Blank-133x176
Rancour

James McCann

Rancour (Rancor chronicles #1)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  10 reviews
As a high school senior, Alix is worried sick about finding a date for the prom. It's a big deal, but soon Alix will find herself caught up in something that makes the prom pale in comparison: a thousand-year rivalry between a werewolf and a vampire. For the past millennium, Rancour has dedicated himself to ridding the world of vampires, while Shay has kept busy thwarting...more
Published September 6th 2005 by Simply Read Books (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Rancour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rancour

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareBlood Promise by Richelle MeadHunted by P.C. CastEvermore by Alyson Noel
Books for 2009
361st out of 579 books — 2,387 voters

More lists with this book...

TotallyTwilightFan!*In Love With Edward Cullen!*
such a cute story! it made me ball my eyes out. almost as sad as new moon was. ALMOST.
Suhara Jayasena
the ending made me cry :(
James McCann
Jun 27, 2014 James McCann rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This third edition has many changes in the story from the first and second editions. A new publisher and new editors helped craft a much better book.
Nikki
To me this book was beautiful in the journey that Rancour,or Rellick is on. He has been on this journey for 1000 years, so his insight to good and evil are profound. He has a deep love for Alix that is selfless and sacrificial, he is a man of honor. I loved the flashback scenes the best and the journal entries from Rellick, it made him honest and easy to admire. Though it is sad at the end it makes sense. This one left me still thinking about it.
Frenchie Tophs
Feb 22, 2008 Frenchie Tophs rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Perhaps Leela.
This book for me was an interesting mixture of the vampire diarys and twilight. It was scary at times, and romantic at others. I guess you just have to finish it to realize how beautiful it really can be.
Ela Miranda
it was pretty good... better than i thought it would be. it made me think about some things, i kind of liked the ending. an ok book... twilight lovers might like it :P
Meg
Thorn
This was a beautiful book that made me finish in tears. It makes you feel really… accepted at the end.
Emma
May 29, 2013 Emma added it
can I tell you a secret.... i didn´t read it..
Immie
cant believe he died.
Hanna Ahn
Hanna Ahn marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Nancy The book junkie
Nancy The book junkie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jul 03, 2014
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Tabbi
Tabbi marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Diana Stanca
Diana Stanca marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Alisha
Alisha marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
James McCann grew up on the icy plains of Manitoba, where he spent most of his teenage years reading comics and training in tae kwon do.
In 2002 he came to the West Coast, where he’s worked as a bookseller and a workshop leader, mentoring youth in creative writing. When he isn’t writing books for teens, McCann is practicing tae kwon do or going on hikes with his shih tzu, Conan.
More about James McCann...
Flying Feet Pyre Rancor: Vampyre Hunter (Rancor Chronicles Book 1) Upon the Shoulders of Vengeance: The Journey to Armageddon