Start by marking “Age of Blood (SEAL Team 666 #2)” as Want to Read:
Age of Blood (SEAL Team 666 #2)

Age of Blood (SEAL Team 666 #2)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  235 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Tom Clancy meets The X-Files in Weston Ochse's SEAL Team 666 series starring the Navy SEALs who handle supernatural threats

When a Senator's daughter is kidnapped by a mysterious group with ties to the supernatural . . . it's clearly a job for SEAL TEAM 666. As Triple Six gets involved, they discover links to the Zeta Cartel, a newly discovered temple beneath Mexico City, a
Published October 15th 2013 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Age of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Age of Blood

Paul
Nov 16, 2013 Paul rated it really liked it
Normally I tend to actively avoid starting a book when I know that it has predecessors that I’ve not yet read. I don’t like the idea that I’ve missed out on important character developments or plot points that may have an impact on what I’m reading. That said, there are always exceptions to every rule and in this particular instance I found myself powerless to resist the draw of this book. What a stonking premise, bonkers in the extreme – a group of hard-as-nails Navy SEALs tasked with taking on ...more
Ctgt
Jun 23, 2015 Ctgt rated it really liked it
Shelves: action, horror
3.5 stars.
A pretty good mashup of spec-ops and supernatural/horror. This is somewhat like the Monster Hunter International series but with a more serious tone.

Let's see, we have werewolves, guns and ancient Aztec mythology.....what's not to like? This is a straight up action-horror book so, let's face it, there is not much depth but it was a quick, enjoyable change of pace for me.

Lola Lee
I won a copy of Age of Blood: A SEAL Team 666 Novel
by Weston Ochse for free in a Goodreads First/Reads Giveaway.

I really enjoyed this book and thought it had a unique plot line and likable characters. I have not read book one in this series but plan to purchase it and continue on with more books to come in this series. Enjoyable and Recommended.

Robert
Jun 10, 2014 Robert rated it liked it
Shelves: supernatural
While this one did not seem as good as the first in the series I still enjoyed reading it. My main rub was when the author made reference to books past in the series. And there actually was a kind of second book before this one, the second in the series. From what I can gather it was one of those damn e-reader only books that these authors poke up here and there throughout their series. Most authors will not make reference, if only in passing, to these oddball offshoots. Here it almost seems as ...more
Tim Forder
Jul 28, 2015 Tim Forder rated it really liked it
When a senator’s daughter is kidnapped, not attacked, not consumed, kidnapped by a sea monster; this is no job for the Ghostbusters, this is not a job for the famous seal team 6, this is a job for Seal Team 666!
Another great story. If you like military and/or supernatural stories, this one’s for you. The stories are very detailed, from weaponry to how a special unit like this one is formed. The geography of the areas within the stories is described thoroughly. Well enough to give the reader a fe
Jasper
Nov 20, 2013 Jasper rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Originally posted at http://thebookplank.blogspot.com/2013...

Earlier this year Titan Books released the first book in the Seal Team 666 series by Weston Ochse. When I read that book it was just a non-stop action pack ride till the finish. We all know that the US navy SEAL's are one of the toughest special forces out there, so that's alone cool to read about... but.. 666 yes we all know what that means, demons, devils and other supernatural creatures. This is exactly what you are in for when you
Jeffrey
Nov 12, 2013 Jeffrey rated it liked it
Seal Team 666 is definitely a cool concept and "Age of Blood" by Weston Ochse, the second book in the Seal Team 666 series does deliver plenty of action and monsters in this thriller-supernatural fusion.

Holmes, Laws, Walker, YaYa and new member Yank of the Seal Team are back for more mayhem against the world's worst monsters who threaten American interests.

Weston Ochse clearly knows his tactics and weapons and any reader of military thrillers and horror will feel right at home with his concise d
Chris Bauer
Dec 09, 2013 Chris Bauer rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the first SEAL Team 666 book earlier this year and was eager to dive into the second book of the series. The work itself is very much a plot-driven vehicle for the author to create elaborate conspiracies, sprinkle interesting beasties from various mythos and have them blown apart by military-grade hardware. The action was paced pretty well from start to finish and follows (loosely) a Clancy-esque pattern, although it was a little lighter on the techno-thriller aspect than norma ...more
Geoff
Oct 15, 2013 Geoff rated it it was amazing
I loved this.
Military horror is one of my favourite genres. From Jonathan Maberry to Greig Beck, the offerings in this genre can be amazingly good.
Age of Blood by Weston Ochse is a sequel. It can easily stand alone, but is best enjoyed when read in order.
SEALs, the pointy end of the US Special Forces, up against the horror that is chupacabra, werewolfs, cultists, and the Mexican cartels.
This book is really, really cool.
Well-paced, with just the right mix of military and horror. A very specific
Brenda Todd
Apr 05, 2014 Brenda Todd rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in the SEAL Team 666 series I was anxious to start the next book: Age of Blood. This SEAL Team takes care of things no one else wants to touch, demons, chupacabras, skinwalkers, and so much more. Weston Ochse brings a reality to the tale that only those experienced can do. Kind of makes you wonder if he has had similar adventures during his many tours.

The characters are unique and entertaining while new members learn from the experienced. They quickly develop a bond
James  (JE) Gurley
Jul 15, 2014 James (JE) Gurley rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Ochse. Plenty of action, characters you want to be. bad guys you want to die. Ochse's military jargon is spot on. He gives the reader an inside look at how a seal team operates, even one as unusual as Seal Team 666. Another masterpiece from the military thriller commander in chief.
Joe
Jun 23, 2015 Joe rated it really liked it
The second SEAL Team 666 novel, Age of Blood, was very enjoyable for me to read. Pretty much all of the critiques I had from the first novel Weston Ochse addressed in this follow up, specifically the stunted climax. The story follows the supernatural freedom fighters of SEAL Team 666, a team of the best of the best at fighting all manner of supernatural threats to the United States. This time around, the daughter of a powetful US senator is kidnapped in Mexico by what appears to be a sea monster ...more
Jayrchase
Oct 28, 2013 Jayrchase rated it it was amazing
This story is the second detailing the exploits of Seal Team 666 - a (fictionally) long established unit designed to take care of the supernatural stuff nobody else wants to think about. The author, Weston Ochse, is a real-life warrior poet. He has been there, done that, and when he describes tactics, weapons systems, intel briefings, any of it... it has a ring of truth. All of this while still being a great tale of the supernatural. I can't think of another series I have read that melds militar ...more
Mary Hartshorn
Jul 04, 2016 Mary Hartshorn rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The idea of a secret paranormal branch of the military fighting things that go bump in the night is a scary concept. Each character was intriguing, especially the further you get into the book and learn about their specific skill sets and unique talents. I definitely need to read more of Weston Ochse's books.
Bill Donhiser
Feb 10, 2014 Bill Donhiser rated it liked it
I didn't really read the cover before purchasing this book and was expecting a Tom Clancy, Dale Brown type book. Did not realize it was going to be a supernatural vampire, werewolf infused book. Not really my genre but well written and enjoyable. I might read more from this author but it is not high on my list.
Kevin Collett
Aug 23, 2015 Kevin Collett rated it it was ok
Reading this book is a fair way to spend time but at times the writing is a little bit ropey and the ending seemed rushed to me. I will still read the later book(s) though as I like the concept.
Vicki Elia
May 05, 2014 Vicki Elia rated it did not like it
Not into the undead. Not. Stopped after a chapter. Writing was solid, narration was spot on. Content is not my cup of tea.
Bob Meracle
Nov 01, 2014 Bob Meracle rated it it was amazing
Wall to wall military action involving supernatural forces. Second book of the excellent Seal Team 666 series.
Stephen
Nov 16, 2014 Stephen rated it really liked it
Not a bad way to spend a sick day. This book continues the adventures of Seal Team 666 and focuses on South America. I enjoyed the Aztec aspect of the book. There were a few places where it seemed to drag on, but Ochse made up for it with rocking action. I still put this series up there with some of the best military horror out there.
VMom
The set-up was interesting but it took me a while to finish reading this. I think the pacing was off and too many character pov's were presented.
Jeff Frane
Mar 11, 2014 Jeff Frane rated it liked it
Monsters, demons, super powered Seals, shooting, shooting, blowing things up... what's not to love?
Louie Simboli
Jan 16, 2014 Louie Simboli rated it it was ok
Shelves: supernatural
The author did a good job of giving detailed descriptions of the characters. But that is all there is here. This book should be listed as a biography. There is no story. I was a third of the way through the book and just gave up on it.
Michael Hermann
Apr 28, 2015 Michael Hermann rated it liked it
Not a bad read, but not as good as his first book in the series. Seal Team 666 was a little more evenly paced and easier to follow. Age of blood felt a little disjointed at times.
Brianna Calbo
Dec 18, 2013 Brianna Calbo rated it really liked it
sounded cheesy when I picked it up..but it reads like a great action packed movie! loved it.
Felix
Nov 20, 2013 Felix rated it liked it
Was a fun brain candy, but was in the vein of Blood Oath etc...
Marc Wiener
Awesome! Great mix of military action and Lovecraftian horror!
Jacqueline
Dec 05, 2014 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Whee! Can't wait for the next book!
Martin
Martin rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Nilya
Nilya rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Chad Mohr
Chad Mohr marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
  • Deadly Diamonds
  • Night Biters: A Tale of Urban Horror
  • The Devil's Playground (Sapphire Staff, #1)
  • Bassam and the Seven Secret Scrolls (Bassam, #1)
  • Sister Carrie
  • Shiloh
  • Predator One (Joe Ledger, #7)
  • Good As Gone (Simon Fisk, #1)
  • The Weight of a Human Heart: Stories
  • A Gentleman 'til Midnight
  • A Storm Upon Ulster
  • Fugitive X (Revolution 19, #2)
  • Nightbringer
  • SNAFU: An Anthology of Military Horror (SNAFU, #1)
  • Borns (Maddy Young Saga 2)
  • Hollow Bones (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #3)
  • The Tombs of Eden (Eden Saga, #1)
  • Kekkaishi, Vol. 02 (Kekkaishi, #2)
Weston has won the Bram Stoker Award for first novel and been nominated for the Pushcart Prize. His work has appeared in magazines, comic books, anthologies and how-to guides. He holds a Master of Fine Arts from National University and has an interest in the martial arts. He lives in southern Arizona where he spends his days writing and basking in the noonday sun.

He loves talking about books and t
More about Weston Ochse...

SEAL Team 666 (3 books)
  • SEAL Team 666 (SEAL Team 666 #1)
  • Reign of Evil (SEAL Team 666 #3)