Start by marking “Life-Giving Love: Embracing God's Beautiful Design for Marriage” as Want to Read:
Life-Giving Love: Embracing God's Beautiful Design for Marriage

Life-Giving Love: Embracing God's Beautiful Design for Marriage

God has a beautiful design for your marriage. Have you discovered it? Hahn offers a fresh but deeply rooted perspective on the true meaning of marital love and its implications for a number of significant issues: natural family planning, contraception, infertility, abortion, sterilization, and miscarriage. She draws from Scripture and Church teachings as well as poignant p ...more
Published April 4th 2002 by Servant

To ask other readers questions about Life-Giving Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life-Giving Love

Tirzah Eleora
Jan 07, 2016 Tirzah Eleora rated it really liked it
Kimberley Hahn's heartfelt appeal to the men and women who are followers of Christ to open themselves to the life God chooses to give them will touch your heart and gently nudge your conscience. Many Christians that are convicted about these wonderful teachings are sadly quiet about them, so reading this testimonial was very refreshing. Recommend it!
Serina Creekmore-leslie
Jun 17, 2010 Serina Creekmore-leslie rated it it was amazing
After reading this book, it opened my heart and my husband's heart to leave our family planning up to God. It made me realize that using birth control was a way of saying "No" to God's plan for us and our marriage. We wanted God entirely in our marriage.
Olivia
Nov 12, 2007 Olivia rated it it was amazing
Every Catholic couple should read this book. I dig the Hahns.
Teri
Mar 05, 2013 Teri rated it really liked it
Life-Giving Love helped me more fully and personally understand the Church's teachings against contraception. I read it with a group of women because I wanted to hear others' real-life responses to a tough teaching in our faith. I'd say it was life-changing. I don't think I'd recommend this as an "outsider's" guide, but for a new Catholic hoping to understand these teachings, it's valuable.
Leyla
Mar 23, 2014 Leyla rated it it was amazing
I believe books have their own time. I was given this book 5 years ago when I was starting my family. It was there on the shelf for that long. Until now. After and as I read it let me just say that I am in love. (I don't think this book would've caused the same emotion back then.) Thank you Tia for lending it to me.
Sue
Mar 22, 2013 Sue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholic
I own this book. I thought the book was beautifully written. The Hahn's testimony, offered through Kimberly's perspective, is heartfelt. You get a better understanding of marriage, motherhood, and God's plan for the two.
Mar 13, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Great book! I learned a lot about the Catholic teachings. It covered every possible aspect that a couple could be dealing with and offered a lot of sound advice and guidance. Good read, if a hard truth for many.
Michelle
Feb 18, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing
We have been reading this book with our book group for the past year. It has such good, clear teaching about living out trust in God with our fertility.
Pamela
Mar 27, 2015 Pamela rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion, non-fiction
A wonderful road map to "happily ever after." A very encouraging read into the keys to a faith-filled marriage.
Riko
Nov 02, 2007 Riko rated it really liked it
All Catholics (and non-Catholics as well!!) should read this book.
Amy Wyckoff
May 06, 2008 Amy Wyckoff rated it it was amazing
This was an eye opening book. It is one of my favorites that I have read many times.
Kara
Oct 01, 2010 Kara rated it really liked it
An excellent introduction to the Catholic beliefs about family planning and marriage (the "theology of the body") and a heartfelt sharing of Scott and Kimberly Hahn's own story and struggles.
Jordan
Sep 18, 2012 Jordan added it
this book is fantastic it changed everything I thought I knew
Anne
Sep 10, 2011 Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apologetics
A good introduction to the understanding of marriage, the body, and the human person that informs Catholic teaching on contraception, sterilization, and abortion.
Jeni
Sep 20, 2011 Jeni rated it it was amazing
One of my very favorite books!!!
Lia Brasali Ariefano
Nov 05, 2007 Lia Brasali Ariefano rated it really liked it
Inspiring. Change my point of view on marriage life and children.
Melissa
Sep 24, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: currently-own
I really enjoyed reading. It gave me such a great perspective on living open to life.
Renee
Nov 20, 2008 Renee rated it it was amazing
Amazing insight to family!
Rachel Bostwick
Rachel Bostwick rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2013
Elizabeth Keplinger
Elizabeth Keplinger rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2015
Sarah Laundy
Sarah Laundy rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2007
T
T rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2012
Natalia
Natalia rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Mary Ellen
Mary Ellen rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2008
Tina Surette
Tina Surette rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2014
Aet
Aet rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • First Comes Love: Finding Your Family in the Church and the Trinity
  • Men, Women and the Mystery of Love: Practical Insights from John Paul II's Love and Responsibility
  • Good News About Sex & Marriage: Answers to Your Honest Questions about Catholic Teaching
  • Parenting with Grace: Catholic Parent's Guide to Raising Almost Perfect Kids
  • Three to Get Married
  • Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic
  • If You Really Loved Me: 101 Questions on Dating, Relationships, and Sexual Purity
  • Surprised By Truth: 11 Converts Give the Biblical and Historical Reasons for Becoming Catholic
Mrs. Kimberly Hahn has been married to Scott since 1979. They have six children: Michael, Gabriel, Hannah, Jeremiah, Joseph, and David. Kimberly has been a full-time, stay-at-home Mom since their firstborn’s arrival. Currently, she home schools her younger children. She enjoys speaking with Scott, but ministry is a priority after family commitments.

Kimberly became a Catholic at the Easter Vigil of
More about Kimberly Hahn...