conflict in it. I feel like this was the build-up to the next book. Overall, I did enjoy it and I thought the writing was good.
Kelley
The Characters -
AJ was a great character, he is definitely the reason this book received three stars. He is the kind of guy that is dream worthy. I wish there were more men like AJ in the world, real-life and fiction. He has a lot of depth and is overall a great person. He is my favorite character in this whole novel and he is the main reason I want to read the next one in the series.

Nardia was likable enough. I wasn't a fan of her snarky attitude towards other women, even when mentioning you
Rebecca Edwards
Jan 14, 2014 Rebecca Edwards rated it it was amazing
5 STARS
I couldn't put this book down once I started reading it. I was hooked on the book by the end of chapter one and by the time I hit chapter 4 I was engrossed. Any reservations I had about the hot guy that would make you swoon left as soon as I met AJ. I just wish that there was more of him in the book. He's a pivotal character in the book and one of my favorites but he's only one of the love interests for Nardia.
Nardia is a senior nurse at the hospital, which is where a majority of this sto
Beck Hackett
May 14, 2014 Beck Hackett rated it it was amazing
The heroine in this novel, Nardia, is a very special character, as I believe that most reader will be able to empathise with her on some level.
The character relationships in this novel are described and played out so perfectly, it makes the audience want to read that little bit more to find out what happens next.
The love triangle between Nardia, AJ and Regan is a very exciting one, you're never too sure that Nardia has settled with her choice, which leaves you wanting more. There is just the ri
Ria
OMG, when does the next book come out?! There were times I wanted to shake Nardia, and times I felt like I needed to defend her. Is it the Libra in me? Maybe, but I could see where she was coming from, and I could reason with why she was doing some of the things she did...

My Rating

3.5 Brom, Benilde, Gladys, Murder, Alcohol, Taxi, Latte, Doubles, Healing, Music, Destiny filled stars! I have so many questions or I would have rated this story more...I am highly anticipating more answers in the upco
Kylee
Jun 19, 2014 Kylee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Banished from Grace is a great start in a new series. We first heard of AJ and Nardia in Heavenly Hell so it was great to read a story about them. This book is about Nardia who is a nurse at her local hospital. So a lot of it is medical but that is to be expected, she is a nurse after all. Nardia is unique because she has special healing powers and can heal the sick. It isn't until AJ arrives that Nardia pieces her life together, or what her life was. There is some romance in this between Nardia ...more
Heather
May 14, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
Good story. Kind of an intro book. Lots of back and forth between the 2 guys. The villain is revealed literally on the very last page. What's up with that?? Interesting dynamic between mother and daughter.
Turtlefrog
Jul 21, 2014 Turtlefrog rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, no-me-gusta
Another miss with this Amazon freebie / Paranormal Romance. As I am discovering this genre (PR) I have had a hit or miss experiance with the books I am reading. And this book unfortunately for me was a BIG MISS.

I didn't find the story line all that intriguing and I found the style of writing to be really old. And by that I mean I felt like an older woman was telling the story. I don't know if this was done intentionally because the POV is from a character who is over 400 years old or if this is
Heather andrews
Jun 06, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Lots of hotness in this book let me tell you what. This book reminds me of Shanora Williams's 'Obtained' (which I very much loved) "how was I supposed to tell you that once we were heavenly angels, who, against all the rules, fell in love, and when the other angels found out we were punished?" I didn't like how AJ sort of deceived Nardia but I guess if I was in his position I would have done the same. Didn't like the ending as it was a cliffhanger and anyone who knows me knows I hate them, but o ...more
Christina Trischetti
Jun 03, 2013 Christina Trischetti rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highly-recommend
I started reading the story around ten pm. I was done with the book by 12:30. I was hooked after the first chapter. Aria does a fantastic job of keeping you entertained and bringing you into the story. I will definitely be looking forward to reading more of her work. I was also offered a copy of her other book, Heavenly Hell but I truly enjoyed Banished from Grace that will be buying it the second I am done with this review to support the author. Now, Aria please hurry up with the second book! ...more
Irene Cunningham
May 30, 2015 Irene Cunningham rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
paranormal
Racheal
Oct 23, 2014 Racheal rated it really liked it
very good start in a book series. I cant wait to start the 2nd. I really enjoyed it!
  • The Seven Devils
  • Dark Wings (The Never Dark, #1)
  • Lost (Lost & Found, #1)
  • Entanglement
  • Unexpected Love (Unexpected, #1)
  • Promised (Promised Series, #1)
  • Phantom in Time
  • Immortal Becoming (The Enlightened Species, #1)
  • Prank Wars
  • Saving Ben
  • Banished (Daughters of the Gods, #1)
  • One Night With a Rock Star
  • Strictly Business
  • Maybe Fate
  • Broken Hearts Damaged Goods
  • The Last Strand
  • The Beast Within (The Elite, #1)
  • Brolach (Demon, #1)

Fall from Grace (2 books)
  • Pretender (Fall from Grace, #2)