Romantic Interludes

Romantic Interludes

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Summary

The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House gives its readers seven spicy, sweet, and sassy stories guaranteed to satisfy.

What happens when the God of love is smitten by a mortal woman? Or when a marine comes home from overseas and wants a second chance with the one he let get away?

From a greeting card writer who hates Valentine’s Day, to a matchmaker who doesn’t beli...more
ebook
Published February 1st 2013 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House (first published January 29th 2013)

Kathie (katmom)
Surprise! This is available NOW! Maybe you'll love it too!

Yes, I'm giving this five stars. I've read six of the seven stories in this anthology (and will get that last one soon!).

And I LOVED THEM.

Fun, flirty, sweet, charming...and sexy! Workplace romances, Mythology fun, ER docs, military man, BAKED GOODS...so much to enjoy here!

Such a cool thing to have many of my favorite authors gathered in ONE PLACE!

Monique
The Golden Arrow and the Butterfly was a great short read. It was just the right amount of sweetness. I loved the Greek gods that the author included because I'm such a history buff and because it added a whole other element to this and made it more enjoyable in my opinion

The Gentleman Gardner was okay. Don't get me wrong, it was a cute read... but the couple didn't even kiss. Not even a peck. I need at least some kissing when I read romance.

I liked A Piece of Cake. It was a good read with a sub...more
Marie
Feb 21, 2013 Marie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
I was pretty sure going into it that I was gonna like this since I'm familiar with three of the authors already and I definitely did. My only complaint is that I liked most of the stories so much that I wished they were longer! For being fairly short the stories and characters were still detailed and engrossing. I don't like to describe the stories in so much detail that I give everything away so I won't do that but suffice it to say I would recommend this to anyone who didn't quite get their fi...more
This is a WONDERFUL book! I wasn't sure what to expect since I've only read Sydney Logan's stories. All of these authors have amazing talent. This is a great book for those who may want to get into romance novels slowly. There is nothing dirty or smutty or graphic. They are feel-good love stories. I will recommend this book to anyone! And, as usual, Sydney Logan's story took my breath away. I have also found some new authors to check out!
Sandi Layne
Jan 29, 2013 Sandi Layne added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Yep, I'm one of the seven authors herein, but I wanted to post a note to say that I very much enjoyed the stories written by my colleagues. A good mix of sweet and sexy, new meet-cutes and established relationships, paranormal and entirely human. There really is a Valentine here for most anyone who is looking for reminders that love is a very good thing.
Jaime
I loved it hard. Short stories that left you wanting more. To be completely honest, Stupid Cupid and Two Pink Lines were my favorites!!!!
Passion For Pages
The Golden Arrow and the Butterfly - I’ve read a couple of Lissa Bryan’s novels and think she’s really great so I was excited to see she was part of this little collection.

Meet the God Eros, or we know him better as Cupid. Yes, a real life Cupid. Eros has a little crush of his own on a mortal named Psyche. While playing with his bow and arrow in a mall, Eros is distracted by Psyche as he takes aim at his intended target and WOOSH! The arrow misses and lands straight into Psyche’s chest. What is...more
Sherri Hayes
This book is an anthology of 7 short stories.

My favorite story in the anthology was probably the one by Lissa Bryan. It was sweet, romantic, and kept me rooting for the hero and heroine to get together the entire way through. I enjoyed most of the other stories as well. It was a good sampling of these seven writers. If you like romance, and want to get a taste of these authors, this is a great starting point.
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
A lovely sample of romantic stories from some of my favourite authors. I loved them all, and they would be a great introduction to these authors for anyone who hadn't come across them before.

I was so happy to see Jennifer Schmidt's story, which caught up with Memphis and Kennedy from Risking It All, and I really enjoyed the sweetness of the stories by Sydney Logan, Sandi Layne, TM Franklin and Suzy Duffy. My favourite might have to be that by Lissa Bryan - I even messaged her after I read it to...more
Eda
Eda marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Tami Putvin
Tami Putvin marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
 Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Tiffani W.
Tiffani W. marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
M.B.
M.B. marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Cynthia Ogg
Cynthia Ogg marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Deanna Noga
Deanna Noga marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Haven Malone
Haven Malone marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Virginia marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Christine Morgan
Christine Morgan marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lissa Bryan is an astronaut, renowned Kabuki actress, Olympic pole vault gold medalist, Iron Chef champion, and scientist who recently discovered the cure for athlete's foot.... though only in her head. Real life isn't so interesting, which is why she spends most of her time writing.

She is the author of two novels, Ghostwriter and The End of All Things. Her third, Under These Restless Skies, will...more
More about Lissa Bryan...
The End of All Things (The End of All Things #1) Written in the Stars Ghostwriter The Selkie Wife Under These Restless Skies

“Then, as now, it was just uncomfortable. Now, as then, it was a lifted chin and a crooked smile that said more than they would ever allow themselves to communicate.” 3 likes
“...he couldn't help but wonder what Hannah might have looked like if...he'd answered that question April had asked him years ago.” 1 likes