Start by marking “On My Way to Bed” as Want to Read:
On My Way to Bed

On My Way to Bed

Kids everywhere dread the nightly call to go to bed. But not Livi! Her imagination takes her on a journey full of daring obstacles and exciting adventures on her way to bed. She pilots a spaceship, walks a tightrope, and climbs a mountain, all while her Mom waits with her covers turned down and bed ready. With stalling techniques as creative as this, it's a wonder she ever ...more
Published September 17th 2013 by Walker Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about On My Way to Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On My Way to Bed

Roben
Apr 28, 2013 Roben rated it really liked it
A delightful picture book about the adventures Livi has on her way to bed! What parent has not heard or experienced, "I am not ready to go to bed. Bed is for tired people. I still have energy!" Livi becomes an astronaut, a magician, a dentist, an acrobat and many other exciting people as a mostly unseen mom orchestrates the progress to move Livi along on her adventure. Will Livi EVER make it to her bed? This will be a fun read-aloud for the preschool through 2nd grade crowd!
I received this book
Anne
Nov 19, 2013 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one! It would be a fun read-aloud at preschool or schoolage storytime. I'd have the librarian read aloud the story and give a 2nd copy to another grownup and have them read the mom's part from a different part of the room (yell it like you're a parent calling from the other room).
AnnieM
Feb 12, 2014 AnnieM rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the colors and the power of the illustrations. The text is good, but I could create a better story just with the pictures.
Kathryn Cunningham
Jan 23, 2014 Kathryn Cunningham rated it it was amazing
It's hard on a little person when mom insists that it is time for bed when everyone knows that "bed is for tired people," and Livi is certainly not tired. On her way to bed, she is a circus acrobat, a zoo dentist, a magician, a rocket scientist, and a purple octopus, but she is definitely NOT a tired person. Her imagination can effortlessly take her high into the mountains or out to the middle of the desert where her parched throat begs for a glass of cool water, but a world where Livi is a ...more
Kevin Doyle
Feb 11, 2014 Kevin Doyle rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any boy or girl who isn't sleeping in a crib any more
This is a wonderful book for shared read-aloud time since it has plenty of imagination and imagery for the kids, yet also gives parents a feeling of solidarity with other mom and dads as we all realize that we ALL have little ones who - at times - simply....don't....want....to go....to bed.

The quirky, creative main character in this book is a little girl named Livi. Who thinks up every excuse in the book for why she's not ready for bed. Among other things, little Livi imagines herself as a tight
Diane
Dec 12, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it
"I am not ready to go to bed. Bed is for tired people. I am not a tired person. I still have energy."

Kids will do anything to avoid bedtime. On the way to bed, Livi performs at a circus, becomes a zoo dentist and a great magician and takes Froggolini to the moon in a rocket.

A celebration of child's imagination with fun illustrations. Should be a hit with students.
Kellee
Full review at: http://www.unleashingreaders.com/?p=3718

What a great imagination book! The colorful, page-filling illustrations will take you straight into Livi’s imagination and all of the fun things she does (in her mind) before going to bed. A wonderful bedtime story (or daytime story) that will take the reader on an adventure.
Bethe
Feb 21, 2014 Bethe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Livi has a huge imagination as she tries to postpone her bedtime. Bright, bold full page illustrations have different fonts for mother and daughter as they battle the bedtime blues. Fun surprise ending.
Shawn
Mar 28, 2014 Shawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This was a great childrens picture book that reminded me of trying to get my own kids to bed at night. This story told through the eyes of Livi, tells of her adventures as she is called to bed. A wonderful little read which brought a smile to my face as I read it.
Carrie
Dec 18, 2013 Carrie rated it really liked it
This would be a great read aloud, especially for an evening storytime, or a bedtime story. Large, bold illustrations punctuate the humor of the story about the girl who won't go to sleep. This is a book everyone can relate to--adults and children alike.
Ruth Anne
Mar 28, 2014 Ruth Anne rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Livi has an overactive imagination and boundless energy. Going to bed might make her miss something so she resists! The illustrations are bold and bright.
Sara
Sep 20, 2013 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Livi hanging on to her mom's leg sideways made this one for me. I like her adventures, too! A good book about imagination.
Dena
Sep 27, 2013 Dena rated it really liked it
It's time for bed, Livi! But so many adventures await on that loooong walk to bed.
A great story to share with little ones who just can't seem to respond to the call of, "It's time for bed!"
Jodie
Dec 21, 2014 Jodie rated it really liked it
Livi imagines herself doing different things as she makes her way to bed. A cute story that will remind us of things kids do to avoid going to bed.
Steve
Aug 19, 2013 Steve rated it it was amazing
A brilliant follow-up to on my way to the bath.
The protagonist, Livi, is a genius at procrastination.

The book is extremely well written and artfully illustrated

I strongly recommend it
Polly
Jan 18, 2014 Polly rated it liked it
Livi is certainly neither the first nor the last child in history who doesn't understand why she has to go to bed.
Brittany
Oct 11, 2013 Brittany rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
More silly fun as Livi and her mom battle bedtime this time around. Livi's imagination never fails to impress and kids and parents alike will shake their heads with familiarity.
Nicole
Dec 16, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it
Her imagination was adorable, but not really a fan of the style. Loved that mom was always on the next page trying to get her to bed.
Maureen
Maureen rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Valerie Choron
Valerie Choron rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2014
Maggie
Maggie rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Shelley Trick
Shelley Trick rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Starr
Starr rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Jessie Dae
Jessie Dae rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
May 28, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2015
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Scott Robins
Scott Robins rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sarah Maizes is a published author, freelance writer, comedian, and founder of MommyLITEonline.com, a parenting humor website.

She is a regular contributor to TODAYMoms.com, HuffingtonPost.com, and CBS/LosAngeles.com’s “Best of LA.” and her work has been featured in Los Angeles Magazine, on Today.com, MSNBC.com, DailyCandyKids.com and , and Eonline.com's "Fashion Police."

She has also written for M
More about Sarah Maizes...