Start by marking “Rancour” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Rancour

James Alfred McCann

Rancour (Rancor chronicles #1)

As a high school senior, Alix is worried sick about finding a date for the prom. It's a big deal, but soon Alix will find herself caught up in something that makes the prom pale in comparison: a thousand-year rivalry between a werewolf and a vampire. For the past millennium, Rancour has dedicated himself to ridding the world of vampires, while Shay has kept busy thwarting ...more
Published September 6th 2005 by Simply Read Books (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Rancour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rancour

TotallyTwilightFan!*In Love With Edward Cullen!*
such a cute story! it made me ball my eyes out. almost as sad as new moon was. ALMOST.
Suhara
Jun 05, 2013 Suhara rated it really liked it
the ending made me cry :(
Nikki
Sep 24, 2011 Nikki rated it liked it
To me this book was beautiful in the journey that Rancour,or Rellick is on. He has been on this journey for 1000 years, so his insight to good and evil are profound. He has a deep love for Alix that is selfless and sacrificial, he is a man of honor. I loved the flashback scenes the best and the journal entries from Rellick, it made him honest and easy to admire. Though it is sad at the end it makes sense. This one left me still thinking about it.
Frenchie Tophs
Feb 22, 2008 Frenchie Tophs rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Perhaps Leela.
This book for me was an interesting mixture of the vampire diarys and twilight. It was scary at times, and romantic at others. I guess you just have to finish it to realize how beautiful it really can be.
Thorn
Feb 23, 2013 Thorn rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful book that made me finish in tears. It makes you feel really… accepted at the end.
Izzy
Apr 08, 2015 Izzy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Littered with grammatical errors, cliché characters, abrupt changes in point of view and terrible dialogue.
Meg
May 12, 2009 Meg rated it liked it
Stephanie
Jan 25, 2015 Stephanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terribly written, just plainly awful story. Beige and vacant.
James McCann
Jun 27, 2014 James McCann rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This third edition has many changes in the story from the first and second editions. A new publisher and new editors helped craft a much better book.
Jay
Apr 20, 2016 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found a few grammatical errors, and I wish the book had have been longer in order to reach the climax properly and not have such a rushed ending!
Ela Miranda
May 17, 2011 Ela Miranda rated it liked it
it was pretty good... better than i thought it would be. it made me think about some things, i kind of liked the ending. an ok book... twilight lovers might like it :P
Emma
May 13, 2013 Emma added it
can I tell you a secret.... i didnt read it.. ...more
Marissa
Marissa rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2013
Rachel kiwi
Rachel kiwi rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2008
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Laura rated it liked it
May 24, 2011
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was ok
Oct 23, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
May 23, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it did not like it
May 16, 2013
Chel5ea
Chel5ea rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2008
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2011
Harriet
Harriet rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Pam Criscitiello
Pam Criscitiello rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it did not like it
Dec 10, 2007
Yoits yoits
Yoits yoits rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2011
Angela Mondor
Angela Mondor rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2013
I_heart_snape
I_heart_snape rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2009
James McCann
Jan 04, 2010 James McCann rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 next »
James Alfred McCann considers himself a graduate of the School of Dungeons and Dragons, and firmly believes that a good education comes foremost from gaining XP.

He has brought this philosophy into the classroom to teach creative writing techniques to hundreds of young students in schools all across British Columbia.

McCann is a familiar face at local literary festivals and writers' camps. He is a
More about James Alfred McCann...