Start by marking “The Undead Pool (The Hollows, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Undead Pool (The Hollows, #12)

The Undead Pool (The Hollows #12)

4.43  ·  Rating Details ·  21,388 Ratings  ·  1,688 Reviews
Witch and day-walking demon Rachel Morgan has managed to save the demonic ever after from shrinking, but at a high cost. Now strange magic is attacking Cincinnati and the Hollows, causing spells to backfire or go horribly wrong, and the truce between the races, between Inderlander and human, is shattering.

Rachel must stop the occurrences before the undead vampire masters
Published February 25th 2014 by Voyager

To ask other readers questions about The Undead Pool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Undead Pool

VampireNovelFan
Jun 18, 2013 VampireNovelFan rated it it was amazing
This book is E.P.I.C!

Let's kick this off with a few of my favorite quotes!

"And the kiss...A tingle raced through me. Slowly my smile faded. Ellasbeth didn't know what she had."

"You've had that elf as your familiar for over a year, and he's not put the sparkle in your scrying mirror even once?"

"Trent leaned back, eyeing us over his scribbled legal pad.  ' You have amazing friends.'
'I need them to stay alive through my amazing life,' I said, and Ivy became almost sultry as she pulled hersel
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
May 21, 2013 Lynsey (A Bookish Life) rated it it was amazing
A Wild Magic Ride.

To say this book is highly anticipated might just be the biggest understatement I’ve ever made. I can think of no other series where the author has led readers to such an unbearable edge of anticipation, held them there mercilessly for what seems like millennia, and made them grateful for it. It smacks of pure masochism if you ask me. I had no idea I swung that way, but apparently I’m all for it.

Of course, I’m talking about the Trent-Rachel relationship. What else? It’s quite
Ferdy
Spoilers

What the hell has happened to this series? It went from Rachel having adventures, working on cases with Ivy and Jenks, and getting into all sorts of trouble to Rachel fawning over Trent and blushing like a schoolgirl-jammy-cow-idiot-twit. Everything was about bloody Trent, his boring kids, his dull elves, and his 'oh I'm such a martyr, I'm suffering for everybody, woe is me' nonsense. Ugh.

Random, Ranty, Repetitive thoughts:

-What's what: Magic playing up and vampires going crazy and weird
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Will they or won't they?

That's all this book is about.

If you haven't read this series yet, Stop! Unless you're in the mood for reading about stuff that isn't going to make sense. This review is for the diehard fans...the ones that have struggled through all the Ivy nonsense and the Nick-Kisten-Marshal-Pierce drama. The ones that have cheered for Rachel from her early witch struggles to the maturity that she has shown in this book. YOU know who you are.

That's right...I'm talking to you! An
Angela
Mar 28, 2013 Angela marked it as to-read
Kim can't write fast enough for me. I just love her "The Hollows" novels with Rachel, the itchy witch & her 2 best buds, Ivy & Jenks
Veronica
Oct 07, 2013 Veronica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
What can I say about a book that I’ve been waiting for since at least book three? To say that it was amazing, heartbreaking, uplifting, funny, life affirming, maddening, romantic, and bittersweet is all accurate and yet still woefully insufficient. The fact that this is the penultimate book in what will be a 13 book series makes it even that much more incredible. Most long running series outstay their “sell by” date and go out with a whimper, with some readers relieved, if not downright happy, t ...more
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – The Undead Pool (The Hollows #12)
Author – Kim Harrison
Publication Date – February 25, 2014
Type – Part of Series
Genre – Paranormal Romance
Rating – 6 out of 5 Stars

Review
Ok….please bear with me – this is the first Paranormal book I have the pleasure of reviewing.  Yeah – I have read hundreds of them when I was addicted to this genre…..but for some reason – I can’t help but love and continue to read The Hollows series.

It’s kind of funny but years ago when I first picked up Book #1 – I read t
Pia
Feb 07, 2014 Pia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who are you and what have you done to Rachel ?!

I finally finished reading TUP this morning and I've been struggling to decide how many stars to give it ever since, vacillating between 2 and 4. So I've been doing what I do best, procrastinating in putting in my rating and review and finally decided on 3 stars, for now.

To say that I had been looking forward to this book is a huge understatement.
I had it all planned out, reading the first 5 chapters on the 24th, getting up at 6 am on the 25th (rel
Prami
EPIC!!

This book was just perfect. All the waiting we had to do for it's release was totally worth it.

Full review to come.

Old Status:
2014 is toooooooo far away :'(

Yay!! Here's the synopsis. FINALLY!

Here is the first chapter of the book..
Chapter One

Montzalee Wittmann
Apr 28, 2017 Montzalee Wittmann rated it it was amazing
The Undead Pool (The Hollows #12) by Kim Harrison continues with another winning book in the Hollows series. I love the interaction between vamps, elves, demons, were, humans, and more. In this book, many things are going on but the many thing is a magic attack in not only attacking the city but tracking Rachel. Something is putting the master vampires to sleep...Rachel is feeling more for Trenton....ah...I love these books!
Shayla
Jun 19, 2013 Shayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An amazing book like always, chapter 22 was my favorite. I am thoroughly pissed at Al and hope he gets his head out of his ass in the next book. Newt was awesome in this book, lice her with Red. The Mystics and the Goddess completely took me by surprise with what they could do and how Rachel handled them. The Undead Pool was a great book, however i am not looking forward to the next one as it symbolizes the end of a series that i live and have come to dream about.
Klint
Feb 17, 2013 Klint rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Thank you Harper for this ARC.

Kim Harrison did it again!! What an amazing book!

Review to come :)

------------------

I can't help myself, I need to read it again!
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

Warning – there are spoilers in this review.

The Hollows series has remained my favorite series for several years– it has everything I want in a continued world – darkness, humor, the supernatural done right, exciting plotlines that are focused on, amazing characterization, and addicting dialogue. Pretty much all my fangirl buttons are pushed. To say I was excited to read this book is an understatement. Just like last year, I made sure I had the day off from work to sit all day and read this the
Katie Michaels
Feb 23, 2014 Katie Michaels rated it it was amazing
With the notable exception of A Perfect Blood, the Hollows has been steadily gaining momentum in the past few years. Each book is better than the one before. Each book has reminded me why I love this series so damn much. And once again, with this new installment, I have a new favorite. And frankly, I don't know how Kim Harrison is going to top this one. In fact, part of me wants to just stop reading right here, so she can't sucker-punch me at the end of the series.

I'm going to do my very best no
Choko
It just made me sad... I did not like Trent from the beginning and now i am just sick about my favorite male demon! He is the one for Rachel, not the elf... Sad, sad, sad...
And they are probably going to figure out a way to have babies elf/demon, which would just suck! Soooo disappointing!
I need more Al, less Trent, and the gutsy, wonderfully brave character of Rachel from the first books to come back. She has become at the most an Elf lackey, at the least, a doormat! Not the girl we all fell in
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads

Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

So I realize that I’m diving straight into this without having reviewed the previous ELEVEN (it makes me happy that “eleven” is so close to “elves”) books, but I promise I’ll get to them before the series ends next year.

*sobs*

I’m also going to do my darnedest to not be spoilery for this particular book, but as it’s the twelfth book, avoiding spoilers for the series in its entirety is probably beyond my abilities. You have been dully warned.

Kim Harrison’s The Holl
Amber
Jun 18, 2013 Amber rated it liked it
Forgive me for this:

Oh god oh god oh god oh god
Angela
Aug 01, 2013 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
So the book is probably a 3.5 and while I liked parts of it there were parts I felt didn't quite gel with me. I loved every scene Newt was in and she pretty much stole the show whenever she was on page. There wasn't enough Al, for me and being the Al lover I am, I had hoped he would have a greater role given events in the previous outing Ever After. But there wasn't a lot of the demons in here and there wasn't a lot of demon magic at all.

This book was more centred around the elves and their wild
Duchess Nicole
I feel like this should be one of my favorites of the series because...you know, Trent! And while I did love that he got such a starring role, the rest of it seemed oddly scattered. At the end, I wasn't sure what the point of the book was. What happened here that moved the series forward? A couple of major character relationships (both good and bad) moved forward, but other than that, I felt like it was a bit of a letdown.

I do find it cool that the demon world and the elven world are really col
Regina
Jun 19, 2013 Regina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibooks, 2014, favorites
I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster... I loved it! TUP provided so many answers to long lingering questions I've had.

Amazing... Simply amazing...

Two songs that really make me think of this book...

Don't Let Go - En Vogue - http://youtu.be/5Kih3XKF_Mw

*sobs*
Can't We Try - Dan Hill & Vonda Shepard - http://youtu.be/vAjrMuhOc0Y
Susana
Sep 22, 2013 Susana marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-i-follow
That's Trent?? O_O
Really?
what happened to his hair??
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Welcome back to the Hollows! In the twelfth book of the series, Kim Harrison gives readers exactly what they have been wishing for in THE UNDEAD POOL.

Witch and day-walking demon, Rachel Morgan has yet another problem that has been wreaking havoc on Cincinnati. Spells have been misfiring all over the place, but seem to be originating her from ley line. This puts her in a spot responsible for cleaning up this mess, but when the union between humans and the Inderlanders rock on shaky ground, she is
Rabidreading
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

So Worth The Wait!

I can't talk about the Hollows series without devolving into a gushing, nonsensical, fangirly mess. It's simply not possible. Kim Harrison has wowed and amazed me so many times, over so many years, that at this point if you were to tell me she walks on water, leaps tall buildings in a single bound, or has discovered the cure for cancer, my response would be, "Well duh, of course she has! It's KIM!"

The Undead Pool, though.
Darth J
Review also published at My Bookshelf is Ready.

Okay, so basically a bunch of mystics find Rachel and make her a Goddess or something?? Harrison's often choppy writing style can be a bit hard to follow sometimes, so that bit was unclear. Anyway, Newt pulls them out and I guess puts them in a jar because they look like fireflies. Meh.

(view spoiler)
Deea (Andreea)
I don't have anything to say at this point.

Sometimes there are no words, you know?

Except... Thank you, Ms Harrison. Thank you for that scene, for the epic finale, for all the action and all the feels, for these characters - for writing this book.
Thank you. It was worth the wait.

I'm feeling kinda empty and book hangover at the moment, and this wasn't even the very last one in the series. Either way, it's the only series I've been following for years and my life will not be the same without it
Paula
Sep 04, 2013 Paula rated it it was amazing

ONE WORD: TRENT

I love that Elf. Rachel rocked it out again. And Tink’s little pink dildo, I'm so happy with the turn of events in this book that I might burst!

“I like walking into a room and seeing your face light up when you see me,” he said earnestly, the sun from the open window making his hair glow. “I like arguing with Quen over the wisdom of employing a demon to be my security.”
My throat caught. This wasn’t going to happen, but something in me was withering. I wanted more—and I knew I co
Jennifer Williams
Jun 16, 2013 Jennifer Williams rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Trent is totally yummy and I have been waiting for books now for them to hook up! 2014 is torture!!!! :) love this series!

FINALLY! I have been waiting for Rachel and Trent to hook up! I want more!!!
Christal
AH and I had a great group discussion about this book over on Badass Book Reviews!

The Undead Pool was another five-star read from Kim Harrison for me! I don't think this was my favorite book in the series but it was undeniably strong and presented some really interesting developments in Rachel's personal life.

Rachel has definitely grown and matured in this series. In The Undead Pool, Rachel has to figure out why spells are backfiring in The Hollows and how the chaos relates to her ley line. Rach
Melliane
Dec 22, 2014 Melliane rated it it was amazing
Mon avis en Français

My English review

And here’s volume 12 and the countdown begins, yes, because the end is now very soon with the next and final volume. I am so sad to see the end approaching that fast but it does not change the fact that I once again had a great time with this adventure.

Our beloved heroine is as always very good at finding trouble and this time will not change that fact. Indeed, it seems that a wave of energy is following Rachel, causing the backfire of many charms causing ter
Michelle
Oh - wow!! New players come to the fore in wickedly fantastic style.

I adore Kim Harrison's creation of Rachel Morgan and all the fiendishly entrancing characters in Cincinnati and the Hollows.

The penultimate installment ramps up the tension and the consequences of actions. Fabulous villains, life changing fallout - it's all change. There's the whole Rachel/Trent/Ellasbeth question, too.

Don't miss The Undead Pool - Harrison delivers!
Urban Fantasy ser...: February SRA: THE UNDEAD POOL by Kim Harrison 3 8 Feb 06, 2017 07:05PM
Hollows Read-Alon...: The Undead Pool 115 363 Mar 16, 2015 04:56PM
The Challenge Fac...: Belinda & Angie - The Undead Pool 27 20 Aug 16, 2014 08:50PM
Love the Hollows 2 46 Jun 09, 2014 09:39AM
Excellent finish to an amazing book 10 49 Jun 05, 2014 02:58PM
Hollows Read-Alon...: Trent and Rachel *Spoilers* 257 454 May 01, 2014 08:18AM
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane, #5)
  • Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #6)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
Kim Harrison, author of the New York Times #1 best selling Hollows series, was born in Detroit and lived most her her life within an easy drive. She's currently working on the Peri Reed Chronicles, and when not at her desk, is most likely to be found landscaping her new/old Victorian home, in the garden, or on the links.
Kim reaches out to her audience at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KimHarris
More about Kim Harrison...

The Hollows (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (The Hollows, #2)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • A Fistful of Charms (The Hollows, #4)
  • For a Few Demons More (The Hollows, #5)
  • The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6)
  • White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7)
  • Black Magic Sanction (The Hollows, #8)
  • Pale Demon (The Hollows, #9)
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)

“His expression became serious, and his hand almost slipped from mine. "I've had a long time to think about it."

"This can't work!"

He looked down, then jerked his head up in frustration as his finger tightened on mine. "I'm not asking you to marry me, Rachel. I just ..."

My heart pounded, and he stepped closer, so close the scent of cinnamon and wine enveloped me.

"I like walking into a room and seeing your face light up when you see me," he said earnestly, the sun from the open window making his hair glow. "I like arguing with Quen over the wisdom of employing a demon to be my security."

My throat caught. This wasn't going to happen, but something in me was withering. I wanted more--and I knew I couldn't have it.

He touched my hair, and I twitched as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “I want to wake up beside you, see your curls on my pillow. I want a chance at falling in love.”

My breath came fast. That was what I wanted too, and it hurt more than I thought was possible to survive.”
51 likes
“Trent, is this a date?"

He didn't reach for the key still in the ignition. "You never told me how your car got impounded."

"Is this a date?" I asked again, more stridently.

Silent, he sat there, his hands on the wheel as he stared at the front door and the neon bowling pins flashing on and off. "I want it to be.”
26 likes