Start by marking “Scattered Magic (The Sidhe Collection, #1)” as Want to Read:
Scattered Magic (The Sidhe Collection, #1)

Read Excerpt

Scattered Magic (The Sidhe Collection #1)

An act of treachery brings the Mounds, the fey realm, collapsing in upon itself. The survivors flee to the surface world, but modern day Ireland isn’t safe for the fey. Predators like vampires, Changelings, wizards, and enchanted humans are everywhere, and they all crave the Sidhe…

Two Sidhe strive to save the fey from extinction.

Donovan, a former assassin for the Unseelie
Paperback
Published May 2nd 2013 by Ravynheart Publishing (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Scattered Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scattered Magic

Sherri S
Feb 18, 2013 Sherri S rated it really liked it
Where to start, where to start. I'm as giddy as a school girl about this series, and that's not me. I'm not a book club fanatic, I like my quiet time to sit and read and maybe go to sleep.

This book for me was like finding my one true love, in book form, from the first few chapters in on the very first read. I knew this was the one. I saw the world, I felt the characters in a way that literally transported me, and I started wondering about my own reality on how well placed S. Archer and Ravynhear
Melissa Hayden
Feb 10, 2013 Melissa Hayden rated it really liked it
Shelves: fey, ebook
In Whom You Trust: This prequel explains the curse of the Touch by the Sidhe, and gives a closer look at Lugh – the good and the bad. We get to see the All-Mother, Danu, and who Aiofe is and the theory behind why she is gone.

End of the World: Lugh stands his guard as Champion when Jhaer attacks. Something goes wrong…and the All-Mother is in danger.

Aftershock: This starts where End of the World starts, but through the eyes of Jhaer, why he attacks and his thoughts of the fall of the Mounds happen
Kelly
Apr 07, 2013 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Holy crumb. This is my second time reading through this series (I read the serialized installments as they came out originally) and SO MUCH HAPPENS here. SO MUCH! Heartache, death, pain, torture, mourning... Okay, all that makes it sound like it's all angst and betrayal but it's GRIPPING angst and betrayal. You get to see a people on the verge of being destroyed by something they have no control over as the reality of Danu's death forces them to wither and fade away. The unscrupulousness of less ...more
Teri
Sep 04, 2015 Teri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed the characters that were apart of the book. There are many and the book changes back and forth as you see the complete story unfolding and where everyone fits into the whole scheme. Excitement, lost love, learning who they are and the kind of magic they have. All in all well written and fun as well. Cant wait to check out the next book of the series especially after the way this book ends.
Sherri Semine
Aug 08, 2015 Sherri Semine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best series I've ever read. Recommend it to anyone who loves urban fantasy with something new. Can't get enough of this world. Can't say more. Just read a page or two. I dare you.
Start from the beginning if you can. It works either way.
Sarah Bruer
Dec 20, 2015 Sarah Bruer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Urban Fantasy

This book has interesting characters that as the series progress (I've read all the subsequent books) show character development. My favorite characters in this series is Malcolm, Donovan, and Lugh. The characters all have their own faults and virtues. I especially like the interactions between these three characters. In the books they consider each other as enemies but, in the end, they find that their goals are the same. Another character that I wish we could have had bett
Sibilla
Feb 11, 2016 Sibilla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is my first from these authors and it will surely not be the last.
The story develops super fast, the world building is typical UF without being cliché. The characters are cool and nicely depicted, some of them are more "traditional", but others are brand new, which is not an easy thing to do (create a new character) is stream of literature as packed of good books as UF.
I found cool that the authors match the storytelling with the different behaviors of the characters, so the
Carole
Apr 18, 2014 Carole rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries
This story met all my expectatons for a series on Faeries.
It has intrigue, plus a bit of romance and lots of action.
I got captivated right from the start and I can't wait to
read what happens next.
The way the authors describe the Fae world in Ireland and
England was so believable, plus the characters were very interesting.
When you are introduced to Lugh - Seelie Court and Donovan - Unseelie Court, you
can see that even though they are enemies they have the best interests of the
Sidhe at heart and t
Lisa
Aug 26, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
Scattered Magic is collection 1 of the The Sidhe series by S.A. Archer.

This is the first book from this author that I've read. I enjoyed reading it. The characters were interesting and well thought out. The story was fresh and well written. I liked the diversity of the characters. It has fey, vampires, changelings, wizards and more. The setting is set in Ireland. It's vividly described mixed with a wonderfully, exciting, magically built world of the fey. I enjoyed reading this book and look forw
Amanda
Jan 19, 2015 Amanda rated it liked it
So I will say I was not a huge fan of the multi point of view style that this book followed. I found it slightly difficult to follow the time line at some points and at other times I just found myself skimming for the difference in views when it replayed a scene. At the same time I did find myself drawn into the story line and looking forward to the next part of the collection.
Latisha Bramlett
Nov 07, 2013 Latisha Bramlett rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, first-reads
I received this book from a Goodreads Giveaway for my honest review.

I really wanted to like this book. It had the potential to be great, but it just didn't work for me. There were way too many points of view. Everytime I got interested in the story, the author would switch points of view and leave me wanting.
Dj Acrey
Mar 29, 2016 Dj Acrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story!!

When I began reading this story, it seemed to jump all over the place and it was difficult to separate the characters, but within a half dozen chapters, it leveled out and started coming together, I am looking forward to reading more in this series!!!
Susan Commeford
Apr 15, 2013 Susan Commeford rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Love the story but hate the short overlapping and out-of-sequences chapters. I still give it 4 stars despite the annoyance.
Heather
Jan 02, 2016 Heather added it
Shelves: gave-up-on
This might be a good book to some but I just found myself several chapters in still feeling confused as to what was happening and not really feeling interested enough to figure it out.
Tj Weinheimer
Feb 17, 2016 Tj Weinheimer rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, and I am loving the series as well. The stories move very well, you get hooked and can't put the book down.
Gary Pereira
Gary Pereira rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2016
RegencyEmma
RegencyEmma rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2016
Adellandra Dratianos
Adellandra Dratianos rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Heidii Poplick
Heidii Poplick rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2014
Laura Arnold
Laura Arnold rated it liked it
May 18, 2014
Teri Swyers
Teri Swyers rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Faelan
Faelan rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2014
Elemme
Elemme rated it liked it
May 15, 2016
Miechell Short
Miechell Short rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Oct 26, 2014
Malissa
Malissa rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2015
Margaret
Margaret rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Have you discovered this series yet? 1 1 Dec 30, 2015 06:18AM
  • Sacrifice (Mortal Path, #2)
  • Crimson Flames
  • The Apprentice Journals
  • The Witches' Sleep (The Witches' Sleep, #1)
  • Blooded (Jessica McClain, #0.5)
  • Vampire Blues: Samantha Moon Case Files
  • Silver Skin (Cold Iron, #2)
  • Ren of Atikala (Kobolds; Ren of Atikala #1)
  • Desolate Pages: Careful What You Wish
  • External Forces (The Laws of Motion #1)
  • On Dark Shores 1: The Lady & 2: The Other Nereia (On Dark Shores, #1&2)
  • Rook (Allie's War, #1)
  • Hunter of Shadows (Moonlight, #5)
  • A Forbidden Were (Dakota Wolves, #3)
  • The Griffin's Boy (The Griffin Riders' Chronicles, #1)
  • Fable (The Lorn Prophecy, #1)
  • In Sea-Salt Tears (October Daye, #5.1)
  • Buried Hope
Urban fantasy author. Chronicler of the fey. Addicted to Sidhe magic and vampire bites.
Fey Cast The story behind the story and fun stuff like music videos, casting calls, and excerpts.
The Sidhe Touch website Character profiles, series reading order, and other goodies.
Sign up for the fan club newsletter and get a free The Sidhe ebook.
More about S.A. Archer...

The Sidhe Collection (4 books)
  • Remnants of Magic (The Sidhe Collection, #2)
  • Into Magic (The Sidhe Collection)
  • Bastion of Magic (The Sidhe Collection Book 4)