Start by marking “Devil's Night” as Want to Read:
Devil's Night

Devil's Night (Kat Campbell #3)

Two things Perry Hollow Police Chief Kat Campbell never thought she would do again: Enter a burning building, and lay eyes on Henry Goll, the man who was trapped inside with her the last time she was in one. So Kat's on high alert when, barely a year after the dust settled around the Grim Reaper killings, both happen on the same day.

She's jolted awake at 1a.m. by a despera
Published August 20th 2013 by Minotaur Books

Lesa
Sep 07, 2013 Lesa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here's where I give my pitch for a mystery author who should be better-known than he is. Todd Ritter writes some of the most interesting mysteries out there. They feature a small-town police chief struggling with the violent crimes that are so unexpected in her town. Ritter's mysteries all have twists in them, unexpected turns at the end, but perfect turns. Devil's Night, the third in the series, is just as intriguing as either of the earlier ones. So, if I tell you to go back and pick up his fi ...more
Kimberly Hicks
Sep 05, 2013 Kimberly Hicks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Goodreads
Recommended to Kimberly by: Everyone
Shelves: read-on-kindle
Well Kat Campbell definitely knows how to turn up the heat, that is, one crazed arsonist did in her beloved town of Perry Hollow. As told in true Todd Ritter fashion, Perry Hollow was haunted on this Halloween night. Amazing what can occur within a 24 hour period!

Historical landmarks burning hotter than the sun, bodies slain in the aftermath, faith and trust shaken, old relationships struggling to remain intact, is there any wonder poor Chief Campbell made it out alive?

If you've been following t
Shaun
Jul 06, 2015 Shaun rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2015
It is both frustrating and exciting to start a book at its climax, only to then be taken back in time to read about the events that led up to that point. That's exactly what happens in Death Night when we see police chief Kat Campbell standing inside a room that has been kitten out with propane tanks which could explode at any time. Fires are breaking out across the small town of Perry Hollow, fires which could devastate the town forever. Kat arrives at Perry Hollow's one and only museum which h ...more
Starr Gardinier
Nov 11, 2013 Starr Gardinier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Devil’s Night” by Todd Ritter

Most times, I’m able to guess ‘who-did-it,’ but not so in this case. Ritter gave me whiplash from trying to guess who the culprit was. Just when I thought I had it all figured out—this is cliché, I know, but so very true—Ritter surprised me and I realized I was wrong. And the end? No way did I even come close to guessing it.

Kat Campbell is Perry Hollow’s Police Chief. The town—and Kat—has already seen its share of pandemonium. And now Kat is hoping things quiet back
Ria
Nov 03, 2015 Ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping crime / thriller.
Kat Campbell is the local police chief and gets more than she bargained for on Halloween when the local history museum goes up in smoke.
But apart from an accidental fire or even arson they find one of the curators and member of the history society, Constance Bishop found in a crawlspace beneath the floor bludgeoned to death and beneath her a chest full of ancient bones.
So now with TWO dead bodies on her hands with a sinister message written on Constance's wrist: "This
Paul Penney
What a disappointment!

I loved the first two books in the Kat Campbell series, and I had loaned them to family members to enjoy as well. I was looking forward to enjoying this, the third in the series. Kat, Nick & Henry are back for another adventure, this time investigating arson and murder in the town of Sleepy Hollow. Unlike the first two books, this one was kinda cheesy as the plot unfolded, more "Murder She Wrote" than action-suspense-thriller, and there was too much drama related to rel
Linda Strong
Feb 27, 2015 Linda Strong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
This is the 3rd in a series starring Kat Campbell, a single mom and Police Chief of a very small police department in a very small town in Pennsylvania. Even though its a very small town, serial killers seem to be abundant there.

This time around Kat is hunting down an arsonist and murderer who burned down the historic museum...with the president inside. With her body they also find a bag of old, old bones. And so the hunt begins.

In a typical small town, everyone knows everyone else, and the auth
CL
Jun 21, 2015 CL rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jolted awake in the early am and called to a fire at one of the Perry Hollow's historical buildings Chief Kat Campbell arrives only to find one of the museum's trustee has been murdered and left in the burning building. Then she comes face to face with Henry Goll from her past and things really start to happen. More historical building are burning and more people are turning up dead. Henry almost among them. As she hurries to solve this crime before her town is reduced to ashes she finds that th ...more
Debbie Krenzer
Todd Ritter has written another good one. This one, as usual has many surprises and suspects. I had no idea who the killer was and I loved that.

This was an edge of your seat journey that started out with a bang on the first page. There were even a couple of laughable moments to help release the tension before it started right back up again.

This was my third Todd Ritter book and I have loved them all. I can't believe he's not more popular than he is. Someone needs to market him.

Thanks to the p
Fredrick Danysh
Kat Campbell is the police chief is a small Pennsylvania town that is on the decline. Historic buildings are being burned and the body of the curator of the museum is found under the building after a fire along side a box of bones. A mysterious investor has just bought a large chunk of land. As the bodies and destruction piles up, Kat needs to find the motive. This is a good mystery read.
Amanda
Jan 17, 2015 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've absolutely loved this series, and am desperately hoping for a few new books!
I'd definitely recommend these books to anyone who likes a good mystery with characters you can really get attached to. :)
Karen Filipowicz
it wasn't the worst book I've read but it lacked a lot. luckily it was fairly short, a quick read. I'm not about to look for more by that author.
Dale
Sep 08, 2015 Dale rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never read Todd Ritter before but while this book didn't get my heart racing it was pretty good.
Jan Fortney
Jan Fortney rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2014
Algonquin Redux
Algonquin Redux rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2013
Ryan Doherty
Ryan Doherty rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2015
Steven
Steven rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2013
Lisa Cause
Lisa Cause rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2016
Felecia
Felecia rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Keith Allen
Keith Allen rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Lwerhane
Lwerhane rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Fizzyvimto
Fizzyvimto rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Chuck Wendt
Chuck Wendt rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2013
Ceilidh
Apr 17, 2014 Ceilidh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good one from Todd Ritter.
Luc
Luc rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2015
Shannon Costella
Shannon Costella rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Aka Alan Finn

Todd Ritter was born in rural Pennsylvania to a bank teller mother and a father who dabbled in taxidermy. He grew up among "Bambi"-esque forests and wide-open fields straight out of the cropduster scene from "North by Northwest." Appropriately, his two biggest influences are Walt Disney and Alfred Hitchcock. He lives in suburban New Jersey.
More about Todd Ritter...

Kat Campbell (3 books)
  • Death Notice (Kat Campbell #1)
  • Bad Moon (Kat Campbell #2)