Start by marking “Breek me” as Want to Read:
Breek me
Preview

Breek me (Shatter Me #2)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  64,487 ratings  ·  7,476 reviews
Hij zal mij vinden Ik vind hem eerst

Hoop, denk ik steeds vaker, is een gevaarlijk, angstaanjagend iets.

In dit intense vervolg op Vrees me moet Juliette keuzes maken die haar leven voor altijd zullen veranderen. Ze zal een keuze moeten maken tussen wat ze wil en wat ze denkt dat juist is. Ze zal een keuze moeten maken tussen goed en kwaad. Ze zal moeten kiezen tussen vechte
Published February 18th 2013 by Blossom Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Breek me, please sign up.

Milly599 Sure, it is. The plot has moved on a lot in this book, and Warner is just so lovely.
Vrees Me by Tahereh MafiRobijnrood by Kerstin GierBreek me by Tahereh MafiSoulmates by Joss StirlingVerwoest me by Tahereh Mafi
Jouw Favoriete Blossom Books Boek
3rd out of 25 books — 93 voters
Inwijding by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBreek me by Tahereh MafiOpstand by Veronica RothZielen by Stephenie Meyer
Beste YA boeken (Dutch)
3rd out of 180 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Saniya
Me looking at this book after reading Destroy Me.

Hey I just saw you,
And this is craazyyy,
but heres my address,
SO SEND ME THE BOOK ALREADY! >.< <3

UPDATE!
Tahereh Mafi, you have officially killed me. This is like the PERFECT Warner. O.O <33

SWOON! *_*

Summer
Stop hating on Warner guys. Some of us actually find crazy, psychotic boys attractive.
Lindsay
Jun 21, 2012 Lindsay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cover-lust
I am so excited for this book to come out but there is one thing I am seriously worrying about...

The Dreaded Love Triangle of Doom...with Warner

Its no secret that I completely despise Warner with every fiber of my being (a little over-dramatic but still). I am so surprised and shocked that so many people like him. I mean, I didn't know crazed psychotic war maniac was in this year but thank god I didn't get the memo.

Here are the things I am praying will happen:
-Adam and Juliette stay together
-Ad
Juliette and Adam are still hanging out in the underground facility working on the resistance. Juliette tries to learn to control her power while Adam undergoes testing to figure out why he can touch Juliette. Answers are not good and the two have some problems to work through. This was very frustrating. I understood Juliette's reasoning but I really hate the back and forth. Plus Adam just breaks my heart. He is so sweet and wants to make things work with Juliette. But they are also dealing with ...more
oceana
4.5
♥ Becky  22
HOLY SHIT. This book in one gif:

WHAT WAS THAT. What did I just read. I still can't.. OH MY GOD.
(I can't even express myself anymore. Look at what this book did to me.)
I liked Shatter Me, but THIS book was unbelievable. It blew me away. <3

This was me when (view spoiler)

These were my thoughts on chapter 62: (I pretty much died.)

Guys, I'm Team Warner. 100%.
And I honestly have NO CLUE how this love triangle is going to end. I mean, we a
Soumi
Unravel Me is successful to retain the mind shattering effect on me same as the first book did. I would say the total series literally barraged my mind with it gripping actions, lots of power play and extremely sensual romance.

And the writing; it’s poetic and rhythmic. The author knew how to make an ordinary situation extraordinary by using her gorgeous prose in a very beautiful way. She even knows how to beautify even those little moments that won’t probably get noticeable, and there she makes
sunset shimmer
Actual rating is 4.5 stars.

I truly love this series, and I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure despite the number of negative things I've seen said about it. There's just something so . . . gripping about it. It's the kind of series that's easy to devour quickly, at least for me.

I've actually always adored Tahereh Mafi's writing style. Though there are sentences that just sound ridiculously cheesy, there are also some very beautiful prose. And it really just stands out from other YA books, with t
Regan
OH MY GOD THIS WAS SO GOOD. ITS OFFICIAL I AM TEAM WARNER.
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
GIVE ME NOW!!! or suffer the consequences...

February is just tooooooooo far.. have mercy !!

oh AND I AM sooo TEAM WARNER!!! ....

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

REVIEW TO COME!!
Amaryllis
Rating: 2.5/5

I am way too upset with the conclusion of this sequel to say anything more than the few following things:

1- Everything was perfect.
I was in love with the characters, I was captivated by the story...
I was more than ready to give 5 perfect stars to Unravel Me... up until I reached 65% of the reading.

2- My biggest and most pleasant surprise with this book was Kenji.
He was so funny and charming that he had the power to make me smile at the most unexpected times. He also was, against a
Katie
I was seriously addicted to this book. Such beautiful writing, such incredible character development. I want like thirty books in this series (not really, but you get the enthusiasm)
Cookie
Update 11-13-12
Just a little observation. AND DO NOT HIT THE LINK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ UNRAVEL ME YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Warniette hints
Actual Review
Warner Warner Warner. Words cannot express you, a soul made up of broken, abstract pieces that resides inside a perfectly crafted body. In truth, I was nervous so nervous when I first started reading Unravel Me because I was so afraid that Juliette will not be willing to give you a chance. But no. Not this time. You learned your lesson. You knew w
Butterfly_Kisses
I'm not sure if many of you people have read Shatter Me, but obviously, Warner is a psychotic sleeze bag who wants Juliette to torture/kill people. Anybody who is team warner has serious mental problems, or they just can't read. Juliette obviously loves ADAM, the boy from her PAST, not the freakin' psycopath.

Let's just say that some people have serious judgement issues.

List of things Warner has done to/for Juliette:

-They made out (Juliette did NOT like it, and only did it to save Adam)

-Tried t
♥Rachel♥

This story took my breath away! I was high on emotion and excitement that kept me glued to the pages. I am in awe of Tahereh Mafi’s writing, so beautiful, so captivating. In a sea of YA she stands out and shines. Prepare for lots of gushing.

Now that Juliette is out of the asylum and not a prisoner of Warner anymore, all the effects of being locked up, and deprived of human contact come rushing in. She’s never been close to another person; she was even rejected by her own parents and called a “t
Haleema
Beware of spoilers!

You'd think that after my fun, hilarious, entertaining dreadful experience of Shatter Me would keep me away from the second book of this series. But no. The cover caught my eye. I wanted to see what other overdone, laughable, simply nonsensical metaphors and similes she had. And this review will do nothing to please those who loved this book.

description

There was only one reason I decided to read this book.

Warner

I mentioned in the last review that he had some potential. Yes, he was chee
Marnie
A lot of people had been saying that this book didn't live up to the first, and that they'd stopped the series completely, so I was quite nervous to start this book due to loving the first one so very much! However, this book definitely exceeded my expectations, what else can I say apart from that I loved it just as much as the first!

Although I know a lot of people dislike love triangles, this book has a really entertaining one as I always found myself switching between wanting Juliette to be w
Ayesha
Sep 22, 2012 Ayesha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Excuse me what the fracking hell is Team Warner, huh?! What maniac created such a team??? Urgh. If he becomes a love interest, we shall all rebel against Tahereh Mafi. Who's with me?
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
This book made my heart explode...

In Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi’s writing was a thing that stood on beautiful, but wobbly legs. It was mesmerizing in its beauty but not well-balanced at all. As a writer, Mafi was still learning how to walk, still trying to find solid ground, and it’s quite obvious that she was working hard at it because, by the time she sat down to write Unravel Me, she was a fully-formed writer – a bit eccentric for sure, but sensational nonetheless.
Unravel Me is something entir
Cynthia Hand
Killed me, the prose was so beautiful. And I just hurt for Juliette, the whole time. It's going to be a long wait for Book 3.
Zemira Warner
Apr 25, 2013 Zemira Warner rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of X-Men and love triangles
Recommended to Zemira Warner by: buddy read with my girls- Devyani, Lynn & Vanessa.
Read this review and much more on my blog, YA Fanatic.

If you thought Shatter Me was something special, wait till you read Unravel Me. Tahareh's writing style just amazes me. How she merges poetry with prose. It's just so beautiful. If, by any chance you still haven't read Unravel Me, or dare I say Shatter Me, please, do because there is no way you won't like what this woman has to say. It's an emotional bomb. Ovaries were exploding every time Warner showed up.

Unravel Me starts of with Juliette
Annie Brewer
Now that I've read Destroy Me, I can officially say that I'm ready for Unravel Me. I am SO excited yet SO scared to read this. Having Warner's POV has given me an insight to his inner struggles and seeing his vulnerable side has really made me second guess my opinion of him. This is going to be one hell of a ride from here on out. Shit!

Go Team Adam!!!!!!

Well I'll be damned. That was....unfreakingbelievable!!!!!!!! Wow! I'm speechless and stunned. Once again Mafi kicks ass and takes names and thi
Bookaholic101
How can I describe how amazing this book is? I can't! I loved! I LOVE IT! This has been by far one of the best reads I have read for awhile. Tahereh Mafí has me at a loss for words for how she could possibly top Shatter Me!; Not only was the story one of the most exquisite stories I have read, but her writing lured me in, begging me to turn the page.
description

I loved being able to watch Julliete unravel as she transformed from a pitied tragic young girl who has only ever seen hate from the world, to a str
Kira
Jul 20, 2013 Kira marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Tell you what, Tahereh Mafi: I will finish this series if Warner suddenly sees Kenji and falls in love with him, and totally forgets Juliette (who goes off and lives happily ever after with insipid, insipid Adam).

Then I'll read the rest of the series.

It's your move.
Christine Riccio
A lot more fun than the first book. No matter how frustrating I found Juliette, I couldn't bring myself to stop reading. There was some really great Warner development, here's my full review/discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKiC3v...
Jude
Jul 26, 2012 Jude marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, kindle
Why do they do this to me? D:!!!!!!

I have serious OCD!! I need my covers to match!!! >.<

Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie
it's almost
time for war.

I have a heart, says science, but I am a monster, says society.

Shit definitely got real in Unravel Me. With the Reestablishment on their asses and citizens growing restless, war is coming . . . and it's coming soon.

Juliette's character really grew in this book. There were still some woe is me moments that I could've down without, however, we did see a lot of growth.
I'm wondering how many more mistakes I'll have to make before things finally f
Angela
re read this book this month and still am in love with it
First I would like to say that I'm writing this review for the whole Shatter Me series, and second that I never EVER write reviews... That being said here's my review of the shatter me series.

Breathtaking, wonderful, stunning.... I could use any of those words to describe this series but they would all be understatement.

Mafi's writing is beyond refreshing and unique. It's something so hard to describe or even put into words, and I know
Liz
The first book was a disappointment. I really had issues with it. I read this book because I wanted to have evidence, that the whole series is nothing for me. Oh how wrong I was...

My inner world after this book:

“Sticks and stones keep breaking my bones but these words, these words will kill me.”

This book fucking killed me. It took my breath away, it made me cry. Ugly. Very very ugly. It made me laugh, but not because it was funny but because I was actually hysterical. It made me freak out. For
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Boundless (Unearthly, #3)
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • Prodigy (Legend, #2)
  • The Essence (The Pledge, #2)
She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Santa Monica, California, where she drinks too much caffeine and finds the weather to be just a little too perfect for her taste.
When unable to find a book, she can be found reading candy wrappers, coupons, and old receipts.
More about Tahereh Mafi...

Shatter Me (3 books)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5) Unite Me (Shatter Me, #1.5, #2.5)

10 trivia questions
4 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Books are easily destroyed. But words will live as long as people can remember them.” 1703 likes
“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.”
1452 likes