Start by marking “The Sixth Power” as Want to Read:
The Sixth Power

The Sixth Power

Tania Westing, a high school senior, is one of the Gifted Ones, descendants of an ancient family with seven special powers. Some of the powers are common, and some are rare.

Until her geneticist brother Tom was murdered, Tania lived an ordinary life. Now hidden in her mind is a clue that will reveal Tom's research, including secret formulas to unlock all seven powers. Durin
Published January 22nd 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Sixth Power, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sixth Power

Lynda Bester
Mar 14, 2013 Lynda Bester rated it really liked it
Bayan Basri
I received a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a great story with elements you've already heard of and completely new aspects that make this book unique and fresh.
Tania is a great heroine. She isn't perfect. She needs help and training from other more experiences people like her, and she acknowledges that. She keeps her emotions in check and stays strong for the majority of the book but she does have moments of weakness which make her all the more human. What I l
Theresa Flores
Feb 03, 2013 Theresa Flores rated it really liked it
The Sixth Power is a book about good vs evil. Knowledge is power, and El Calavera, the book's main antagonist, believes that one of the most powerful discoveries that can change the world is in the mind of Tania Westing, a high school senior. Tania Westing is one of the Gifted Ones with the ability to heal other people, but she has always lived an ordinary life - up until the moment she met a man named Dan Maclean. After she realizes that her life is in grave danger, she faces one challenge to ...more
Satarupa
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side!

Firstly I would like to thank Carol Nicolas, author of The Sixth Power for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this book!

I loved the main character Tania is lovable and I really adored her, she is powerful, confident, compassionate and I really heart the sweet romantic relation between her and Dan.

The suspense will make you think about what's about to come through out the story and the aut
Calypso
Aug 13, 2016 Calypso rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, young-adult, yikes

I was so disappointed by this book that I cannot even begin to properly explain it. When I first started reading The Sixth Power, I admit that I had no clue what I’m walking into, just that it involves super powers and genetic research. We all know how many books/comics, both good and bad, have attempted that kind of plot recipe before with a myriad of varying results, so I was wondering what would make this book stand out from the rest.

Nothing made this book stand out. In fact, I can name a ha
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

I really liked this book. Loved the paranormal/sci-fi aspects of it. It was kindof a mix of both, has the genetics playing into it, but these "Gifted" ones are born that way, not made, so that is where I feel the paranormal part of witches powers etc.

Anyway, over all its about good vs. evil, and Knowledge is very powerful, and the evil El Calavera is the books main antagonist, he believes that one of the most powerful discoveries that can change the world is hidden in the mind of Tania Westing,
Danielle Forrest
Apr 12, 2013 Danielle Forrest rated it really liked it
This story intrigues from the very beginning, with Tania's brother sneaking in and saying his goodbyes. You know something bad is going to happen. You can feel the emotion, the tension, as he says his final farewell, constantly cognizant of the enemies that lurk.

This story is like one of those Russian dolls - you take off a layer, only to find another beneath it. Each layer peels away, revealing more clues, more hints, until everything is made clear. The mysteries in this book will keep you gues
Holly
I was asked by the author to read and review this. I got nothing from her but a free book. (Which really, isn't a bad exchange.)

So, this sounds very similar to a lot of other books out there right now, namely Kelley Armstrong's two YA series (one of them being The Darkest Powers. I can't think of the name of the other right now). I like the idea of Gifts and if it comes with a little sci-fi in the form of genetics, I'll still take it.

What I liked about this was that the story was intricate and m
Sara Strand
Jun 01, 2013 Sara Strand rated it really liked it
While this is a YA novel, it doesn't fully feel like it. If you are a fan of The Lord of the Rings, you'll probably enjoy this because the secret carried throughout this book is a riddle of sorts from that book. I am also left chanting,"sequel, sequel" because you are left with some loose ends and a big of a cliff hanger at the very end.
Tania has had a life full of loss- her mother died in an accident and her brother died of an apparent suicide. But all is not as it seems and that goes with eve
Bishieaddict
Aug 24, 2013 Bishieaddict rated it liked it
I am received this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book is about a teenaged girl (Tanta) who comes into her special powers. She was discouraged from using it in the past for her own safety. She is the key of a secret that can have dire consequences if it is used for evil purposes.

The beginning of the story grabbed my attention. I really enjoyed the first chapter of the book. Tom’s chapter had a sense of urgency, suspense and mystery. I got sucked into the world.

*Spoiler Alert*

After
Laurie
This was a fast-paced, enjoyable read that is clean, suspenseful, and well-written. Normally, I am not much swayed by the cover of a book, but I have to say this one is particularly haunting. I love it! I was pulled into the story early on. Tania’s voice throughout is youthful, generally confident, and pleasing. I particularly liked the mystery that surrounds most of the characters – everyone has secrets. The evil faction is especially loathsome. The sweet romance that develops between Tania and ...more
Susan
May 16, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Carol pens "The Sixth Power" a thrilling adventure of paranormal romance and mystery in a fast paced, well written plot that totally had me captivated from the start. The cover itself just hooked me right in with her haunting stare shown. There was great character development that was believable and the special powers descriptions were fantastic. A must read for all paranormal lovers.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Elizabeth
Mar 02, 2013 Elizabeth rated it liked it
The beginning was sort of overwhelming with a lot of stuff thrown at you with no explanations, and then after that the book moved very slowly for a stretch. Once I got about halfway through I enjoyed it a lot more and rushed to finish it so I could find out what happened to everyone. Overall it was pretty good.
Slawka Grabowska
Mar 01, 2013 Slawka Grabowska rated it it was amazing
Lori Howe
Feb 03, 2013 Lori Howe rated it really liked it
An author to watch. This YA is a good read and will be worth your time. Enjoyed all the references to LOTR and I hope this is the beginning of a series. it was terrific, too, to run across a heroine who wasn't too stupid to live or was frustrating to read.
Nicky
Feb 09, 2013 Nicky rated it liked it
Not bad for a YA book. It was slow and dragged on at some parts. And some parts were rushed and corny. Some parts were overly preachy. But overall a decent and interesting story.
Jan 27, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
a fun, quick read. an interesting and fairly engaging world. nothing earth-shattering, but in terms of teen fiction, it's pretty decent.
Carol Nicolas
Feb 19, 2016 Carol Nicolas rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Cody Martin
Cody Martin rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
vishruti
Nov 05, 2013 vishruti rated it it was amazing
i loved the book.
Daniel Nicolas
Daniel Nicolas rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2013
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2013
Julie S.
Julie S. marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2013
Melissa Robles
Melissa Robles marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
T.H.
T.H. marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2013
Zoya
Zoya marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
MommyDearest
MommyDearest marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Crystal Dawn
Crystal Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
grace truth
grace truth marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Sayerah
Sayerah marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2013
Caro
Caro marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Eliza
Eliza marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Nancy Luebke
Nancy Luebke marked it as to-read
Joy
Joy marked it as to-read
Kiara  Reape
Kiara Reape marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Marissa Maybe
Marissa Maybe marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Thelogicmen
Thelogicmen marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Kristenj2009
Kristenj2009 marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Ashley Ehlers
Ashley Ehlers marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Alejandra
Alejandra marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Ab2y
Ab2y marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Carol Nicolas divides her time between northern Utah and southern California. A native of Canada, she attended BYU-Idaho (formerly Ricks College) and obtained a bachelor’s degree in education from Brigham Young University (Provo). A teacher, mother of five, world traveler, and fan of sci-fi/fantasy books and films, she enjoys gardening, painting, and family history research. She likes rock, pop, ...more
More about Carol Nicolas...